Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gator 82

Bryce Hamilton?

Question for the board on what the consensus is on Bryce Hamilton’s chances of winning MWC POY or making 1st team All Conference. He’s currently averaging 22 ppg in conference play and 15 ppg for the season. Personally I think POY goes to Flynn from SDSU, but Bryce should be a lock for 1st team All Conference and a serious contender for POY next year if he continues the kind of play we’ve seen so far.

I really have no idea who will be on the first team.  Hamilton is certainly having a great season but it seems to be pretty rare that the league has sophomores on the first team.  It is only 5 guys so fans of lots of really good players will be disappointed.

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

Zero chance of MWPOTY. Harris is averaging 25 ppg on a better team... and he won't win it either

I think Harris' only chance is the Media POY.

Kind of the consolation prize that Chandler Hutchinson won a couple of years ago when Caleb Martin was the MWC POY.

Ask @halfmanhalfbronco he's an expert on the subject

1 minute ago, renoskier said:

Kind of the consolation prize that Chandler Hutchinson won a couple of years ago when Caleb Martin was the MWC POY.

That's a perfect example of the weight they put on where you finish. Hutch had better stats across the board over Caleb and Boise finished in 2nd place.

Malachi is up for multiple national POTY awards

3 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

That's a perfect example of the weight they put on where you finish. Hutch had better stats across the board over Caleb and Boise finished in 2nd place.

Malachi is up for multiple national POTY awards

Right. Referring to the other thread, this is why Chris Murray says Flynn will absolutely be the coaches choice for MWC POTY but as of right now, he's going to vote for Harris in the media poll. Pretty much the same situation as a couple of years ago.

2 hours ago, qwelish said:

Not many UNLV fans chiming in because not long ago, there was a discussion about the top 3 players for UNLV. I believe I was the only person to even have him on my list at all. If not maybe one other person. 

They also all got upset when I said he should have been starting or at least playing major minutes last season.

Bryce is a clear cut NBA player, but not mwpoy. Id give that to Harris or Flynn. 

Once again, touting what a genius you are.   Big surprise there.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

Hamilton is absolutely one of the top 5 players in the conference.  But he probably wont get 1st team.  Im sure SDSU will get at least 2 players on the 1st team. 

And somehow Flynn will get POTY...even though he had less responsibility because he was playing with 4 other all conference players.

3 hours ago, renoskier said:

That is kind of the point.  Hutch was better across the board than Caleb and it was not particularly close either.  Hutch was better in every offensive category and light years better on defense, yet a short, stubby armed kid who could not carry his water bottle won the coaches award over him due 100% to being on a better team.

1 hour ago, ImHere4This said:

Hamilton is absolutely one of the top 5 players in the conference.  But he probably wont get 1st team.  Im sure SDSU will get at least 2 players on the 1st team. 

And somehow Flynn will get POTY...even though he had less responsibility because he was playing with 4 other all conference players.

Again, sounds like the year Caleb beat Hutch.  Only difference was anybody with eyes could tell Hutchison was several notches better than Caleb.  The same is not true in this case.

12 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Again, sounds like the year Caleb beat Hutch.  Only difference was anybody with eyes could tell Hutchison was several notches better than Caleb.  The same is not true in this case.

Several notches? In the head to head, when Hutch had a chance to beat Nevada and pull the upset he fell flat missing several shots down the streatch. He was not clutch. That's what cost him the award.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

11 minutes ago, battle.borne said:

Several notches? In the head to head, when Hutch had a chance to beat Nevada and pull the upset he fell flat missing several shots down the streatch. He was not clutch. That's what cost him the award.

Easier to be "clutch" when you are on a team where your top 8 players were all better then the other teams second best player.

Hutch, over the course of a season, was better in every offensive category, defensive category, and could guard all 5 positions on defense.  There was 0 doubt who the better player was.