bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

1 hour ago, bornontheblue said:

You dunce ! Nowhere close to 6.2 million people will die from this. You want to make a bet on this! Loser has to ban themselves from this board permanently. 

Can I join this bet. It’s a 2:1 Retro you whiny little bitch. We win you leave. We lose bnb and I both leave. C’mon put up or shut up. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bornontheblue said:

My bet is still open. If more than 6 million people die in the US I will ban myself permanently, under 6 million you ban yourself permanently. Let’s give it a year? You ready to back up that hysteria? 

Nothing like a "told you so" like a 6M body wager. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Wow dude. It’s okay to get irritated and tell someone to +++++ off. But might want to check yourself when saying you want someone to get sick. Take a deep breath. Rub one out. Then tell @retrofade to go hump a sheep. But don’t wish him to get sick. 

Sure about that?

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

24 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Can I join this bet. It’s a 2:1 Retro you whiny little bitch. We win you leave. We lose bnb and I both leave. C’mon put up or shut up. 

I love how you two are trying to casually bet on who lives and who dies. That's nearly as sad as the whole Best Buy parking lot internet tough guy shtick. 

I'll pass. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I love how you two are trying to casually bet on who lives and who dies. That's nearly as sad as the whole Best Buy parking lot internet tough guy shtick. 

I'll pass. 

No, I see people saying shit like 6 million people are going to die and I say no, nowhere near that many people will die. Absurdity needs to be shamed and pointed out ! 

Edit : To be clear I am not saying we just don’t GAF and live life normally. I’m self isolating the best I can just like everyone else. We need to take precautions and listen to health officials, but there is no need to say stupid shit like 6 million people in the US are going to die ! 

19 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Just calling him on his hysteria bullshit

Well, I'm calling you out on your "this isn't a big deal" bullshit. Perhaps the truth is somewhere in the middle... between where you think my "hysterics" or "fearmongering" is, and the nothingberder that you seem to be making it out as. 

Facts and statistics matter... regardless of whether you want to believe them or not. Do I think that 6 million are going to die? Probably not. However, if we were to let this virus run amok in the name of "saving" the economy, that number could have been in the realm of possibility. Calling every country that is experiencing significant issues with COVID-19 an "outlier" isn't helpful. I said that Spain and France are our closest analogues, and so far the trends seem to be bearing that out. 

That all said, the total deaths have never been my primary concern in all of this. Yes, death is always concerning, but the potential for this pandemic to completely overrun our health care system is a far more serious concern. That occuring --- as it has in other countries --- is a far greater risk to our nation than the deaths from COVID-19 alone. Y'all can bloviate all you want about how this isn't going to be very deadly, and you might be right... but if we overrun our hospitals and ICU beds, then we have some far greater concerns. Look at the whole picture here.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

No, I see people saying shit like 6 million people are going to die and I say no, nowhere near that many people will die. Absurdity needs to be shamed and pointed out ! 

Edit : To be clear I am not saying we just don’t GAF and live life normally. I’m self isolating the best I can just like everyone else. We need to take precautions and listen to health officials, but there is no need to say stupid shit like 6 million people in the US are going to die ! 

Yet you're accusing me of "hysteria" when I didn't say anything of the sort. 

sarcastic emma stone GIF

32 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I'll pass. 

They can both eat shit and die

Cold hearted little +++++ers

One of the Final Five..........

28 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

61AC20EC-9BBB-4AB7-B599-07107A893895.jpeg

Well apparently none of us are doing well on the bottom of the circle 😄

Let’s be honest, this board allows us all to blow off steam and say things we won’t/can’t say in real life.  A good friend of mine is a huge Trumper who told me 2 weeks ago Trump has this under control and tests would be generally available like a week ago.   When you’re worried about your wife dying and no tests are in sight you just want to tell him to shut the +++++ up and stop being an idiot. But it’s not possible unless you want to end that friendship.  So Bob and Soupslam become proxies.   

anyway thanks guys for stepping in:cheers: 

Dow Jones Futures hit limit down only 5 minutes after the futures opened tonight.

Currently DJF is down -4.25%.

Markets are spooked about the Senate not passing a stimulus today.

Then, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis President James Bullard said today he is forecasting the U.S. unemployment rate to hit 30% and he also expects a 50% decline in GDP.

Also, unemployment numbers will come out on Thursday and of course will be bad.

Markets are likely to open very ugly Monday morning.

• Sad 1

From Providence, Rhode Island.....

Dancers at Wonderland, a strip club, were giving lap dances to customers on Saturday, despite being warned against such activity by city officials on Thursday and Friday, Elorza said. Social distancing directives from the city and state recommend that people maintain a distance of at least six feet from each other.

“I can’t think of anything more irresponsible in a time like this,” Elorza said during a news conference held Wednesday outside the Davey Lopes Recreation Center. “We’re not only shutting them down, but there are going to be consequences even after we’re on the other side of this.”

https://www.providencejournal.com/news/20200318/elorza-says-6-businesses-ignored-coronavirus-restrictions