Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jackrabbit

Exploding Heads

19 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Oh hell its Mr Elitist coming down from the mount talking shit to us deplorables again. 

That's exactly what the idiots in the movie would say.  Now off you go to watch wrestling and that show where they kick each other in the nuts. 

22 hours ago, retrofade said:

That was a crazy scary looking crash. I'm glad that his injuries weren't life-threatening. 

I'm not a huge NASCAR fan, but I did used to follow it pretty closely when Jeff Gordon was still an active racer. I usually find myself watching the Daytona 500, Talladega, and the Coca-Cola 600 almost every year. 

I imagine Dale Jr. was having PTSD while watching it because he got to see his dad's deadly crash in his rear view mirrors.

down in a hole.jpg

7 minutes ago, renoskier said:

View image on Twitter

Unbelievable! Ryan Newman walks out of the hospital with his daughters. :thumbsup: 

Great, great news.

down in a hole.jpg

3 minutes ago, Broncomare said:

I imagine Dale Jr. was having PTSD while watching it because he got to see his dad's deadly crash in his rear view mirrors.

I mean, hell.... the Dale Sr. crash didn't look nearly as bad as what Newman went through... but the safety advances via the HALO system, the Car of Tomorrow, and everything else is what allowed Newman survive what Dale Sr. couldn't. 

1 minute ago, retrofade said:

I mean, hell.... the Dale Sr. crash didn't look nearly as bad as what Newman went through... but the safety advances via the HALO system, the Car of Tomorrow, and everything else is what allowed Newman survive what Dale Sr. couldn't. 

I completely agree!!!  How Newman is even able to walk out of the hospital is amazing.  Thankfully, NASCAR made the changes.  Right before he died Dale Sr. was telling either Childress or his head mechanic that if they didn't make changes in the cars, someone was going to die....  just a couple of minutes later......  It was sad that it took Dale Sr's death to make the safety changes.  There had been at least three if not four deaths before Dale Sr. in the year period but I think people really started questioning with Dale Sr's death because he was a popular driver and had a lot of wins.

down in a hole.jpg

4 minutes ago, retrofade said:

The Dale Sr crash and death was a very weird freak thing; all about the whiplash.

1 hour ago, Broncomare said:

I completely agree!!!  How Newman is even able to walk out of the hospital is amazing.  Thankfully, NASCAR made the changes.  Right before he died Dale Sr. was telling either Childress or his head mechanic that if they didn't make changes in the cars, someone was going to die....  just a couple of minutes later......  It was sad that it took Dale Sr's death to make the safety changes.  There had been at least three if not four deaths before Dale Sr. in the year period but I think people really started questioning with Dale Sr's death because he was a popular driver and had a lot of wins.

Kenny Irwin Junior died about six months before Earnhardt did... Earnhardt was the last death in the sport, so they've apparently been doing something right. 

19 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Kenny Irwin Junior died about six months before Earnhardt did... Earnhardt was the last death in the sport, so they've apparently been doing something right. 

I can't remember, was he as popular as Dale Sr.?  But that's exactly what I was saying, thank goodness NASCAR has made it safer.  Otherwise, Newman would not be walking out of the hospital today.

down in a hole.jpg

6 hours ago, toonkee said:

That's exactly what the idiots in the movie would say.  Now off you go to watch wrestling and that show where they kick each other in the nuts. 

Your elitism shows actual disdain for the common man.   Dems are gradually losing the working middle class.

The reason trump is in office is that dems clearly show more concern for illegal immigrants, LGBTQ,  than vets, minorities, homeless or the working class.

Hate gets in the way of seeing this...doesnt it?