Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

I voted! Have you?

Guest #1Stunner
6 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I voted in the Democratic primary a few minutes ago. I'm an unaffiliated voter, but I have the option to vote in either the Democratic, Republican, or Libertarian primary here in North Carolina.

I'm also an Indy.

Did you vote for Mayor Pete? 

Man, that guy says a lot of nothing... Platitude Pete.  Quotes Scripture more than even the Republicans (seems like a gimmick).

I really hope he doesn't win North Carolina.  He's got a lot of momentum.

Just now, #1Stunner said:

I'm also an Indy.

Did you vote for Mayor Pete? 

Man, that guy says a lot of nothing... Platitude Pete.  Quotes Scripture more than even the Republicans (seems like a gimmick).

I really hope he doesn't win North Carolina.  He's got a lot of momentum.

I didn't vote for Mayo/Platitude Pete. I can't stand that guy.

I voted for Klobuchar, who was my #2 choice from the get go. Regardless of what people try to claim about me, I'm rather moderate politically, and of the available candidates, she fit my belief system the closest. 

Just now, East Coast Aztec said:

I would not doubt if this is actually happening.

And no, I cannot vote for any of those candidates.  I honestly may sit the Presidential elections out as well.

I'm not going to lie... I'd laugh my ass off if Republicans found a way to make Bernie the candidate, and then ended up losing to him. 

Guest #1Stunner
4 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I didn't vote for Mayo/Platitude Pete. I can't stand that guy.

I voted for Klobuchar, who was my #2 choice from the get go. Regardless of what people try to claim about me, I'm rather moderate politically, and of the available candidates, she fit my belief system the closest. 

Mayor Pete's candidacy / viability was almost entirely created by the liberal media, who wanted to see a viable gay candidate.  But the fact is, Pete has a poor resume (only experience is Mayor of a small, failing city).  He's also Mr. Platitude / Non-answer.

I heard an interview from Tulsi Gabbard, complaing that CNN /MSNBC had given Pete a combined total of 11 prime time Town Halls during this primary, while she only got 1.  It's been huge for his candidacy.   I'm sure it was a similar story for other candidates.  Pete got pushed by the media, while quality candidates like Klobuchar got nothing.

The Media's side-taking has backfired and hurt the Democrats.

3 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Mayor Pete's candidacy / viability was almost entirely created by the liberal media, who wanted to see a viable gay candidate.  But the fact is, Pete has a poor resume (only experience is Mayor of a small, failing city).  He's also Mr. Platitude / Non-answer.

I heard an interview from Tulsi Gabbard, complaing that CNN /MSNBC had given Pete a combined total of 11 prime time Town Halls during this primary, while she only got 1.  It's been huge for his candidacy.   I'm sure it was a similar story for other candidates.  Pete got pushed by the media, while quality candidates like Klobuchar got nothing.

The Media's side-taking has backfired and hurt the Democrats.

The unfortunate thing about the Democratic primary is that there was a media shadow primary that took place at the same time. They decided on the candidates that they wanted to move on, and they did their damndest to +++++ over the ones that they didn't want any part of and/or who didn't play their games. 

5 minutes ago, Bob said:

There's like a .00002% chance of Bernie winning the presidency 

I dthink the odds are relatively hhigher than that... especially when you consider the Obama-Trump voters. That all being said, I don't think he stands a great chance, but I'd still laugh my ass off if he found a way to win.

6 minutes ago, Bob said:

There's like a .00002% chance of Bernie winning the presidency 

People said the same thing about Trump. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

4 minutes ago, retrofade said:

The unfortunate thing about the Democratic primary is that there was a media shadow primary that took place at the same time. They decided on the candidates that they wanted to move on, and they did their damndest to +++++ over the ones that they didn't want any part of and/or who didn't play their games. 

Well at least this time they didn’t give $2 billion in free media to their preferred candidate. So it’s gotten slightly better.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 minutes ago, Bob said:

A highly successful real estate mogul and business man? :shrug:

A long serving senator and congressman that nearly won the nomination of one of the two major parties last time? :shrug:

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

8 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Well at least this time they didn’t give $2 billion in free media to their preferred candidate. So it’s gotten slightly better.

We're still early in the game... they could still give Trump even more free media than they gave to him in 2015/2016.

Just now, retrofade said:

We're still early in the game... they could still give Trump even more free media than they gave to him in 2015/2016.

Well he is the President, so what he’s doing is at least justifiably newsworthy. I doubt we’ll be seeing empty podiums for thirty minutes at a time.

10 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

A long serving senator and congressman that nearly won the nomination of one of the two major parties last time? :shrug:

I knew that you were a Bernie Bro at heart. ;)