bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

3 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Chill out, some at the top has to take "point".

Pence isn't moving to the laboratory, I'm sure he'll appoint and delegate to someone knowledgeable, and half of us will hate his choice.

I'm kind of looking forward to the picture of Pence touching the bio-hazard vial that says "DO NOT TOUCH!" :lol:

• Haha 6

6 hours ago, happycamper said:

Do you think the coronavirus is the reason or is it just an excuse for a correction?

Think it's the virus.

I think it's a lot more widespread in china than they are reporting.  Our window locks for one of our lines ran out of inventory yesterday (china sourced)  It's going to be at least two weeks before we can get new ones.  The plant builds 10,000 windows a month and now we have no locks.  The beauty of on time manufacturing with disparate suppliers.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Think it's the virus.

I think it's a lot more widespread in china than they are reporting.  Our window locks for one of our lines ran out of inventory yesterday (china sourced)  It's going to be at least two weeks before we can get new ones.  The plant builds 10,000 windows a week, and now we have no locks.  The beauty of on time manufacturing with disparate suppliers.

The supply chain for pharmaceutical components is being hit pretty hard. It may be difficult to get something as simple as pennicillin.

18 minutes ago, Rocket said:

Sorry if I missed but what's your fascination with this? Was the baby yoda part of the dark side of the force before turning to the light?

baby yoda is amazing

• Cheers 2

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Dow Jones down more than 1100.  California monitoring 8,400 people for coronavirus.  Many of those a probably people who came into contact with the Solano patient and who came into contact with people who had contact with the Solano patient.  As governor Newsom said earlier today, the state uses well developed protocols for dealing with contagious diseases.  

9 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Bernie's momentum is certainly playing a factor, as is Corona Virus which is playing a larger factor.

Actually the markets were happy with Bernie being the front runner.  They believed Trump was going to skull phuck him and the low tax low regulation environment would continue 

• Like 4

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

13 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Bernie's momentum is certainly playing a factor, as is Corona Virus which is playing a larger factor.

This coronavirus is a much more important story today than politics.  Why can't you clear your brain of your political leanings for 5 seconds?

Americans are going to die from this disease and all you seem to care about is how to blame the stock market drop on a Democratic candidate. 

3 minutes ago, sandiegopete said:

This coronavirus is a much more important story today than politics.  Why can't you clear your brain of your political leanings for 5 seconds?

Americans are going to die from this disease and all you seem to care about is how to blame the stock market drop on a Democratic candidate. 

Lol, just like the other scares over the years.  I am sure a few will die.  Doubt it will be a fraction of those killed by the flu this year.

6 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

Market down another 650. Ughhh

Short sellers be like:

giphy.gif

Finally....bitches!

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

21 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Lol, just like the other scares over the years.  I am sure a few will die.  Doubt it will be a fraction of those killed by the flu this year.

We'll see. One of these days health organizations won't be able to contain the spread of one of these scares. 

Not much any of us can do about it that, though. So live your life, I say.