bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

33 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Market down another 650. Ughhh

Do you think the coronavirus is the reason or is it just an excuse for a correction?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

54 minutes ago, westfan said:

Those stats on age are probably the same for the flu, the big difference is there is no vaccine yet. My concern is the new case found in Sacramento and the patient claims no travel and has no idea of how it was contracted, at least for right now. News says the case was found in Solano County, not Sacramento, Travis AFB is there, connection?

Flights from the far East come into Travis.  There could be Air Force personnel on those flights from South Korea and Japan who may have had exposure and not known it.  The odds are the patient is from Fairfield or nearby. 

8 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Do you think the coronavirus is the reason or is it just an excuse for a correction?

The global supply chains and travel are not likely to improve in the near future.  That means  significant negative global economic impact is likely.  That translates to investors moving their money to less volatile investments. 

• Like 2

Just now, WAC_FAN said:

Isn't this the time to buy buy buy?

I mean if your investment window is long enough, it is always time to buy buy buy

• Like 3

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

59 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Probably both.  

• Like 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

This is going to suck more than i originally thought.   I was setting up a 10 day trip to the Big Island in late march....had already been putting it off.

The wife doesnt want to sit on a plane with others now....and im sure we arent the only ones.

I am turning from optimist to pessimist quickly.

47 minutes ago, happycamper said:

I mean if your investment window is long enough, it is always time to buy buy buy

49 minutes ago, WAC_FAN said:

Isn't this the time to buy buy buy?

What happy said. We aren’t near the bottom yet if you’re looking to make the maximal quick buck.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

Corona Virus is certainly the reason and this is well understood, It is disrupting international commerce WAY more than the Tarrifs did. Why , what do you think is causing this? 

I think we are headed for a mild recession because of this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

It's rarely one thing, right? I think we were due for a correction, and the virus is sparking it. I also think the market is reacting to Bernie's ascendancy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jackrabbit said:

This is going to suck more than i originally thought.   I was setting up a 10 day trip to the Big Island in late march....had already been putting it off.

The wife doesnt want to sit on a plane with others now....and im sure we arent the only ones.

I am turning from optimist to pessimist quickly.

I'm going on my honeymoon to Hawaii in the first week of May. My fiancee and I are discussing the possibility of postponing when we meet with our travel agent next week. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

17 minutes ago, THEUniversityofNevada said:

If any of you were planning to give a gift to @mugtang...

A couple hundred of these would look GREAT in his man cave!

yoda.png

Yes Please GIF by memecandy

• Like 2

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

17 hours ago, mysfit said:

Oh for +++++s sake, wtf does Pence know about disease.

This is a job for professionals, as in scientists and doctors.

Chill out, someone at the top has to take "point".

Pence isn't moving to the laboratory, I'm sure he'll appoint and delegate to someone knowledgeable, and half of us will hate his choice.

• Like 3