Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lobonado

Fire Weir!

That was painful watching Alford and Neal walk into the Pit and completely outclassing Weir. Lobo fans are sick of zero discipline, zero defense, and hero ball offense. A change is needed in Loboland. Hopefully we can find the cash to buy him out...  

Lobo fans definitely deserve better. Between the off the court issues and poor product it will be interesting to see if he gets one more year.

The question is are there any good candidates out there? UNM needs a proven winner.

2 hours ago, Lobonado said:

That was painful watching Alford and Neal walk into the Pit and completely outclassing Weir. Lobo fans are sick of zero discipline, zero defense, and hero ball offense. A change is needed in Loboland. Hopefully we can find the cash to buy him out...  

I don't think the admin will pull the trigger. Yet.

I grew up watching Lobos games on TV and have since remained an avid fan but this year I don't even care to catch a game. I have lost complete interest in Lobo BB. I can't stand to watch undisciplined play. It's like this team lacks the basic fundamentals. 

I think they give him one more year since he did sign a pretty decent recruiting class of incoming freshman and not transfers. Personally I think UNM needs a better coach, someone proven. Yes it will cost $ to do so but a winner will fill the Pit easily every game night.

20 hours ago, Lobo Amor said:

I grew up watching Lobos games on TV and have since remained an avid fan but this year I don't even care to catch a game. I have lost complete interest in Lobo BB. I can't stand to watch undisciplined play. It's like this team lacks the basic fundamentals. 

I think they give him one more year since he did sign a pretty decent recruiting class of incoming freshman and not transfers. Personally I think UNM needs a better coach, someone proven. Yes it will cost $ to do so but a winner will fill the Pit easily every game night.

Paul Weir need to find his "Craig Neal' Stat! I thought he had brought in some good assistant coaches after coach Harriman left for Cal, but I don't see any defensive improvement in the team since he left. We need a coaching staff that can coach the fundamentals of basketball... seems alot of players on this team, didn't get that kind of training?

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

1 hour ago, NMpackalum said:

Belein is available. You want defense and fundamentals.

A little old in the tooth, but it worked for SDSU with Fisher. The Big Ten always seems to have a good group of coaches. Maybe a Midwest coach is the way to go. Alford was great at UNM. UNLV is trying it. 

46 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

A little old in the tooth, but it worked for SDSU with Fisher. The Big Ten always seems to have a good group of coaches. Maybe a Midwest coach is the way to go. Alford was great at UNM. UNLV is trying it. 

UNLV could be the sleeper of the MWCT this year! They're playing some good ball at the right time. 

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

3 hours ago, NMpackalum said:

Belein is available. You want defense and fundamentals.

From an espn article I read, about his resignation...

Beilein, 67, struggled to connect with NBA players and was never able to implement his collegiate offense into the pro game. The plight of some previous coaches who made the leap to the NBA also befell Beilein: players quickly tuning him out with his penchant for screaming, and believing that Beilein was treating them as young, college athletes, not as professionals.”

Also read a tweet about how his players didn't like that he was always having them run “basic fundamental basketball” drills, passing and dribbling, in practice.