JuwanHWolv

JuwanHWolv‘s Combined Mega Thread On Everything

12 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I’m afraid you won’t get an accurate answer in this thread; the people talking about it are adding numbers that don’t exist in the actual wording of the deal.  The official wording I’ve read just talks about preference for Boise as it relates to channel/network slots, there isn’t mention of additional money.  Each team will get a little under 4m/year.  If someone would like to link where it states extra money I would appreciate it because I don’t see it in the release.  Boise isn’t on espn anymore so they don’t get the 1.8 right? Why would any school agree to give some of their share to Boise? It just doesn’t add up.

Craig Thompson specifically said that Boise would get the extra share.  Page 4 and 5 of the transcript.

https://themw.com/documents/2020/1/9//MW_Media_Rights_Agreements_Teleconference_Transcript.pdf

Boise got more money to "rejoin" the MW.  Applies to this deal, but probably not the next deal.

• Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I’m afraid you won’t get an accurate answer in this thread; the people talking about it are adding numbers that don’t exist in the actual wording of the deal.  The official wording I’ve read just talks about preference for Boise as it relates to channel/network slots, there isn’t mention of additional money.  Each team will get a little under 4m/year.  If someone would like to link where it states extra money I would appreciate it because I don’t see it in the release.  Boise isn’t on espn anymore so they don’t get the 1.8 right? Why would any school agree to give some of their share to Boise? It just doesn’t add up.

Nowhere in the Boise contract does it stipulate that Boise must be with ESPN.  Boise will be getting right around 6 mil a year,  Their set up completely shits on your schools.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Nowhere in the Boise contract does it stipulate that Boise must be with ESPN.  Boise will be getting right around 6 mil a year,  Their set up completely shits on the AAC's 12 year streaming rights deal.

Still peanuts compared to the P5s. If we got their money, the east side stadium renovation would start immediately. 

Just now, soupslam1 said:

Still peanuts compared to the P5s. 

But better then what the P6 signed.

26 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Still peanuts compared to the P5s. If we got their money, the east side stadium renovation would start immediately. 

It could start immediately, but Wyoming fans would sorely be disappointed as it doesn’t include a pedestrian bridge to their highest Yelp rated restaurant.  

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

It could start immediately, but Wyoming fans would sorely be disappointed as it doesn’t include a pedestrian bridge to their highest Yelp rated restaurant.  

Chili’s? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Still believe your own lies? You do know this is posted everywhere right? This is the numbers:

Deal is for six years SPLIT WITH CBS AND FOX

3.8 for the MWC 10

2.5 for Hawaii plus 1.3 million to equal the MWC 10's total cash payout. Then you minus 20% of that for being football only giving Hawaii just over 3.5 million a year.

Boise gets the extra 1.8 million giving  them 5.6 million a year.

One thing that has not been reported was a small fraction of basketball games will still be on ESPN.

Thr MWC keeps their third tier rights (Just like I said.) Boise only has them for Olympic sports. This will benefit some more than others however Hair made it sound like they are selling them together. NFL Network is interested.

Hawaii negotiations with Spectrum starts in July. They could make more raising the conference total even more.

The MWC still has a lot of games they can negotiate with. Probably be more about exposure than money so ESPN+, Stadium, and CBS sports streaming service are all bidders.

No one is leaving to join the AAC. When this is all said and done the MWC 10 should be at $4.5 easily. Boise should be at or around $6. Hopefully Hawaii gets a big raise for their PPV contract giving us an even bigger raise.

Read it yourself.

https://docs.google.com/viewerng/viewer?url=https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/mountainwest.sidearmsports.com/documents/2020/1/9/MW_Media_Rights_Agreements_Teleconference_Transcript.pdf&date=1578612346

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

14 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Nowhere in the Boise contract does it stipulate that Boise must be with ESPN.  Boise will be getting right around 6 mil a year,  Their set up completely shits on your schools.

12 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Still believe your own lies? You do know this is posted everywhere right? This is the numbers:

Deal is for six years SPLIT WITH CBS AND FOX

3.8 for the MWC 10

2.5 for Hawaii plus 1.3 million to equal the MWC 10's total cash payout. Then you minus 20% of that for being football only giving Hawaii just over 3.5 million a year.

Boise gets the extra 1.8 million giving  them 5.6 million a year.

One thing that has not been reported was a small fraction of basketball games will still be on ESPN.

Thr MWC keeps their third tier rights (Just like I said.) Boise only has them for Olympic sports. This will benefit some more than others however Hair made it sound like they are selling them together. NFL Network is interested.

Hawaii negotiations with Spectrum starts in July. They could make more raising the conference total even more.

