Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

steveem

Spring Practice

When does your's begin and what positions challenges are there. With SDSU it starts with the Oline.:pullhair:  Replacing Tezino at Mike linebacker, finding another CB mos likely the CB from Long Beach CC. finding another QB other than Carson Baker who looks OK ( A transfer not named Sears will come in Summer) SDSU starts March 2 Of curse there is the new coaches at several schools. Brady has made it clear that he well go with wherever the talent is on offense run or pass. The Offensive line was much better at pass blocking so maybe we will open it up a lot.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

Haven't seen an official calendar, but Boise's is likely to start March 9th. They will have pro day on April 2nd and the spring game is scheduled to be on April 11th.

Only question marks are offensive and defensive lines and quarterback depth.  Last I heard Chase Cord is going to miss spring ball again.  So Boise only has Hank and walk-on R-So Zach Matlock as quarterbacks for the spring.  I heard a rumor of local walk-on Andy Peters (Timberline) perhaps going to join early, but that wasn't true.  

20 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Haven't seen an official calendar, but Boise's is likely to start March 9th. They will have pro day on April 2nd and the spring game is scheduled to be on April 11th.

Only question marks are offensive and defensive lines and quarterback depth.  Last I heard Chase Cord is going to miss spring ball again.  So Boise only has Hank and walk-on R-So Zach Matlock as quarterbacks for the spring.  I heard a rumor of local walk-on Andy Peters (Timberline) perhaps going to join early, but that wasn't true.  

Big concerns IMO and will have a huge bearing on how good the Bronco team will be next year. Good to see Hank will get a lot of reps in the spring. I’m interested to see who starts on the lines and how they do, although going against each other won’t prove much. Any defensive player that does more than touch Hank will probably get kicked off the team. Lol

23 hours ago, steveem said:

When does your's begin and what positions challenges are there. With SDSU it starts with the Oline.:pullhair:  Replacing Tezino at Mike linebacker, finding another CB mos likely the CB from Long Beach CC. finding another QB other than Carson Baker who looks OK ( A transfer not named Sears will come in Summer) SDSU starts March 2 Of curse there is the new coaches at several schools. Brady has made it clear that he well go with wherever the talent is on offense run or pass. The Offensive line was much better at pass blocking so maybe we will open it up a lot.

But, they also have a boatload of talent returning as well. Probably more than any team in the league.

WR: check

RB: Lost JW, but there is a lot behind him. Chase Jasmine is looking more and more like a very good pass catcher.

O-line. Lost a couple of All MW guys, but we will be okay. 

QB: I feel better about Carson Baker than I did Agnew. That throw he made against BY-who was reflective of what he is capable of.

On the D side, losing Tezino and Barcoo will really hurt. But, the D-line and secondaey will be nails. Lots of Juniors and Seniors coming back.

We win the division and possibly the CCG barring injury issues.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 2/25/2020 at 1:56 PM, Spaztecs said:

But, they also have a boatload of talent returning as well. Probably more than any team in the league.

WR: check

RB: Lost JW, but there is a lot behind him. Chase Jasmine is looking more and more like a very good pass catcher.

O-line. Lost a couple of All MW guys, but we will be okay. 

QB: I feel better about Carson Baker than I did Agnew. That throw he made against BY-who was reflective of what he is capable of.

On the D side, losing Tezino and Barcoo will really hurt. But, the D-line and secondaey will be nails. Lots of Juniors and Seniors coming back.

We win the division and possibly the CCG barring injury issues.

LMAO.  No.

For Wyoming, I think the biggest loss will be 3 defensive coaches including replacing the DC for the 2nd time in 2 straight years.  I know that Bohl has a big hand in the defense, but the loss of continuity of replacing 3 coaches on the same side of the ball hurts.  

For the players:

QB--Chambers will return from injury but I'm curious to see what happens here.  His throwing is not good and really, really limits the offense.  He has racked up quite a few wins as starter, but I think he limits the ceiling of the team.  The offense needs more balance, plus he has been hurt 2 years out of 2.  Hard to build an offense around one guy so much and keep him healthy.  Levi Williams should get a long look at starter hopefully.  I also wouldn't be surprised to see both of them take snaps.  Chambers is a guy you have to get on the field somehow. 

RB--Titus Swen returns and I am really excited to see what he can do.  Xazavian Valladay who was the leading rusher last year also returns.  These two could be a great 1-2 punch and this is probably Wyoming's best position.  Trey Smith also returns from injury and provides good depth.

OL--All five starters return.  Getting Abojei healthy will be key.  Dude is a beast.  Cryder at center is also very good.  Gavin Rush also returns after missing the last two years with injuries.  He is talented, but can he stay healthy?  Fingers crossed, but not counting on him.  This should be an area of strength though.  

WR--I think the Pokes are losing almost every WR that played significant snaps last year.  Conway, Ismail JR, and Okwali.  Eberhardt, Gentry, and Crow are all back though and saw some snaps last year.  The WRs have performed poorly for years though.  I'm not sure if any of those guys are a big loss if others can finally step up.  There are a pair of redshirt WRs from Texas that intrigue me this year.  Nayor and Welch are each 6'3.  I also hope that maybe some of the true freshman can get some PT as well.  This position has been a wasteland in recent years and that needs to change.  Need some game changers here.  It would also help if the QBs could get the balls out to these guys as well.  

TE--Wyoming loses Josh Harshman who was the 3rd leading receiver on the team.  Jackson Marcotte should take over and do well though.  Nate Weinman will also factor into the 2 deep.

I'll do the defense when I get a little more time.  Wyoming returns 5 starters but loses two very experienced LBs that will really hurt.  

San Jose State begins Spring Practice on Monday, March 2nd, and concludes on Saturday March 28th with the Spring Game. There are a couple of Friday night scrimmages scheduled in the stadium, a coaching clinic, and Pro-Day events scheduled around the Spring drills. All practices are open to the public, and fans are encouraged to attend.

Champ Logo.jpg

13 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

LMAO.  No.

F.E.C.K.   YES

Americans Mayor

As a Team, this is the deepest and possibly most talented team in decades. Hokomainia Lives!

58 minutes ago, Rev McQuervo said:

As a Team, this is the deepest and possibly most talented team in decades. Hokomainia Lives!

It's not Hokey Pokey mania ?

Americans Mayor

On 2/28/2020 at 8:35 PM, Spaztecs said:

F.E.C.K.   YES

You waste your time here trying to share info or opinions with the bronco Billy’s. They are so envious of sdsu’s Program it turns their blue to red. At least the Wyo dude lends something interesting as above. Ever read anything intelligent from the Billy’s? 

2 hours ago, Aztecfan1 said:

You waste your time here trying to share info or opinions with the bronco Billy’s. They are so envious of sdsu’s Program it turns their blue to red. At least the Wyo dude lends something interesting as above. Ever read anything intelligent from the Billy’s? 

All I ever hear from Blase State fans is their superior attitude. With stats and charts to lend creedence to their superiority.

Americans Mayor