Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JuwanHWolv

JuwanHWolv‘s Combined Mega Thread On Everything

18 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Men who call other men "son" have limp dick syndrome. It's embarrassing. Get over it man. No one gives a shit.

You are a man?  Really? More like a young ignorant pup.  You certainly have an affinity for homophopia don't? You obviously give a shit and may want to seek help beta boy.

"Is MWC Commish Hair Thompson going to make a public statement re Boise State?"

I'm pretty sure he already did.  That's what got your trolling started in the first place.

Boise has options. Signing the long series with BYU would allow BYU and BSU to play in November if they go independent. BSU should have no problem putting a schedule together. I would advise to go a little lighter on the schedule than we have. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

On 1/14/2020 at 8:07 PM, RSF said:

Wrong comparison.  AAC gets a few games on ABC, MWC gets a few on FOX/CBS.  Tier 1.  AAC gets games on the ESPN channels, MWC on FS1/FS2/CBSSN.  Tier2.  AACs remaining T3 games on ESPN+,  MWC to be determined.  Basketball follows roughly the same pattern.  ESPN+ gets all of AACs non revenue sports for next to nothing, while the AAC shoulders costs for all of that.  The exposure argument, which is a major moving of the goal posts from earlier trolling attempts, boils down to Disney vs Fox/CBS in general.  They cant argue a huge monetary advantage, so this is what they pulled out of their ass.  Meanwhile, they're locked in for 12 years.

Here is the funnier part.  The Big East pays each school about 4-5 million a year, and is considered undervalued.  So in about 6 years UConn will be making more from the Big East TV deal than the AAC schools make from their new deal.  And UConn also gets some nice coin for its T3 deal, so even now theyll be break even on tv money.  Eventually theyll make up the money they paid to get out of the AAC.  Which is why UConn football can afford to be independent.

Who owns the tier 3 games?

On 1/14/2020 at 1:19 PM, Bruininthebay said:

I think that as 2024-25 nears there may be  reason to speculate about conference changes involving the Big 12.  

The one domino that would set everything off is if Kansas goes to the Big Ten along with Missouri.   If the SEC 12 loses Missouri, I think West Virginia would be the choice to replace the Tigers because the vacancy would be in the SEC East rather than the SEC West.  Kansas is a national basketball brand and the Big Ten network would upgrade it's content significantly by including the Jayhawks.  Missouri choosing the Big Ten over the SEC would say something about which conference is #1 and which is #2 in FBS.

In the event of this unlikely scenario,  I think either Texas and Oklahoma might go the SEC but they could also stand pat and expand the Big 12.   In the unlikely event that Arizona State is invited by the Big 12 and accepts that invite, San Diego State would be the ideal partner.  If BYU is invited, most speculate Colorado State would as well so that the conference has a presence in the Colorado market.  I'm not sure if the Big 12 takes ten or 12, but I don't think they go to 12 without a Pac 12 defector.

I've speculated before that Washington State and Oregon State might need a new conference if the rest of the Pac 12 decide they aren't going to be able to have the resources to compete with the SEC and Big Ten dividing their media rights 'pie' by 12 and that 9 or 10 is preferable.  Especially if ASU leaves for the Big 12, the remaining Pac 12 schools can do a PCC 2.0 by dissolving the conference and then form a new conference of the AAU schools (Pac 9).  The one school that this conference would want is Hawaii because it is the one institution most likely to 'pull a Utah'.

Wazzou has an over $100 million in structural debt from the athletic department affecting the overall budget situation of the university, now that university is exhibit A of an institution squandering money on it's athletic program.  Oregon State's athletic department is also running a deficit that is having to be supported by the rest of the institution.  Neither are AAU schools either.

However, both schools would be great additions to the Mountain West if San Diego State and Colorado State joined the Big 12 along with BYU and Arizona State.  Finally, UTEP would likely replace Hawaii because it would give the conference another institution with a stadium hosting a bowl game.

Interesting thoughts. But Texas is basically an independent that controls a conference. They would lose that if they joined the SEC. I think bringing in Stanford, USC, ASU, UA, Oregon and ??? Is a bigger possibility.

Someone wrote an article about USC going independent. See below.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/12/11/16741832/usc-pac-12-conference-realignment-lol

4 hours ago, BSUFan said:

You are a man?  Really? More like a young ignorant pup.  You certainly have an affinity for homophopia don't? You obviously give a shit and may want to seek help beta boy.

You have kinda come in with a "+++++ you" attitude to the posters, particularly other Boise fans for some reason.  Not saying it is a bad thing, I enjoy reading the banter.  You seem like a knowledgeable but "prickly" guy.  Welcome to the board.

