Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

boisewitha-s

The best MWC possible

5 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

True.  But since SJSU and USU came over the MW has been a 1 bid league more often (2016, 2017) than 3 bid (2015).  Every other year it's been  two. There's a chance of it being one bid again in 2020.  

So in all BUT two years the MWC has been a 2+ bid league. Is that what you’re trying to say? 

11 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

So in all BUT two years the MWC has been a 2+ bid league. Is that what you’re trying to say? 

No.  More like it's been a 1-2 bid league in all BUT one year.  :coffeecomputer:

If the MW can't pull SJSU up, that's a MW issue.  What's in it for the conference who is to be "gifted" them?   How does it benefit their new home to have Sparty around? 

SJSU is committed to being here.  They're a proud member until further notice.

24 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

If the MW can't pull SJSU up, that's a MW issue.  What's in it for the conference who is to be "gifted" them?   How does it benefit their new home to have Sparty around? 

Why is it this board gets trolled by WCC, AAC and Big West fans? Does this happen on their conference boards? Does the Big West and WCC even have boards?

22 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Why is it this board gets trolled by WCC, AAC and Big West fans? Does this happen on their conference boards? Does the Big West and WCC even have boards?

Because, this board f-cking rocks.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

25 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

This board is solid.

Big West has a board but it's not that active. We are lucky we aren't with most of the other conferences on that csnbb forum

54 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Are Texans still claiming El Paso? 

Only for census purposes...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

5 hours ago, Lobo Amor said:

I forgot Q Drennen transferred but...

https://golobos.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=8430

Also we did scout the Lubbock area but there wasn't anyone worth signing. 

He wasnt in the roster I saw. 

https://golobos.com/roster.aspx?path=football

One guy...congrats.

As for nobody worth signing, your record says otherwise.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Not a New Mexico fan at all but They made great hires and I can see them getting to 7 or 8 wins a year soon.  While not your 10 plus win season everyone wants I think New Mexico fans will take it.   Plus they are going to be a pain in the ass to play.  

1 hour ago, Ibanez said:

"I could've used a little more cowbell. So... let's take it again..and, Gene, really explore the studio space this time. I mean really, explore the space!"

grim reaper waiting GIF by Dark Igloo

Cowbells are the business, y'all.

Cowbell_Yell-18_20150910_M3B3725.jpg

17 hours ago, BSC said:

Not a New Mexico fan at all but They made great hires and I can see them getting to 7 or 8 wins a year soon.  While not your 10 plus win season everyone wants I think New Mexico fans will take it.   Plus they are going to be a pain in the ass to play.  

Truth right there but expect for us to battle for the Mountain Division in time. The SEC Mountain judt got tougher. While we will have a downturn next year as we will be super young.

20 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

It's not a MW issue.  The MW can't make people go watch games they don't want to watch.  Each and every member institution here is ultimately responsible for their athletic programs. 

Does it help to be in the upper tier of G5 conferences?  Yes. 

Will it solve all of your problems as an athletic department?  No.  

On 2/17/2020 at 11:56 AM, RamSack said:

Replacing Craig Thompson would also help.

What ? 

I'm surprised there's not 30 likes already.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

44 minutes ago, Lobo Amor said:

Truth right there but expect for us to battle for the Mountain Division in time. The SEC Mountain judt got tougher. While we will have a downturn next year as we will be super young.

How do you have a downturn after seasons of 3, 3, and 2 wins ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

3 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

How do you have a downturn after seasons of 3, 3, and 2 wins ?

Good question. Because we expect a bounceback season this year. We have 51 upperclassmen and scheme changes that will help. The fact that six other MW schools had coaching changes as well helps our odds. Our floor will be 3 and ceiling will be 7, we play 13 games this year.

I think UNM football is finally trending up for the first time in a long time. I've probably written up a dozen reasons in a dozen posts highlighting why UNM football isn't nearly as "doomed" as many think. That it's more of a cultural/system issue rather than a lack of resources. Basically, good coaches historically can get this program to the mediocre/good level of football(Fran and Rocky).  Not going to write up another diatribe. I will say this if we give Danny and Rocky a few years to turn things around and the program is still drawing 12K and losing at the end of that time, I'll listen to the dissolve the program crowd more carefully. For now, I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll start pulling our own weight.