bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

It’s officially the apocalypse 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

47 minutes ago, retrofade said:

What the actual shit?

You're such a giant hack. Trump banned Chinese travel to the US very early, and it was you and your TDS media that called him racist for doing so. Joe Biden called him xenophobic for doing it. That's because the media thought it was a big overreaction and had no idea that it was going to get so political. So you can't have it both ways, pal. This isn't going to be a Katrina which is exactly what the left is trying to create. Just disgusting how pathetic you folks are. 

• Like 1

kat.jpg

3 minutes ago, BroncoOrange said:

Yes, it has been working for them. The country of South Korea could fit inside Southern Idaho and has a population of $51 million. Logistics of doing this is not the same. Large number of people in a very small area. We could do something similar here, but would take much longer to ramp up.

True, but even just doing it in the largest population centers might make a huge difference. The US is so clustered, a top down approach like in Korea, Germany or Italy isn't going to work here. It'll be up to the individual communities to bear most of the organizational burden. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sean327 said:

Time to turn off the phone then, or at least disable GPS .

Good luck with that. I've tried a few things, and it's actually pretty hard to go dark these days. You pretty much have to leave phones and a bunch of other devices at home. And even if you started doing it now, there's plenty of existing data that can be triangulated.

1 hour ago, sean327 said:

Yup, phuck the Constitution. No goddamnit!! Every phucking time we relinquish some of our civil liberties we never get them back. See the Patriot Act, FISA Courts, NSA Survailance Program. I do not want to see us go down that damn road again.

What I meant was I would prefer to see the actions on the state and local level, not federal.

I agree with all your points, we have relinquished far too much to the feds.

But to contain and minimize this, we need to take drastic action. When I say we, I mean local, not the freaking feds.

I apparently have this talent for trying to say something and having it come out wrong. I need to work on that.

• Like 1

One of the Final Five..........

1 hour ago, Warbow said:

Okay I’ve noticed a trend on the US maps of infected people. There are no known cases in states that don’t have a Air Force MAC hub. But the 2 most busiest MAC hubs on the West coast Travis AFB and McCord AFB (Washington) have the most cases on the West coast. 

I don’t think anyone has addressed the US military in foreign countries situations. I known there was a Army base in the same city in Korea’s epicenter. Japan also. Is the military screening military personnel returning from these countries? 

why has the president suspended all travel to Europe only? Seems the virus has effected more in Asian countries than European countries. Why not restrict travel to Japan and Korea also or has that already been done? seems to be a decision based on white versus Asian. 

Weil what do you know, the Feds have now put restrictions on the military for travel to the level 3 countries to include PCS, TDY and other temporary travel there. Who knew they read my post.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

This is the only guy who should be speaking for the federal government.  Put him in charge and everybody else should shut up. 

• Like 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, UNLV2001 said:

Testing is where we really dropped the ball.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

51 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

You're such a giant hack. Trump banned Chinese travel to the US very early, and it was you and your TDS media that called him racist for doing so. Joe Biden called him xenophobic for doing it. That's because the media thought it was a big overreaction and had no idea that it was going to get so political. So you can't have it both ways, pal. This isn't going to be a Katrina which is exactly what the left is trying to create. Just disgusting how pathetic you folks are. 

Banning travel and closing borders doesn’t stop the spread of the disease.  Readily available testing does.  Something the Dickhead in the White House resisted because of his political desires.   

• Like 1

Just now, UNLV2001 said:

This is the guy I trust.  If he says the European travel ban is good then I believe him.  But he’s right to call out our inability detect outbreaks.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mysfit said:

Now this is who should be in charge of this, IMO

3 hours ago, mysfit said:
  • Top federal health official Anthony Fauci told Congress this morning that the US is “failing” in its efforts to conduct adequate testing of the nation for coronavirus.

Way ahead of you mugtang. ;)

One of the Final Five..........