Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JuwanHWolv

JuwanHWolv‘s Combined Mega Thread On Everything

4 hours ago, TheDoggFather said:

I wouldn't consider Hoke a re-tread. He was successful at SDSU in his first time there. But then again, I never considered Jeff Tedford a re-tread either. 

Two seasons and a 13 - 12 record I would not consider "successful". Even with a bowl appearance. 

Yes, he got the ball rolling. It was Rocky who kept it going to bigger and better results as well as culture. 

The only true measure of Hokes abilities are his time at Ball St and his Michigan run. The Ball St success was legit and he trended upward with his recruits and coaching staff in seasons 4,5, and 6.  At Michigan he trended down in seasons three and four, mostly with his recruits.

My hope is he gets Rocky in place as his DC. For whatever reason those two form a dynamic duo. Especially on the defensive side of the ball. 

With Zach Arnetts' departure and potentially Rocky making other choices, I fear there is no one competent enough to take the 3-3-5 scheme and personnel and succeed. Or worse, try and change the defensive scheme w/o the personnel to do so.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Hair already wants the round robin at 11 teams... (he even talks like it’s inevitable) but at 10 teams, I feel Hair would get the consensus.

That would mean 18 conference games.

That could be significant because teams like SDSU might logically push for a basketball school to be added, instead of staying at 11/10... so they can avoid the guaranteed dogs.

In which case, I could see a 12th school emerging that is considered to have a modicum of basketball ability.

Thise schools could be:

North Texas - 91 NET

Louisiana Tech (former WAC) - 95 NET

New Mexico State - 97 NET

UTEP - 158 NET

UTSA - 186 NET

Rice - 252 NET

:lol:

That is such a terrible blog post. Hair has been far from the best commissioner, but too many of our Board's mistakes get laid at his feet. Not to mention many of the things that have happened have been entirely out of his control.

8 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

:lol:

That is such a terrible blog post. Hair has been far from the best commissioner, but too many of our Board's mistakes get laid at his feet. Not to mention many of the things that have happened have been entirely out of his control.

Just like a head coach is judged. 

But I do think his biggest failures have been his lacking skill set of out-of-the-box solutions, and the energy and leadership to push those envelopes. Hair is just a smile "I'm doing my job at cruise speed, always going to play it safe and not upset the presidents for self preservation", etc. 

If anything is ever going to happen, someone needs to organize a watchdog group that gets really big, and then regularly critique the president's and Hair's past performance and future proposals while brainstorming their own. Right now there are two parties, Hair and the presidents. A new group like this would grow to become the third party through political leverage. If someone got something going, I could see quite a few sign on. But finding that small group to get it off the ground is the reason it'll probably never happen. 

kat.jpg

Gents, I usually don’t like partaking in expansion rumors but I just want to put this idea into the ether of realignment thought...

The only logical candidate for the MWC, in the event of expanding is NMSU.

For the MWC, raiding Texas would be a mistake because that would allow the CUSA to poach APP STATE; and such an acquisition would secure a higher rung on the ladder at the MWCs expense.

NMSU would end any realignment reverbs, and it would be in line with a PAC-type expansion, by having two teams in a MWC-centric State... each of those NM teams being good basketball schools (which may alleviate concerns about the 20 game schedule).

App State would be a bigger boon for CUSA than anyone realistic that the MWC could add to maintain an advantage over them.

The great tactician Napoleon would agree with this approach to dictating the high ground on the battleground.

If you allow CUSA to fortify with App State, that changes the battlefield.

Procuring NMSU will allow the movement of troops to stay static. CUSA won’t get that vital chess piece.