Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An Admirer from the East

Will "Greater Idaho" help BSU to the PAC

Will fail for a bunch of reasons.

One of those reasons is not that my buddy in Boise mentioned today that he was on board until NOCAL decided to try and join.  Not the reason it will fail, but the reason he'll vote no.

I don't like the term "Greater Idaho" because it's redundant. Kind of like saying "Bestest Bestest." That's why I prefer:

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Will never happen because of this part in the US Constitution:

Article IV, Section 3, Clause 1:

New States may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but no new State shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction of any other State; nor any State be formed by the Junction of two or more States, or Parts of States, without the Consent of the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the Congress.

31 minutes ago, OLDMAN said:

Will never happen because of this part in the US Constitution:

Article IV, Section 3, Clause 1:

New States may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but no new State shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction of any other State; nor any State be formed by the Junction of two or more States, or Parts of States, without the Consent of the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the Congress.

It’s not unconstitutional.  It’s only unconstitutional if the state is entirely within another state.

58 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

It’s not unconstitutional.  It’s only unconstitutional if the state is entirely within another state.

As long as there's both State legislative and Congressional consent, it's all Constitutional.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

14 hours ago, An Admirer from the East said:

An effort is underway for Eastern Oregon, SW Oregon and parts of Northern California to be part of Idaho. This surely is the ticket for Boise to get in the PAC 12 :)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/greater-idaho-rural-conservatives-in-oregon-look-to-join-idaho/ar-BB108ehP

BB108abt.img.jpg

Geo-socio-politically it makes sense. A red state version of Ecotopia. (Washington/Oregon/Cali)

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

I'm up for it, but let's take care of another historical oddity and reconstitute Utah as nearly was.  Let's return:

Uinta Co, Wyoming (yes, we'd like Evanston back);

Oneida, Franklin, Bear Lake, Bonneville, Bingham, Caribou, Bannock, Jefferson, Madison, Teton, Fremont, and Clark Cos, Idaho (Boazy has nothing at all in common with the Mormon Corridor, after all) ;

Northern Mohave, Navajo, and Coconino Cos, North of the Rivers, Arizona (with Southeastern Utah, South of the River returning to Arizona) (Snowflake?  Flagstaff?  the I-15 corridor? they're all Utah anyway;

Colorado west of the Continental Divide;

All of Nevada (you know we'd run things better than the crooks presently running the state); and

San Bernadino, San Diego, Riverside, and Imperial Cos, California (no great losses here  ...  other than La Jolla, maybe, and you keep most of the decent beaches and Orange Co)

to the Utah nest.  

It makes as much sense as the alleged pan-Idaho movement, and actually has an historical hook.

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

4 minutes ago, godogsgo said:

well suggest something useful then because neither does colorado

Boulder and FoCo have a lot of similarities. FoCo fits perfectly in Colorado. They even have that snooty Colorado pretentiousness 

1 hour ago, USU78 said:

I'm up for it, but let's take care of another historical oddity and reconstitute Utah as nearly was.  Let's return:

Uinta Co, Wyoming (yes, we'd like Evanston back);

Oneida, Franklin, Bear Lake, Bonneville, Bingham, Caribou, Bannock, Jefferson, Madison, Teton, Fremont, and Clark Cos, Idaho (Boazy has nothing at all in common with the Mormon Corridor, after all) ;

Northern Mohave, Navajo, and Coconino Cos, North of the Rivers, Arizona (with Southeastern Utah, South of the River returning to Arizona) (Snowflake?  Flagstaff?  the I-15 corridor? they're all Utah anyway;

Colorado west of the Continental Divide;

All of Nevada (you know we'd run things better than the crooks presently running the state); and

San Bernadino, San Diego, Riverside, and Imperial Cos, California (no great losses here  ...  other than La Jolla, maybe, and you keep most of the decent beaches and Orange Co)

to the Utah nest.  

It makes as much sense as the alleged pan-Idaho movement, and actually has an historical hook.

No county would vote to join Utah. And only sadist Utahans would vote to expand that state.

Just look at all the Utahans coming to Malad to buy their lottery tickets. Do they want a longer road trip or what?

One thing that would give Oregonians/Californians pause is Idaho's ridiculous marijuana laws. They haven't even legalized hemp after the federal government legalized it two years ago.

The legislature is looking at it now, but they suspect that hemp laws are a gateway.

20 minutes ago, CV147 said:

One thing that would give Oregonians/Californians pause is Idaho's ridiculous marijuana laws. They haven't even legalized hemp after the federal government legalized it two years ago.

The legislature is looking at it now, but they suspect that hemp laws are a gateway.

I love everything about Idaho except for some of the dumb+++++ery legislation by the state government. Trying not to get too political on the sports forum but this is a sore subject for me.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg