bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

3 minutes ago, coalman29 said:

Enough of this teams and shit. If there ever was a time when they wanted to pass something important...and at "warp speed", they should of had BOTH parties developing the bill. Not just republicans in private and then springing it for a vote. Why use that process? Probably so people can do the finger pointing like you just did....

Honestly, would you have felt the same in reverse?

For fks sake... can't they for once work bipartisan and put something out there without any worries about scoring points for their side and also taking points away from the other side?

The stimulus bill had bipartisan support and would have passed until Nancy Pelosi and Schmuck Schumer instructed their part to fall in line and oppose it. Now we have nothing but finger pointing. We deserve better than this. 

13 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

The bill the republicans put forth had plenty in there for working folks. Checks to every american taxpayer, bridge loans to small businesses to keep them afloat. The Democrats would rather using this to try to leverage political advantage than help people. It is disgusting. 

Sure botb, teams and shit :rolleyes:

Even Trump thinks there should be some oversight provisions:

“I don’t want to give a bailout to a company and then have somebody go out and use that money to buy back stock in the company and raise the price and then get a bonus,” Trump said. “So I may be Republican, but I don’t like that. I want them to use the money for the workers.”

Maybe someone here can answer a question I have about that Senate bill that was defeated yesterday.  There seems to be conflicting messages about it.  Did that bill really contain a provision for the Secretary of the Treasury to provide funds to corporations without disclosing the names of the corporations receiving the funds or the amount given to any corporation?

I note that there are now 5 Republican senators in self isolation.  That means they cannot come to the floor of the Senate to vote.  

21 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Compromise. Put something in there for the working folks not just for the business owners.

My father was laid off.  He is a cook.  He wants his GD money lol.  EVERY "working folk" I know wants this passed.  Immediately.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

The stimulus bill had bipartisan support and would have passed until Nancy Pelosi and Schmuck Schumer instructed their part to fall in line and oppose it. Now we have nothing but finger pointing. We deserve better than this. 

WTF are you talking about? The Senate vote was 47-47. Bipartisan support?

17 minutes ago, retrofade said:

What a concept, right? The GOP's bill is effectively giving companies a blank check and not doing much for the workers themselves. 

BS.  It is allowing them to pay bills and buy food.  EVERY " worker" I know is in favor of it.  This is democratic pettiness in the extreme.  Nothing more.

• Like 1

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

My father was laid off.  He is a cook.  He wants his GD money lol.  EVERY "working folk" I know wants this passed.  Immediately.

Last I saw they were putting heavy restrictions on people getting their money and a lot of people wouldn't even see $1,000.  I haven't read the latest version though I don't think.

• Super-Mega Idiot 1

Just now, Wyobraska said:

Last I saw they were putting heavy restrictions on people getting their money and a lot of people wouldn't even see $1,000.  I haven't read the latest version though I don't think.

Last Version I saw was 1,200 checks sent out to everybody who made under 75k.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Last Version I saw was 1,200 checks sent out to everybody who made under 75k.

150,000 if you file married joint. 1200 dollar checks , followed by another round of 1200 checks shortly thereafter. It also included bridge financing to small businesses to keep them afloat during this shitstorm.  The Democrats need to quit playing games  and help the people who need it. 

1 minute ago, bornontheblue said:

150,000 if you file married joint. 1200 dollar checks , followed by another round of 1200 checks shortly thereafter. It also included bridge financing to small businesses to keep them afloat during this shitstorm.  The Democrats need to quit playing games  and help the people who need it. 

They won't.  They hate Trump far more then they care about your average lower income American.

1 minute ago, bornontheblue said:

A "slush fund" with virtually no oversight. The GOP needs to quit playing games and help the people who need it.

See how that works? :shrug:

There will be a compromise and they'll get there today or tomorrow.

• Like 2

What's $75k in some areas of the country?  What if your situation has vastly changed since 2018 since you know it is 2020?

Personally, I have moved to a different state, gotten married and have had a baby.  My situation is nowhere near what it was in 2018 when I filed single 

4 minutes ago, renoskier said:

A "slush fund" with virtually no oversight. The GOP needs to quit playing games and help the people who need it.

See how that works? :shrug:

There will be a compromise and they'll get there today or tomorrow.

They were helping the people who need it. 1,200 bucks, twice.  +++++ the petiness of democrats.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, coalman29 said:

Enough of this teams and shit. If there ever was a time when they wanted to pass something important...and at "warp speed", they should of had BOTH parties developing the bill. Not just republicans in private and then springing it for a vote. Why use that process? Probably so people can do the finger pointing like you just did....

Honestly, would you have felt the same in reverse?

For fks sake... can't they for once work bipartisan and put something out there without any worries about scoring points for their side and also taking points away from the other side?

Debate is ok. They don’t need to rubber stamp a bill. I actually like the process of compromise. That said something needs to get done in the next day or two. Take a breath people. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 3

So according to McConnell the Dems are holding this up over the Airlines Carbon Emissions and tax credits for solar panels.

• Angry 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

one of Utah's House of Rep - Ben McAdams hospitalized with severe shortness of breath on Friday.  He's 45 and has no other health conditions.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/488950-utah-democrat-diagnosed-with-coronavirus-hospitalized-after-experiencing

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/20/politics/congressman-ben-mcadams-coronavirus-symptoms-cnntv/index.html

• Sad 1

Just now, mugtang said:

So according to McConnell the Dems are holding this up over the Airlines Carbon Emissions and tax credits for solar panels.

Lets see what the Dem's say, but I highly doubt it's JUST because of those two issues, I bet there are larger ones that McConnell is not sharing. People will not accept democrats refusing to help save the country because they are looking to support environmental regulation.