The MWC still has a lot of games they can negotiate with. Probably be more about exposure than money so ESPN+, Stadium, and CBS sports streaming service are all bidders.

No one is leaving to join the AAC. When this is all said and done the MWC 10 should be at $4.5 easily. Boise should be at or around $6. Hopefully Hawaii gets a big raise for their PPV contract giving us an even bigger raise.

Read it yourself.

https://docs.google.com/viewerng/viewer?url=https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/mountainwest.sidearmsports.com/documents/2020/1/9/MW_Media_Rights_Agreements_Teleconference_Transcript.pdf&date=1578612346

To be fair, this probably wasn’t reported on East Coast SportsCenter. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

You should just stop posting about MWC athletics, something you clearly know nothing about.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, JuwanHWolv said:

I feel for BruinInTheBay right now.. I know he was hoping to bet on a different media horse.

i do hope this ignites SJSU

So this is the new TedfordTrain account?  Welcome back.  I don't know what you are referring to about my feelings but rest assured I have no personal stake in the Mountain West's success or failure in media negotiations.  

I hope that that some of this increased media revenue will help SJSU get their football ops building built on time.  Whether that 'ignites' SJSU I have no idea - having visitor locker rooms nice enough for Stanford to use so we can get the Bill Walsh Classic back is about the extent of my interest.

ESPN and the Mountain West aren't breaking up because ESPN is in the Bowl game business.  The current bowl agreements are set to expire the same year that the conference's media right expire.

ESPN holds bowl games in the stadia of Hawai'i, New Mexico and Boise State.  These bowl games get decent ratings for ESPN given the payout for the game and the bowl games are usually among the highest rated broadcasts featuring Mountain West teams in any given year so ESPN is probably happy. 

10 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

No it’s not

You're right for once.  Since there's no such thing.

12 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

No it’s not

It is far, far better.  No production costs, half the length, nearly as munch.  It shits on pea6

The power 5 living like the Wolf of Wall Street and the MW and AAC fans arguing over whose allowance is bigger. "I get $10 a week!". "I get $8 but I don't have to pay for bus fare!". Well, at least we aren't on food stamps like the G3.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

It is far, far better.  No production costs, half the length, nearly as munch.  It shits on pea6

You are making up stuff again.

45 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

You are making up stuff again.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/aztecs/story/2019-04-23/sdsu-aztecs-mountain-west-tv-contract-craig-thompson

@Fowl

JOHN DAVID exposed the AAC deal:

At first glance: Each school will get just under $7 million per year starting in 2020-21, still not at the level of the SEC’s $43.1 million from 2017-18 but considerably more than the couch change that Div. I’s have-nots receive.

The fine print: Most games will be on ESPN+, a pay web service ($4.99 per month) with only 2 million subscribers, rather than linear or “real” TV; schools are responsible for on-campus production costs, which some estimate could lower their net annual take by as much as $2 million; and the deal is for 12 years, when technology may change and media rights might be worth more and Div. I athletic budgets will undoubtedly have soared.

“That’s what blew me away,” SDSU’s Wicker says, “that 13 years from now they’re still going to be getting $7 million per school, knowing what things cost today and what they might cost in 13 years. I would be surprised if we got locked into something like that. I think that’s too long.”

Screen_20Shot_202016-10-24_20at_207.57.5

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/aztecs/story/2019-04-23/sdsu-aztecs-mountain-west-tv-contract-craig-thompson

@Fowl

JOHN DAVID exposed the AAC deal:

At first glance: Each school will get just under $7 million per year starting in 2020-21, still not at the level of the SEC’s $43.1 million from 2017-18 but considerably more than the couch change that Div. I’s have-nots receive.

The fine print: Most games will be on ESPN+, a pay web service ($4.99 per month) with only 2 million subscribers, rather than linear or “real” TV; schools are responsible for on-campus production costs, which some estimate could lower their net annual take by as much as $2 million; and the deal is for 12 years, when technology may change and media rights might be worth more and Div. I athletic budgets will undoubtedly have soared.

“That’s what blew me away,” SDSU’s Wicker says, “that 13 years from now they’re still going to be getting $7 million per school, knowing what things cost today and what they might cost in 13 years. I would be surprised if we got locked into something like that. I think that’s too long.”

Screen_20Shot_202016-10-24_20at_207.57.5

John David knows that which he is speaking about.  John David has served on the media rights committee for the MWC for the past couple of years.

12 years is definitely a long time to be locked into something. The MW did good with making it 6 years.

