Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

boisewitha-s

The best MWC possible

9 hours ago, Agzrule said:

This is the best MWC possible

Boise State

Colorado State

Wyoming

Air Force

Utah State

New Mexico

Fresno State

San Jose State

UNLV

Nevada

San Diego State

Hawaii (full member)

BYU (olympics only with football scheduling)

Gonzaga

Remove SJSU and you're on to something...

The best path forward for the MW is to gut the WCC of their best basketball schools and use basketball as a way to boost the profile of the conference (and lead the way for football). I think it starts with BYU... it's about time to let them rejoin as a Olympic only member, removing one of the higher profile basketball teams from the WCC. Although, Saint Mary's doesn't really fit with the rest of the MW programs, It may be worth adding them as Olympic only if it reduces the profile of the WCC (and potentially the desire for Gonzaga to remain in the conference). How much flack has Gonzaga historically received for the conference they play in? If you remove 4 games against BYU and St Mary's from their conference schedule, that's a major drag on the conference slate.

The above will be pretty hard to get done, but is not impossible IMO (especially if the MW basketball continues its upward trend; next year should be pretty good). All of this would have been a lot easier if we would have added Wichita State before the AAC and then brought back BYU. Everyone knows how Hair fumbled that situation...

Finally, I would also be open to adding NMSU as Olympic only (to boost basketball).

20 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

And Boise taught the MWC a valuable lesson this year as well.  "+++++ you, pay me".give me my money GIF by Beat Shazam

Leave for the AAC, you tool. You sound as bad as that arrogant asshat, Bob Kustra. 

You love playing in the MWC and having perennial 10+ win seasons. Why not be loyal for a change to one of the conferences that propelled your asses into the national spotlight?

Personally, I would love to see bsu leave for “greener pastures” while tripling their travel expenses and struggling to achieve annual 8-win seasons.

You bring viewership and notoriety to the conference. Great.  Your success helped the MWC get us all a better TV deal. Awesome. Until the SEC starts paying Alabama more than they pay Vanderbilt, I’ll never sympathize with you whiny broncos. The princess perk package should die and you commuter school alums should get a clue. 

2 hours ago, UState1888 said:

Leave for the AAC, you tool. You sound as bad as that arrogant asshat, Bob Kustra. 

You love playing in the MWC and having perennial 10+ win seasons. Why not be loyal for a change to one of the conferences that propelled your asses into the national spotlight?

Personally, I would love to see bsu leave for “greener pastures” while tripling their travel expenses and struggling to achieve annual 8-win seasons.

You bring viewership and notoriety to the conference. Great.  Your success helped the MWC get us all a better TV deal. Awesome. Until the SEC starts paying Alabama more than they pay Vanderbilt, I’ll never sympathize with you whiny broncos. The princess perk package should die and you commuter school alums should get a clue. 

Let him blow off the steam. I trolled him so hard all offseason last year, then didn’t give him an opportunity to pay it back. He Big mad. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

6 hours ago, tahoe84 said:

Remove SJSU and you're on to something...

The best path forward for the MW is to gut the WCC of their best basketball schools and use basketball as a way to boost the profile of the conference (and lead the way for football). I think it starts with BYU... it's about time to let them rejoin as a Olympic only member, removing one of the higher profile basketball teams from the WCC. Although, Saint Mary's doesn't really fit with the rest of the MW programs, It may be worth adding them as Olympic only if it reduces the profile of the WCC (and potentially the desire for Gonzaga to remain in the conference). How much flack has Gonzaga historically received for the conference they play in? If you remove 4 games against BYU and St Mary's from their conference schedule, that's a major drag on the conference slate.

The above will be pretty hard to get done, but is not impossible IMO (especially if the MW basketball continues its upward trend; next year should be pretty good). All of this would have been a lot easier if we would have added Wichita State before the AAC and then brought back BYU. Everyone knows how Hair fumbled that situation...

Finally, I would also be open to adding NMSU as Olympic only (to boost basketball).

A few points.

-Gonzaga playing in the WCC hasn't hurt them one bit.  They are a powerhouse and have been on a multi decade tear that other mid majors dream of.  Any flack they are perceived to receive exists on message boards.  

-The MWC doesn't have the option to gut the WCC.  They tried to snag Gonzaga and whiffed.  There is no reason for any of the other schools to jump ship.

-Yes, NMSU would accept an invite.  No they aren't being invited for oly only.  

12 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Let him blow off the steam. I trolled him so hard all offseason last year, then didn’t give him an opportunity to pay it back. He Big mad. 

Lmao off please bitch.  I rocked your shit last off season.  Every Fresno thread I started went 20 pages with dozens and dozens of replies from you.  So hard you left the board for 5 months.

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Lmao off please bitch.  I rocked your shit last off season.  Every Fresno thread I started went 20 pages with dozens and dozens of replies from you.  So hard you left the board for 5 months.

Don’t be so angry about last off-season. Celebrate the recent things, like your bowl game vs Washington and that performance vs UNLV last night. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

49 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Don’t be so angry about last off-season. Celebrate the recent things, like your bowl game vs Washington and that performance vs UNLV last night. 

I dunked on the Fresno fanbase so hard last off you ran for 5 months.