Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fbpack

It's been confirmed Jalen Harris best in MWC

Not so fast there Quikdraw.

The MW writers just named Malachi Flynn the award by a 9-2 margin over the pre-designated PoY.

Brian Dutcher is the unanimous CoY.

Damn it's good to be an Aztec !

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/aztecs/story/2020-03-02/sdsu-aztecs-basketball-malachi-flynn-brian-dutcher-mountain-west-postseason-media-awards

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 2/24/2020 at 1:25 AM, Nevada Convert said:

Glad he’s only a junior. 

Doesn't mean he won't be gone. He'll be checking the roster and looking for opportunities to get paid.  G-league or a chance at a 4th place finish in the MWC? 

He sat a year. Will he graduate this year?

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

15 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Doesn't mean he won't be gone. He'll be checking the roster and looking for opportunities to get paid.  G-league or a chance at a 4th place finish in the MWC? 

Not sure about graduating or not. But yeah he'll be testing the waters at least for sure. Definitely some risk/reward to staying if the scouts don't see him as a likely first rounder. Worked out for Hutchison, maybe less so for Queta though?

8k3esKz.png

14 minutes ago, Chrysis said:

Not sure about graduating or not. But yeah he'll be testing the waters at least for sure. Definitely some risk/reward to staying if the scouts don't see him as a likely first rounder. Worked out for Hutchison, maybe less so for Queta though?

Both Jalen and Flynn will declare, and they should. Both if given a 2nd round grade at minimum should go. I’m not going to rehash this as in-depth as I did before, but bottomline the “only go if you’re a 1st rounder for sure” is no longe true. Almost ALL second round picks get guaranteed deals now. This is due to expanded roster. Last year is a great example. Cody Martin went early in 2nd round AND Jalen McDaniels very late. Both got guaranteed deals. Jalens is a the test case of why you go. He was like the 59th pick and then didn’t play in summer league or basically any of preseason and still got the deal.

45 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

Not so fast there Quikdraw.

The MW writers just named Malachi Flynn the award by a 9-2 margin over the pre-designated PoY.

Brian Dutcher is the unanimous CoY.

Damn it's good to be an Aztec !

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/aztecs/story/2020-03-02/sdsu-aztecs-basketball-malachi-flynn-brian-dutcher-mountain-west-postseason-media-awards

He’s also the unanimous CoY (Cocky-dude of the Year).

kat.jpg

2 hours ago, Jaredcg said:

I’m not going to rehash this as in-depth as I did before, but bottomline the “only go if you’re a 1st rounder for sure” is no longe true.

You can make $100k or more per year in Europe if you don’t make it, too. Jimmer is in the millions overseas where he doesn’t need to play defense.

4 hours ago, Jaredcg said:

Both Jalen and Flynn will declare, and they should. Both if given a 2nd round grade at minimum should go. I’m not going to rehash this as in-depth as I did before, but bottomline the “only go if you’re a 1st rounder for sure” is no longe true. Almost ALL second round picks get guaranteed deals now. This is due to expanded roster. Last year is a great example. Cody Martin went early in 2nd round AND Jalen McDaniels very late. Both got guaranteed deals. Jalens is a the test case of why you go. He was like the 59th pick and then didn’t play in summer league or basically any of preseason and still got the deal.

I've heard a sports talk radio host for the GS Warriors say this year's draft is guard heavy.  I think that means Harris and Flynn will have a lot of competition in the draft if they decide to go that route.  Flynn will benefit more since he can showcase in the NCAA tourney.  

FYI the Warriors need a big and the only good one they're focusing on is that center James Wiseman, the guy who quit the Memphis team.

1 hour ago, aztech said:

I've heard a sports talk radio host for the GS Warriors say this year's draft is guard heavy.  I think that means Harris and Flynn will have a lot of competition in the draft if they decide to go that route.  Flynn will benefit more since he can showcase in the NCAA tourney.  

FYI the Warriors need a big and the only good one they're focusing on is that center James Wiseman, the guy who quit the Memphis team.

Damn I almost forgot about Wiseman, seems like forever now since that all went down and him leaving. 

8k3esKz.png

8 hours ago, aztech said:

As long as they get a 2nd round draft grade they should go. IF because it’s guard heavy and they don’t get that 2nd round minimum grade the yeah comeback.

16 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

Many of his credits from LaTech didn't transfer. He is not on track.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

Both Malachi and Jalen Harris aren’t the type of players that stock go up by coming back. If they want to come back just because they prefer SDSU/Nevada to being drafted in the 2nd round this year, they should do that. But either being a first rounder by coming back to school one more year is very unlikely. Both players deficiencies aren’t going away (though Harris could improve some defensively). Problem with both is the physical/athleticism questions 

16 hours ago, aztech said:

I don't think he really quit the team. 

1 hour ago, sdsuphilip4 said:

Both Malachi and Jalen Harris aren’t the type of players that stock go up by coming back. If they want to come back just because they prefer SDSU/Nevada to being drafted in the 2nd round this year, they should do that. But either being a first rounder by coming back to school one more year is very unlikely. Both players deficiencies aren’t going away (though Harris could improve some defensively). Problem with both is the physical/athleticism questions 

There might be some upside for Harris to return. He’s not on anyone’s mock draft boards and is relatively unknown. He will likely get early season buzz next year and should move up. I haven’t heard anyone not rave about his athleticism, it was a knock on him in HS. He’ll get to show off if he gets invited to the combine. That said, next year’s team will be young and might not have the same type of statistical year as the point guard. Flynn on the other hand already has National Player of the year mentions and his stock won’t be higher than now. If he has a couple of good tournament games. No brainer.

9 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

Flynn on the other hand already has National Player of the year mentions and his stock won’t be higher than now. If he has a couple of good tournament games. No brainer.

It’s very similar to Caleb Martin’s junior season. All American, award candidates for SG/SF (can remember which one). He should have stayed in the draft that year. Was going to be very hard to duplicate that year.