To think, 12 years ago I was still watching stuff on Dailymotion, starting to move to FB for the first time from Myspace, getting non-dialup internet for the first time, rocking my Blackberry Bold (my first non-flip phone), went to my first HS prom, and thinking Hawaii could repeat the 2007 season in Football under Coach Mack... A lot can happen in 12 years. 

At least both the AAC and MW are still a step up in tv contracts revenue compared to those of the CUSA,Sun Belt and MAC

• Like 1

Back to this topic pls.  The Sun Bowl in El Paso is an ancient one.  It's the only CBS Normal Bowl with PAC and ACC. Everything else is just about ESPN and whatever they want to sponsor in their de facto monopoly.  Fox and NBC have zero for post season college ball.  And rightfully so re NBC..gheesh, I rarely look at NBC NFL since it has nothing and when I do it's a bunch of old farts lisping through their false teeth with clothes from the basement and not Barney's NY.  NBC Sports...confident as always and sponsored by Poligrip.  Perhaps Depends too.

Both MWC and AAC do second tier CBSSports junks in their television contracts.  We all know CBS Normal has lucrative SEC ball high side Saturdays. 

Let's step it up.  Let's do the Sun Bowl in El Paso on CBS Normal. In gridiron matters CBS has nothing to do with ACC other than Sun Bowl. In gridiron matters CBS has nothing to do with PAC other than Sun Bowl.  As far as I know neither PAC nor ACC has CBS anything.  (Fact checkers, call me out on this ones - too lazy too google it; intuition strong with the kev).

What I formally propose is AAC Champ meets MWC Champ in the Sun Bowl on CBS Normal.  Aka the Lucy Network.

image.png.af5754ca468d01b7d57732a6ea26fbaa.png      image.png.f2fc0bde42547ed25fc3861508cf33e2.png   image.png.b19ba1594154da4b7d38b513171762e1.png  image.png.1d8f396769d2e2cb96ed01952714566d.png

Yes, I know MWC will have to give up Vegas for the PAC 3rd, 4th team but AAC has no Champ bowl slot..aside from its regular gig in the Best of Rest slot NY6.  Swipe.

Who wants some absent minded 8th placed team in ACC (Florida State) v. a Swag Bag only team from PAC in the Sun Bowl?  I do not.  As a native Texas Person. 

image.png.0596d1341ae7e67ba00a34e6141afacf.png

...I want Sun Bowl to Exploit and pay well or better for a better game.  It's the only thing on CBS Normal post season.   Let us pls combine and send Our Best to Sun Bowl.  Which really means Second Best since AAC goes to NY6 and MWC goes to Vegas.   :D.

El Paso is Ours for the taking.  It really is if we so chose to combine and leverage.  Think on it pls MWC folks.  Some form of it all.  Perhaps the best matchup not NY6 or Vegas between Us (fine, MWC keeps Vegas).

Hypothetical This Year.  San Diego State v Cincinnati in the Sun Bowl.  Who would not have loved that?  You tell me. Would have been a ratings barn burner.  Yum.

image.png.7475fdffd8ffce6d2764dab9f4fa81f4.png    image.png.b4182bbacc6f2699af2ddccb553d57a7.png

The Sun Bowl needs to be Us  That is all.

image.png

3 hours ago, Coog kev said:

Back to this topic pls.  The Sun Bowl in El Paso is an ancient one.  It's the only CBS Normal Bowl with PAC and ACC. Everything else is just about ESPN and whatever they want to sponsor in their de facto monopoly.  Fox and NBC have zero for post season college ball.  And rightfully so re NBC..gheesh, I rarely look at NBC NFL since it has nothing and when I do it's a bunch of old farts lisping through their false teeth with clothes from the basement and not Barney's NY.  NBC Sports...confident as always and sponsored by Poligrip.  Perhaps Depends too.

Both MWC and AAC do second tier CBSSports junks in their television contracts.  We all know CBS Normal has lucrative SEC ball high side Saturdays. 

Let's step it up.  Let's do the Sun Bowl in El Paso on CBS Normal. In gridiron matters CBS has nothing to do with ACC other than Sun Bowl. In gridiron matters CBS has nothing to do with PAC other than Sun Bowl.  As far as I know neither PAC nor ACC has CBS anything.  (Fact checkers, call me out on this ones - too lazy too google it; intuition strong with the kev).

What I formally propose is AAC Champ meets MWC Champ in the Sun Bowl on CBS Normal.  Aka the Lucy Network.

image.png.af5754ca468d01b7d57732a6ea26fbaa.png      image.png.f2fc0bde42547ed25fc3861508cf33e2.png   

CBS used to stand for the Carol Burnett Show.

https://images.app.goo.gl/uDo6Ehc5Ho63B23r8