bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

2 hours ago, sean327 said:

clean your house

Woah, woah, woah, I thought you said don't panic? There is ZERO proof cleaning the house offers any protection from the virus. My house will remain a mess until Mike Pence says otherwise. :angry:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 6

9 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I fully expect to be working from home next week. 

Me too.  My HR sent out an email yesterday saying anyone who hasn't filled out the telework forms must do ASAP.

33 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I love that nobody is missing an opportunity to throw the other side under a bus right now.  Never let a good crisis go to waste!

Especially when you are president of the United States!  He... just... can't... help... himself...  Not even with people literally dying.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sean327 said:

It’s stupid. Brief enough?

Leave it to a Devil Dog to keep it short and sweet!  BTW, did you know this is what knife hands really means?

Image may contain: one or more people, possible text that says 'Remember: When you Point one finger at a Person in blame, there are 3 fingers pointing back atyou. That's Why "We" point like this! !! Cause it's All on You,... DumbAss!!'

• Haha 2

down in a hole.jpg

Statement from NM governor, who declared public health emergency today.

https://www.abqjournal.com/1430120/nm-has-three-confirmed-cases-of-coronavirus.html

She urged citizens to avoid public gatherings of all kinds, such as neighborhood association meetings and the state high school basketball tournament happening this week in the metro area.

“If you minimize contact with other human beings,” Lujan Grisham said, “you will help us contain this virus.”

But there is no need to cancel school or move to online-only classes yet, the governor said.

For state workers, Lujan Grisham said nonessential employees have been instructed to work from home, and she has halted out-of-state travel by state employees.

Other New Mexicans should consider avoiding travel outside the state, too, she said. They should also expect private companies to join the state in directing people to work from home if they can.

State response

The declaration of a public health emergency, Lujan Grisham said, gives her emergency powers and financial flexibility.

Just now, bsu_alum9 said:

Too bad no tournament games are in Boise.  We could at least pipe in some crowd noise.

No, we only have that for Bronco Stadium.

down in a hole.jpg

World Health Organization officially calling Covid 19 a pandemic. 

Image result for monty python bring out your dead gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.newsbreakapp.com/mp/0ONzinL2?cv=3.5.6.7144&platform=0&isFollow=0

Here’s a first hand account of somebody from Seattle. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

8 minutes ago, mugtang said:

https://www.newsbreakapp.com/mp/0ONzinL2?cv=3.5.6.7144&platform=0&isFollow=0

Here’s a first hand account of somebody from Seattle. 

Interesting. What's odd, though, is that her account conflicts with everything we've read so far about the incubation period. She says lots of people were sick only three days after the party.