bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

2 hours ago, NVGiant said:

I think the peanut farmer who builds houses for the homeless, negotiates peace treaties, etc., has been pretty damn classy. W has been quiet even when his record is attacked, which is admirable, but finger-painting in Texas doesn't exactly measure up to Carter.

I disagree with you on that. Carter has been quite outspoken about many things and I consider him an activist now. I appreciate his work with Habitat for Humanity though and have donated.

• Like 2

Ok so texting with my brother who is a pilot for one of the big 3

Early Feb he had a flight out of Seattle. 3 days later aches and fever.

Thought it was just the flu, very little info at that point about the symptoms or that it was a hot spot. Upset there wasn't better info at the time.

So this is out there and has been for awhile.

One of the Final Five..........

18 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Is this another message board I should acquire?

LOL

Aviation sites. It's amazing how people always manage to find ways to make tribes and us vs them

For aviation it's A vs B

Airbus vs Boeing 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mysfit said:

LOL

Aviation sites. It's amazing how people always manage to find ways to make tribes and us vs them

For aviation it's A vs B

Airbus vs Boeing 

It it ain’t Boeing I ain’t going!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 4

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

10 minutes ago, mysfit said:

Thought it was just the flu, very little info at that point about the symptoms or that it was a hot spot. Upset there wasn't better info at the time.

And sooooo...  he had CV?  

v0icAvfW.jpg

15 minutes ago, mysfit said:

Why would it not have been the flu?

4 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

Why would it not have been the flu?

My brother has had lifelong sinus issues. With flu or colds he has sinus and throat issues. In this instance, nada.

And coming out of Seattle. Is that 100%? Of course not. But IMO the odds are very high.

Both kids are off at universities, wife has been in SA visiting her mom. So mo family to have spread it to.

I've wondered how the coronavirus got into that Kirkland nursing home. Seems like it probably came in through Seatac.

“The patented nanosilver we have, the Pentagon has come out and documented and Homeland Security has said this stuff kills the whole SARS-corona family at point-blank range,” Alex Jones said on his talk radio program Tuesday, HuffPost reported. The night before he was arrested for driving while intoxicated.

The “Super-Silver Whitening Toothpaste” has been discounted from $19.95 a tube to $9.95, “despite all the hell breaking loose,” Jones said.

If you think the people buying TP are dumb, what does that make Alex Jones' toothpaste buyers?

https://nypost.com/2020/03/11/alex-jones-peddling-toothpaste-he-claims-can-kill-coronavirus/

• Facepalm 1

But even if you're in Seattle right now, licking bus stops, your chance of contracting the flu would be higher than catching COVID, it seems like. Just because Seattle is a hotspot doesn't mean most people catch it. Could be, of course. 

2 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

Lol

• Haha 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I think this is fair:

• Like 3

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

11 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

But even if you're in Seattle right now, licking bus stops, your chance of contracting the flu would be higher than catching COVID, it seems like. Just because Seattle is a hotspot doesn't mean most people catch it. Could be, of course. 

I think your chances of catching it in Seattle are less than they were.

At some point it moved through Seatac and out towards Kirkland. The timing may have been right around when he was there.

This thing isn't static.