Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

steveem

Spring Practice

12 hours ago, happycamper said:

This thread seems awful optimistic about there being football in the fall

I would be shocked if we’re not playing sports in June.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

6 hours ago, bornsilverandblue said:

I would be shocked if we’re not playing sports in June.

I hope you are correct. Do you believe there will fans in person at the games or just on TV? I have no idea if large crowds will be allowed at events like MLB or golf tournaments assuming sports are played in June.

23 minutes ago, westfan said:

I hope you are correct. Do you believe there will fans in person at the games or just on TV? I have no idea if large crowds will be allowed at events like MLB or golf tournaments assuming sports are played in June.

I hope they play with zero fans if possible

.  I'll have to get MLB TV again just for something to watch.  

2 hours ago, westfan said:

Yes.  I think the virus will have run its course by then.  Keep in mind: as far as we know, there are no new cases in China for like a week now, and even the Wuhan province is getting back to work.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

27 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Not if they win.

If they won 10 games a year raider stadium would still be 2/3 empty every home game.  Suds has a bigger fan base and their nfl stadium was at best half full during their best years. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

53 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Not if they win.

1) They won't

2) It won't matter. It will still be 2/3 empty at best

3) Vegas is turning more and more into a pro sports town. UNLV is going to keep getting pushed further and further to the back pages