bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

3 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Or Delta v. Alaska

Delta v. JetBlue

etc. etc. 

The tribalism has always been rampant on that site in one fashion or another. 

Or elite well trained US pilots vs 3rd world monkeys

• Haha 1

One of the Final Five..........

5 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Johan Lundberg (the founder) sold it in 2004 for over a million Euros. Dude was driving a Ferrari after he sold it to Demand Media. Of course, everything went to shit when they took over too. 

You could try I guess, though. 

I’ll give him $4.50

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

All quote below

Delta Air Lines announced that due to the coronavirus, it is facing worse conditions and making deeper cuts than after the 9/11 terror attacks.  

“The speed of the demand fall-off is unlike anything we’ve seen – and we’ve seen a lot in our business,” CEO Ed Bastian wrote in a memo to employees that was obtained by CNN. 

The company will make an “overall capacity reduction in the next few months of 40 percent – the largest capacity reduction in Delta’s history, including 2001,” Bastian wrote. “The situation is fluid and likely to be getting worse.”

The airline will park up to 300 aircraft.

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

That's about $3.50 more than I'd pay for it at this point in time. It's even shittier than it used to be (if that's possible) since they stopped charging for membership. 

Yeah

Most of the quality posters moved out

• Like 1

More from the news feed

The World Health Organization is urging countries to act quickly and aggressively test to fight the novel coronavirus. 

Dr. Mike Ryan, executive director of health emergencies programme at the World Health Organization, recounted his past experience with Ebola outbreaks, with this advice:

"Be fast, have no regrets. You must be the first mover. The virus will always get you if you don’t move quickly.” 

Ryan said being prepared is paramount to keeping the virus at bay, adding, “If you need to be right before you move, you will never win.”  

“Speed trumps perfection. And the problem we have with society at the moment is everyone is afraid of making a mistake. Everyone is afraid of the consequence of error. But the greatest error is not to move. The greatest error is to be paralyzed by the fear of error,” Ryan warned.

7 minutes ago, mysfit said:

All quote below

Delta Air Lines announced that due to the coronavirus, it is facing worse conditions and making deeper cuts than after the 9/11 terror attacks.  

“The speed of the demand fall-off is unlike anything we’ve seen – and we’ve seen a lot in our business,” CEO Ed Bastian wrote in a memo to employees that was obtained by CNN. 

The company will make an “overall capacity reduction in the next few months of 40 percent – the largest capacity reduction in Delta’s history, including 2001,” Bastian wrote. “The situation is fluid and likely to be getting worse.”

The airline will park up to 300 aircraft.

Boeing execs be like

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611873adbb70899fed982

2 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

What little were left got totally ousted with that. That said, most of the best got purged when Demand Media went on a Nazi Power Trip a little over a decade ago. Must've been 2008 honestly, or 2007. I forget. Splintered off into a series of other boards, which were just as problematic. One in particular became an extremely partisan place that made the MWCBoard OT Forum look tame in comparison. I keep in touch with some of those people on Facebook still, though. 

I'm fascinated by the depth of the root cause analysis that goes on after accidents. There used to be really educational discussions around that.

Learning in order to make the industry safer is something we need more of in a lot of areas.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, THEUniversityofNevada said:

I don't envy anyone in government trying to get a handle on this. It's an epic crisis.

The states and local governments are mostly fending for themselves at this point.

What we really need from the feds are the tests. Lots and lots of them.

2 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Where the +++++ is Trump? 20 minutes late? Was he stuck in line at Costco?

Probably.  But these press conferences never start on time 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, mugtang said:

Probably.  But these press conferences never start on time 

Sure — but 20 minutes late?

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

I think we forget the context of infectious diseases in general. These reactions and overreactions will only delay the inevitable which is permanent establishment of a novel virus in the environment, just like SARs from China, MERS from the Middle East and H1N1 from Mexico. Is it worth collapsing the economy putting multiple millions of people out of work. Take this years flu which has been the worst season in my recent memory. There will be over 51 million people in the US that have been infected this year associated with 55 thousand deaths and 24 million hospital or physician visits already this year. And we're still in flu season. Most of which could have been prevented or severity decreased with vaccines. I was listening to a psychologist on TV just now and I completely agree that there is a pandemic of anxiety and not logic. This will happen again, maybe in a year or 2. And we will be unprepared again.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Sure — but 20 minutes late?

22 now