bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

4 minutes ago, alum93 said:

Why can't he tell the truth on testing?  Pence literally has to correct him with seconds.  He is a buffoon.  Just let the experts talk and let Pence take the lead and this whole conference would look completely different.  

because it's about him. the real problem is not the virus but how it affects the perception of him.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

No i know, just really annoyed he completely ignored that direct question twice. Not surprising, I know. 

Seriously, what is the point of everyone getting a test. Unless you are sick and have risk factors, you shouldn't get one. If it's negative, you could convert next week. Meanwhile you just inundated the labs testing sick people.

• Like 7

Well now that's a good message from the President

President Trump on Friday said that the threat of novel coronavirus to young, healthy Americans "remains very low," but warned that "anyone can be a carrier" of the virus.

The remarks came as he has not been tested for coronavirus despite extended contact with someone who has been diagnosed

"While the risks to young and healthy Americans remains very low — read a lot about this in the last two weeks — anyone can be a carrier for the virus and risk transmission to older Americans and those with underlying health conditions, and those who are most at risk, they have not done very well," Trump said in the Rose Garden. 

He continued: "Older Americans, who are — especially if they have a health problem — have not done well. We must take all precautions and be responsible for the actions that we take." 

One of the Final Five..........

4 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

Seriously, what is the point of everyone getting a test. Unless you are sick and have risk factors, you shouldn't get one. If it's negative, you could convert next week. Meanwhile you just inundated the labs testing sick people.

The goal is to slow the spread to keep from over overwhelming the health care system, right? Pushing for everyone to get a test, even those with mild symptoms and no risk factors, seems counter productive to that goal.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

Seriously, because you can transmit it for a week without symptoms. It seriously seems like people knowing they are contagious before they have symptoms would help slow down the spread of the virus. Seriously seems like slowing down the spread of the virus should be a top priority.

Seriously.

Of course he's not taking responsiblity, he never does.

At this stage, that doesn't really matter. What matters is managing this pandemic and minimizing deaths and economic fallout both for companies and individuals.

Up to now the response has been piss poor. We can't change that, we can only learn from it.

Let the experts manage this. Let the state and local governments manage it. Get more +++++ing tests out there. Fund these activities and have the feds get the +++++ out of the way of the experts and local governments.

Trump can say whatever he wants so long as the response is now managed by experts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, blind_squirrel54 said:

The goal is to slow the spread to keep from over overwhelming the health care system, right? Pushing for everyone to get a test, even those with mild symptoms and no risk factors, seems counter productive to that goal.

Testing isn't done in hospitals. That's not the issue.

Managing a scarce resource, test kits, is. We need the biggest bang for the buck so to speak. They need to relax the testing criteria in a science based manner. Let the experts figure it out, not the feds.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Seriously, because you can transmit it for a week without symptoms. It seriously seems like people knowing they are contagious before they have symptoms would help slow down the spread of the virus. Seriously seems like slowing down the spread of the virus should be a top priority.

Seriously.

And then you can transmit for 37 days on the backside, after the symptoms.

3-7 days on the front side, during the fever and then up to 37 days on the backside

16 minutes ago, mysfit said:

Testing isn't done in hospitals. That's not the issue.

Managing a scarce resource, test kits, is. We need the biggest bang for the buck so to speak. They need to relax the testing criteria in a science based manner. Let the experts figure it out, not the feds.

Fair enough. If this testing is beneficial, fine. However, in New York City and Colorado, health officials have already stated that the time for testing everybody has passed and social distancing should be priority. I understand other regions of the country may not be at that point yet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

Is outspoken not classy? I guess we define that differently. Bush has pretty much retreated completely from public life, which is totally his prerogative. No judgements there. But I think it's classier to get your hands dirty and use your position to do good in the world. No former president has made a more positive impact than Carter. (In fact, he's been a helluva lot better former president than he was a president.)

He has been a horse's ass, except for habitat for humanity.

• Facepalm 1
110926run_defense710.jpg

What an asshat

I know, I say what he says doesn't matter then I get pissed at something he says. I'm not perfect. This is a perfectly legitimate question. It is not nasty it did not save lives. I am assuming his answer takes a deflecting turn towards his brilliant, big beautiful move of shutting down travel to China. Which has zero to do with the legitimate, if uncomfortable, question. What a +++++ing child.

Marc Caputo(@MarcACaputo)

Q: What responsibility do you take for disbanding the White House pandemic office

Trump: “it's a nasty question ... we saved thousands of lives because of the quick closing. And when you say me, I didn't do it... I don't know anything about it...I don't know anything about it." pic.twitter.com/Mh7uCjGIjN

March 13, 2020

3 minutes ago, blind_squirrel54 said:

Fair enough. If this testing is beneficial, fine. However, in New York City and Colorado, health officials have already stated that the time for testing everybody has passed and social distancing should be priority. I understand other regions of the country are not at that point yet.

There is nothing which precludes both being done.

Thst said, I agree that social distancing is crucial, especially given the time lost with inadequate kits. I think it's a valid measure everywhere. So we don't have more New Rochelle and Kirklands.

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

hawaii has drive up flu testing.  if sick go see if regular flu. if negative for regular flu go home and self-isolate while test us sent in for covid-19 analysis