bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

3 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Honestly, Trump needs to be tested now. He’s been in contact with multiple people who have tested positive and the fact he hasn’t been tested yet is really phucking stupid.  He’s the President, test him now. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Has anybody heard a rumor about a quarantine in the Pacific Northwest?

Just the tweet from the Seattle newspaper

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

10 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Im back in the ER today with my ongoing health issues.  The big news though is overheard the staff talking.  Corona in Boise, folks.

Maybe, but if so, my extremely inside source hasn’t received that info yet. 

It has to happen sooner or later.

• Like 1

All my classes are being shifted to online. Good move but motherfuxker is it a lot of work. I’m going to be putting in way more hours “working from home” than I ever have teaching traditional classes. 

At least I’ll get to do most of it in my underwear. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Im back in the ER today with my ongoing health issues.  The big news though is overheard the staff talking.  Corona in Boise, folks.

Ouch on being in the ER

• Like 1

One of the Final Five..........

16 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Honestly, Trump needs to be tested now. He’s been in contact with multiple people who have tested positive and the fact he hasn’t been tested yet is really phucking stupid.  He’s the President, test him now. 

He's been tested. They're just not going to tell us.

8 minutes ago, toonkee said:

He's been tested. They're just not going to tell us.

Means he probably tested positive.  

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Bob said:

Let’s not go there.  Already deleted a bunch of other stuff earlier that spun out of control. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Nothing in the news about CV in Idaho.  I hope it gets here soon.

43 minutes ago, easybronc said:

Nothing in the news about CV in Idaho.  I hope it gets here soon.

It most likely IS here already.

But due to limited test kits, they are only testing people with symptoms who have traveled.

Without broad testing, we simply have no idea the extent.

One of the Final Five..........

17 minutes ago, mysfit said:

It most likely IS here already.

But due to limited test kits, they are only testing people with symptoms who have traveled.

Without broad testing, we simply have no idea the extent.

That's the same for Kern County here in California. We have confirmed cases to the south in LA and confirmed cases up north in Tulare and Fresno county, but none in Kern. I'm sure it's here already and it's infected people, but we don't have any broad testing. 

• Like 1

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

I heard about a case here in Oregon today: Student at a local school and his family present with symptoms consistent with COVID-19, including shortness of breath. They are self-quarantining, but they aren't considered positive because they haven't been tested. Per Oregon Health Authority, they will only be tested if there's imminent danger and hospitalization required. You know... when you don't really have to test anymore.

It's a +++++ing disgrace.

• Like 3

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-roche/united-states-approves-coronavirus-test-in-race-to-boost-screening-capacity-idUSKBN2100MB?il=0

ZURICH (Reuters) - The U.S. Food and Drug Administration issued emergency authorization for a coronavirus test made by Swiss diagnostics maker Roche (ROG.S), a move aimed at boosting screening capacity to help contain the growing epidemic.

The tests provide results in 3.5 hours and can produce up to 4,128 results in 24 hours, Roche said on Friday.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.