JuwanHWolv

JuwanHWolv‘s Combined Mega Thread On Everything

Really crazy that the MWC has had to replace literally half of its head coaches. Has there ever been that great of turnover? 

• Like 1

June Jones was confirmed to have applied for the Hawaii job (guess he didn't care if he was the GM & HC of the XFL team). He rescinded his application, same with Anae. Likely when they were getting feelers that they weren't going to get selected.

Kind of wish we went with JJ. A good way to retire and it would let him open up the new stadium. Rather than Graham..

• Like 1

June Jones applied for the UH job but then rescinded the application, no doubt to save face when he found out he wouldn’t be the choice.

Brady Hoke seems the logical choice. He is politicking hard for Rocky to be his DC. If that happens, look out !

Dirk Koetter would have been perfect to continue the retread theme. Alas, the Atlanta Falcons are retaining him as their offensive coordinator.

Hoke at SDSU isn't bad.  This isn't a rebuild program.  He helped start the resurrection of the Aztec program, and knows it well.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, JuwanHWolv said:

Those are literally three of the last guys I expected to see running teams next year.

i have mixed feelings on whether going retread is better than hiring unknowns. I don’t know what to expect from Gonzalez, DeBoer and Arroyo either.

However, it would seem the ceiling is likely a little higher with the new guys (albeit with a lower floor).

This latest coaching search begs a lot of questions.

Did June Jones just not return anyone’s call? He’s not my first candidate either but he at least brings the R&S and a big name.

Will Colorado State consult Urban Meyer ever again? Addazio hiring Meyers kin just makes his hire look a little scandalous.

Now that Brady Hoke is making big changes in the staff, was it really smart to go continuity hire?

I hoped all those jobs had a little more umph in their candidate pools.

Going retread isn’t necessarily bad...but those are certainly bigger reaches than expected.

Good luck gents. I hope they work out.

A retread has the stigma of once being good, but wearing out and getting old which means performance is lacking. Hoke is a home run. Duh. He’s not young but he looks good for his age and still has the fire. He knows what he needs and knows how to win at SDSU. He’s the perfect re-hire. He’s had success at 2 G5’s, goes to a big time program that has a short shelf life unless everything is perfect, you bring him back. And he’s even smarter for coaching at that level. I think Hoke will dominate the MWC with Boise and probably even be a better team half the time. And I don’t think Hoke will bolt so fast for the P5’s when they come calling again. I think he’s going to appreciate being a HC at a winning program that he can hold onto for a long time, win and enjoy life more. He’s already had his big paydays. His recruiting is going to be ridiculously good. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

A retread has the stigma of once being good, but wearing out and getting old which means performance is lacking. Hoke is a home run. Duh. He’s not young but he looks good for his age and still has the fire. He knows what he needs and knows how to win at SDSU. He’s the perfect re-hire. He’s had success at 2 G5’s, goes to a big time program that has a short shelf life unless everything is perfect, you bring him back. And he’s even smarter for coaching at that level. I think Hoke will dominate the MWC with Boise and probably even be a better team half the time. And I don’t think Hoke will bolt so fast for the P5’s when they come calling again. I think he’s going to appreciate being a HC at a winning program that he can hold onto for a long time, win and enjoy life more. He’s already had his big paydays. His recruiting is going to be ridiculously good. 

Let's hope so.

He keeps touting the line that this is his last stop. He and his wife like Sandy Eggo, etc.

What matters will be the quality of his assistants. They are the ones that will do the heavy lifting when it comes to recruiting and coaching em up.

I wouldn't consider Hoke a re-tread. He was successful at SDSU in his first time there. But then again, I never considered Jeff Tedford a re-tread either. 

I am starting to wonder if this is Maynard's latest sock... 

:hmmm:

10 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Hoke at SDSU isn't bad.  This isn't a rebuild program.  He helped start the resurrection of the Aztec program, and knows it well.

Has a decision been made on Horton?

12 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Has a decision been made on Horton?

He got demoted to QB coach I think.  Won't be OC anymore though.

12 hours ago, JuwanHWolv said:

Those are literally three of the last guys I expected to see running teams next year.

i have mixed feelings on whether going retread is better than hiring unknowns. I don’t know what to expect from Gonzalez, DeBoer and Arroyo either.

However, it would seem the ceiling is likely a little higher with the new guys (albeit with a lower floor).

This latest coaching search begs a lot of questions.

Did June Jones just not return anyone’s call? He’s not my first candidate either but he at least brings the R&S and a big name.

Will Colorado State consult Urban Meyer ever again? Addazio hiring Meyers kin just makes his hire look a little scandalous.

Now that Brady Hoke is making big changes in the staff, was it really smart to go continuity hire?

I hoped all those jobs had a little more umph in their candidate pools.

Going retread isn’t necessarily bad...but those are certainly bigger reaches than expected.

Good luck gents. I hope they work out.

questions hiring retreads while simultaneously pitching the ultimate retread June Jones

:rotflmfao:  

more AAC pretzel logic

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

questions hiring retreads while simultaneously pitching the ultimate retread June Jones

:rotflmfao:  

more AAC pretzel logic

Is "retread" another word for "experienced coach"?

What's wrong with hiring a proven coach?

These AAC fans are desperate to try and make the MWC look bad.   Sorry, but AAC = MWC.  The two conferences are almost identical in prestige. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

He got demoted to QB coach I think.  Won't be OC anymore though.

The demotion was to RB coach.  We are still waiting on the official OC and DC hires.

• Like 1

Just now, #1Stunner said:

Is "retread" another word for "experienced coach"?

What's wrong with hiring a proven coach?

These AAC fans are desperate to try and make the MWC look bad.   Sorry, but AAC = MWC.  The two conferences are almost identical. 

couple other retreads:

Urban Meyer

Ed Orgeron

Mack Brown

stay far away from these guys

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Brady Hoke seems the logical choice. He is politicking hard for Rocky to be his DC. If that happens, look out !

Danny Gonzales has offered Rocky the DC job here as well.  Rocky and his wife have been spending time here in NM visiting friends.

7 minutes ago, sdsuphilip4 said:

Unfortunately it seems this is true

I don't know anything about him.  What will he run?