bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

58 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

I've been impressed with Pence at the daily WH press conferences, he's been solid and always defers to the experts

I hate to say this but his whole demeanor in the face of this crisis is making me wish he was the president.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

37 minutes ago, mysfit said:

Australia's stocks have cratered, down 7% with Quantas down 10.4%

Ouch....

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 hours ago, Stealthlobo said:

Stats, especially like this, don't always show the whole truth. Italy has less than 1/5 the population of the us. If u showed a "per capita" graph, the bars would be 1/5th the size for the US. Also Italy has a much higher geriatric population. It won't be as bad here as Italy, but definitely warrants concern and measures definitely need to be put in place.

I think the usefulness of the trend line here is that the US is in line with a first world European country as far as sheer numbers in the outbreak. Per capita is useful to show that relative to the size of the population those numbers are more dire for Italy. But does that inform as to the severity of the problem in the moment? Do we really want to wait until there are 18,000 Americans that have the disease before we take it as seriously as Italy did in shutting down the schools?

• Like 1

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, LoboMan59 said:

President Trump suspends all travel from Europe to the U.S. for next 30 days amid the growing coronavirus outbreak. The U.K. and Americans who have been screened will be exempt from the restrictions.

This makes zero sense to me. Maybe we just need more details, but I don't see what a selective suspension of flight from Europe will do other than tailspinning the economy further. And why is the UK exempt? It has close to 500 known cases, so it'll probably be at a similar level as many other European countries soon. And how are Americans exempt when the planes don't fly? Really scratching my head about this move...

• Like 1

One benefit to everybody being quarantined, more mwcboarding time!

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 hours ago, sandiegopete said:

Why not?  I just spent 11 minutes listening to Trump make a speech that was 90% self promotion.  Why is it that Trump can politicize any problem and nobody else can?

You’re free to do as you please and I won’t criticize anyone who feels differently. I just think it’s adding to the government paralysis right now.

Despite all our differences I will say you’re all very important to me, you’re essentially my online family.  I have faith we will all be ok through this and even if some of us get sick you will make it through.  Take care of your elderly friends and family, don’t expose them unnecessarily, listen to local, state and federal authorities.  Here pretty soon we will be back to arguing about MWC teams and how much you’re all going to suck in football this year.  All of you will be in my thoughts and prayers.  Please check in to the board so we don’t worry about you.  Even if it’s to tell me how stupid I am or you disagree with somebody.  Let’s hope for the best but prepare for the worst. But don’t buy 4 years worth of toilet paper.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 8

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

This makes zero sense to me. Maybe we just need more details, but I don't see what a selective suspension of flight from Europe will do other than tailspinning the economy further. And why is the UK exempt? It has close to 500 known cases, so it'll probably be at a similar level as many other European countries soon. And how are Americans exempt when the planes don't fly? Really scratching my head about this move...

I don't understand exempting the UK either. The UK has been reporting community transmission cases in the last couple of days.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mugtang said:

One benefit to everybody being quarantined, more mwcboarding time!

Dammit, should have you were going to come out the financial Victor as the DNC colluded with the ChiComs to boot Trump's ass out of the white house.

110926run_defense710.jpg