Likewise @Ibanez I am glad you showed up and have become a part of the community here.  I enjoy reading your posts. 

5 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

You have kinda come in with a "+++++ you" attitude to the posters, particularly other Boise fans for some reason.  Not saying it is a bad thing, I enjoy reading the banter.  You seem like a knowledgeable but "prickly" guy.  Welcome to the board.

Likewise @Ibanez I am glad you showed up and have become a part of the community here.  I enjoy reading your posts. 

I can't argue with you about being a "prickly" old guy. I have been known to get my dander up on occasion.

Members of my family has been involved with Boise State football since the early 1950’s and the first practices and games I attended were during the 1958 season. Pictures of my family members can be seen hanging on the wall of the Alan Noble Hall of Fame.

As young kids we would use the wooden bleachers as our giant jungle gym to entertain ourselves while practice was being held and our family members attended to their duties with the team.  On more than one occasion Coach Smith would interrupt our climbing drills and bring us cookies.  A memory I hold dear to this day.  That man was one of the classiest humans to ever walk this earth.

I don't believe my initial comments where necessarily “prickly”.  I simply pointed out something I knew at the time was an incorrect statement.  On occasion I do hear things that I am not at liberty to disclose. 

I don't believe I said anything derogatory until I was referenced as a "jackass". I hold no ill will toward anyone but when attacked I will not roll over.

Picture1.png

Picture2.png

Picture3.png

Picture4.png

Picture5.png

18 minutes ago, BSUFan said:

I can't argue with you about being a "prickly" old guy. I have been known to get my dander up on occasion.

Members of my family has been involved with Boise State football since the early 1950’s and the first practices and games I attended were during the 1958 season. Pictures of my family members can be seen hanging on the wall of the Alan Noble Hall of Fame.

As young kids we would use the wooden bleachers as our giant jungle gym to entertain ourselves while practice was being held and our family members attended to their duties with the team.  On more than one occasion Coach Smith would interrupt our climbing drills and bring us cookies.  A memory I hold dear to this day.  That man was one of the classiest humans to ever walk this earth.

I don't believe my initial comments where necessarily “prickly”.  I simply pointed out something I knew at the time was an incorrect statement.  On occasion I do hear things that I am not at liberty to disclose. 

I don't believe I said anything derogatory until I was referenced as a "jackass". I hold no ill will toward anyone but when attacked I will not roll over.

Picture1.png

Picture2.png

Picture3.png

Picture4.png

Picture5.png

I blame @4UNLV. She is the culprit that makes this board surly. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

15 hours ago, Headbutt said:

"Is MWC Commish Hair Thompson going to make a public statement re Boise State?"

I'm pretty sure he already did.  That's what got your trolling started in the first place.

Just sayin... I have my doubts that Hair Thompson even knows what’s going on...

When Hair was interviewed by this sideline reporter, he stumped her when he said his favorite MWC memory was Utah beating Alabama.. He looks like a proud papa in the clip.

She tweeted out that she couldn’t believe he’d use that question to promote a team that’s not even in his league.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Bodkin247Sports/status/1165468746598645760

Perception counts for a lot. I’m not saying I expected him to say Boise’s win over AZ but couldn’t he have picked a favorite moment that is in line with the current MWC? (Such as having 3 guys drafted in Rd 1?)

Perhaps that question should be posed to everyone here, What’s all of yalls favorite MWC moment?

A82BACA7-5F4E-4DCC-9559-92162D6124FB.png

There was this epic tennis match in 2008 where the chair ump called a double fault so the New Mexico player shot him.

That was pretty memorable.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Then there was the Rose Bowl.

That was...ok...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

I mean I get it is not good PR but it is still the truth. If he was going with current members he would either have to go with Boise beating Arizona in an access bowl or San Diego State/Nevada sweet 16 run. Neither of those was as sweet as Utah beating Alabama. 

If you asked a long time Big West fan what their favorite Big West moment was it is fair for them to say UNLV's men's basketball championship even though UNLV has long since left the conference. 

18 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

I’d have to agree with Hair for once on that one. Watching Utah go and destroy Alabama like that was very satisfying as a MWC fan and a giant FU to the system.  

That was the golden era of the MWC.

If only they would have added Boise during that run. They might have gotten an auto bid the last couple years of the BCS (I mean they were basically boardline of getting it even without Boise). 

edit- and on a side note Fresno could have avoided 5-6 blowout loses to Boise in football lol.