Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at New Mexico

TJ's in game adjustments are light years beyond Menzies and of course Rice.  Nice to have a coach that can win some games for you by seeing what the hell is happening and acting accordingly. UNLV's best offense is Hardy and Hamilton driving or getting inside 10 feet.  Get the floor spaced so they can go to work.  Small ball it is.

1 minute ago, toonkee said:

TJ's in game adjustments are light years beyond Menzies and of course Rice.  Nice to have a coach that can win some games for you by seeing what the hell is happening and acting accordingly. UNLV's best offense is Hardy and Hamilton driving or getting inside 10 feet.  Get the floor spaced so they can go to work.  Small ball it is.

What adjustments did he make? 

Entertaining game. Both teams foul a little too much for my taste but they sure fought hard. Kudos to UNLV for toughing out a road win. Even with UNM struggling, its always tough to win in the Pit.

28 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I thought the UNLV coach did a great job managing the game.  He is absolutely a better coach than Weir and ran circles around his team tonight.  The score was close but the coaching moves were not.  UNLV played hard all night and looked focused.  UNM BB is a program in deep trouble right now.  They may not win another game

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

3 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

that shouldn't have been asked.

I agree, a reporter should have better sense than to embarrass a player like that.  I agree that Lyle should have been pulled and the crowd might have been sending a message to Weir with that cheer for leaving him in as long as he did.

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

1 minute ago, Hoser said:

I agree, a reporter should have better sense than to embarrass a player like that.  I agree that Lyle should have been pulled and the crowd might have been sending a message to Weir with that cheer for leaving him in as long as he did.

Geoff is by far my favorite beat reporter, but there was no point to that question other than to make the kid feel bad. He surprised me with that one.

UNM fans usually travel well to LV for the MW Tournament.

Not sure that will be the case this year if I am an indicator. I do not remember the last time I missed a tournament. (including Denver and before) 

I might not go this year along with hoards of "everyone's a Lobo" folks. Relief for some of you.

I'm sure the MW tournament will survive without us.

Just now, LoboSage said:

UNM fans usually travel well to LV for the MW Tournament.

Not sure that will be the case this year if I am an indicator. I do not remember the last time I missed a tournament. (including Denver and before) 

I might not go this year along with hoards of "everyone's a Lobo" folks. Relief for some of you.

I'm sure the MW tournament will survive without us.

the lobo attendance has been down significantly for the last few years. I don't like it, but I don't miss the 'everyone's a lobo' in my house, lol. 

38 minutes ago, Hoser said:

I thought the UNLV coach did a great job managing the game.  He is absolutely a better coach than Weir and ran circles around his team tonight.  The score was close but the coaching moves were not.  UNLV played hard all night and looked focused.  UNM BB is a program in deep trouble right now.  They may not win another game

We rebel fans know how you feel. I really want us both to be great again. It's just too much fun.

Just now, toonkee said:

We rebel fans know how you feel. I really want us both to be great again. It's just too much fun.

I believe you guys are headed in a good direction with your first year coach.

Gonna be awhile for us.