bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

Just now, FresnoFacts said:

What is he going to do to make that happen, Federalize teachers and children? :hmmm: Maybe threaten to cut off federal funding? :huh:

Nah, he said that the governors will have latitude to do whatever they want. Effectively, he's saying that they'll have no choice if people end up going back to work... but he doesn't have to suffer any of the potential fallout.

7 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Oregon went to shelter in place this afternoon. Inslee is gonna announce it at 5:30 for Washington.

I'm hearing rumblings of a SIP order coming for NC in the next few days. We've got community spread going on now, and the infection rate is getting pretty exponential.

Just now, retrofade said:

I'm hearing rumblings of a SIP order coming for NC in the next few days. We've got community spread going on now, and the infection rate is getting pretty exponential.

Don’t go shopping until the day after the order is in place if that’s the case, the morons will immediately think they have to start clearing shelves.  

3 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Nah, he said that the governors will have latitude to do whatever they want. Effectively, he's saying that they'll have no choice if people end up going back to work... but he doesn't have to suffer any of the potential fallout.

Like he usually tries to do.

Just now, tailingpermit said:

Don’t go shopping until the day after the order is in place if that’s the case, the morons will immediately think they have to start clearing shelves.  

I'm actually planning a Costco run on Wednesday or Thursday, hoping that people will have blown their load already on stockpiling shit and are waiting until Friday to go again.

• Like 1

Just now, Mano said:

Sounds like Trump is going to be lifting many restrictions within a few weeks regardless of what his medical experts say.

He knows that is the stock market gets much worse and the economy flags any more, his reelection chances go down. That's literally about the only thing he gives a flying +++++ about.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, mysfit said:

Trump is not a medical person he has no +++++ing clue and no discipline.

People have died listening to his advice on the malaria drugs.

He cares more about the market and his election than people. If he had one single caring cell in his body he would step away and let Fauci run this.

Cuomo is preparing to give this drug to infected New Yorkers on a trial basis. Note hydroxychloroquine is an anti malaria drug. 

https://auburnpub.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/cuomo-ny-to-conduct-drug-trials-for-coronavirus-treatment/article_0fb6c870-7e29-5ee5-8bda-bbda132a5418.html

3 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Meanwhile Trump is saying that it'll be ending soon.

That dude can +++++ right off. He was parroting the CCP’s propaganda and commending the Chinese response less than a week before our first 5 cases were confirmed.

• Like 1

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 minutes ago, Mano said:

Sounds like Trump is going to be lifting many restrictions within a few weeks regardless of what his medical experts say.

Has the federal government imposed restrictions other than international flights?

I thought all the restrictions were at the state level, and regardless it will still be up to the states to ease them.  

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

He knows that is the stock market gets much worse and the economy flags any more, his reelection chances go down. That's literally about the only thing he gives a flying +++++ about.

I mean honestly we can’t stay shut down like this for months.  We will destroy 10s of millions of lives and our economy in the process. And as I’ve said earlier, that could lead to far more death and destruction than this virus could produce.  If we can isolate those that are sick and if we can develop an even better testing apparatus then it shouldn’t be an issue.  

• Like 7

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

What Trump cares about are his reputation, reelection, and his legacy in the history books.

20 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I also think it's more than a bit hyperbolic to claim that there would be "famines" if it gets extended further.

Four months of the entire economy shut down? No, not hyperbolic. Let alone the year to 18 months that have been floated.

Look, I'm sure trump will +++++ up any exit strategy. But he should be looking for one. And sooner than later. Not many seem to be right now. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.