Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

The Finger Steak Empire 🥩 🍟

I hereby appoint @RogueStout as minister of food and beverage, @halfmanhalfbronco as minister of nature and deviant sexual behaviors, @boisewitha-s as minister of information, and @BroncoOrange as ambassador assigned to our embassy in Provo. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

One problem: Jefferson State (which this seems to include) doesn't want any part of your shitty food, though after enough Trainwreck, I suppose one might go for it. Nor do they probably want to be part of any "empire" with a far-flung seat. Getting away from that has always been the crux of the whole Jefferson issue. 

11 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Good luck with that.  I have a better chance of winning powerball than this happening.

2 hours ago, RamSack said:

Good luck with that.  I have a better chance of winning powerball than this happening.

56d.gif

You'd have problems on two sides as I see it. The included Jefferson State would be like Idlib Province (both share an uncanny similarity of anti-government extremists, poverty, and a proliferous drug/weapon trade) and hence, a constant insurgency problem for Damas...er, Boise, to deal with. Not to mention the world's biggest nuclear powers sitting next door to your East, each just one bottle of Southern Comfort away from dialing the red telephone in a fit of madness. You'd be in a constant state of fear. But at least you wouldn't be ruled by the granola people, so you'd have that going for you. 

3 hours ago, happycamper said:

Water rights.

We’ll pretty much own those once we take back the eastern territory that is rightfully ours. 

D9207A78-FCA4-4BE5-B5C7-E452712DDA12.jpeg.acbd279a80d268e4f5cbd93769a9b7ed.jpeg

1 minute ago, BSUTOP25 said:

We’ll pretty much own those once we take back the eastern territory that is rightfully ours. 

If it means that it's lesser Montana getting owned by Nebraska in water rights settlements, it may be worth it

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

52 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

You'd get your asses handed to you in the East. Nobody could invade and hold that place. Montana (and Wyoming) is like the American Nuristan. 

16 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

You'd get your asses handed to you in the East. Nobody could invade and hold that place. Montana (and Wyoming) is like the American Nuristan. 

@halfmanhalfbronco, @RogueStout, @tailingpermit, and I would be viewed as liberators. A force for justice and decency, freeing a desperate people from the tyranny of poor athletic departments and overrated five star restaurants. 

Just now, BSUTOP25 said:

@halfmanhalfbronco, @RogueStout, @tailingpermit, and I would be viewed as liberators. A force for justice and decency, freeing a desperate people from the tyranny of poor athletic departments and overrated five star restaurants. 

Nah, you'd be up on poles in Hell's Gate. 

Republicans in super-liberal Oregon are so fed up they want to become part of Idaho

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/02/18/oregon-republicans-idaho/?utm_campaign=wp_main&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Seven years ago, keen for a more conservative lifestyle, Mike McCarter, a firearms instructor in La Pine, Ore., considered moving to Idaho.

But McCarter, 72, diagnosed with stomach cancer, decided not to. Now he’s thinking he might just move Idaho to him.

The Republican is a leader of a group called Move Oregon’s Border for a Greater Idaho, which thinks Oregon’s government has become too liberal and would prefer to transfer Oregon’s rural areas to Idaho’s authority.

This new state should accept the most of northern and central Nevada too !! Could be a rootin' tootin', god fearin' god lovin' , conservative panacea that couldn't pay to pave their roads

200218154341-greater-idaho-initiative-ex

This kind of mirrors a conversation I had with a neighbor just a few days ago. We've been neighbors for about 8 or 9 years, really nice family, my little boy played with their children who are 2-3 years older. Anyway, he mentioned that he and his wife someday hope to return to Utah when their kids are out of school. This sounded reasonable since they're originally from SLC and attended UofU. However, although I didn't react, the reason he gave shocked me. It wasn't a simple desire to move back home but a desire to leave Nevada because it is becoming more of a "blue" state. I didn't want to press but I did mention that I've lived here for more than 35 years and although the area has grown tremendously, IMO the overall feel of the community hasn't changed. I can't really think of a single law that's been passed in my 35+ years here that has had any real impact on my life.

Mr McCarter obviously likes where he lives in rural Oregon, which is certainly a more conservative part of the state. Other than the fact the his state legislature is controlled by Dems, I wonder if there are specific laws which personally affect him?

6 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Mr McCarter obviously likes where he lives in rural Oregon, which is certainly a more conservative part of the state. Other than the fact the his state legislature is controlled by Dems, I wonder if there are specific laws which personally affect him?

He is a firearm instructor...so he's certainly been affected.

• Can't sell a firearm to someone under 18.
  • Private party firearm transfers must be conducted through a licensed firearm dealer while both parties are present. The dealer is required by federal law to conduct a background check and keep a record of the sale.
  • If a person appears to be in imminent danger of hurting themselves or another person, a police officer or a member of the person's family or household may petition the court for a one-year order that would prohibit the person from possessing a deadly weapon.

The last one is probably the biggest thing.  Most people that are really into guns as an unalienable human right think everything is a conspiracy to take away their guns.  And the fact that a disgruntled spouse or family member or police officer could have all of your guns confiscated just by lying to a judge - that doesn't sit well with most of them.