Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

What will Hawaii's scheduling agreement look like when they announce their independence in a few months?

Just now, Ibanez said:

Scar didn't kill Mufasa. Cats have a thing about knocking shit off ledges. That's what they do. Scar was acting on instinct.

Also, I don't think for one second Simba cared he died. Literally five minutes before his death Simba was dancing and singing that "I just can't wait to be King." He got exactly what he wanted.

"Long live the king."

9 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Scar didn't kill Mufasa. Cats have a thing about knocking shit off ledges. That's what they do. Scar was acting on instinct.

Also, I don't think for one second Simba cared he died. Literally five minutes before his death Simba was dancing and singing that "I just can't wait to be King." He got exactly what he wanted.

It’s the circle of life 💩.

Not that I think they are going anywhere, but Hawai'i is probably the only MWC school that would actually have a shot at pulling off Independence.

MWC schools would be happy to schedule them. BYU would be a great annual end of season match up for them. P5 schools would love to throw their boosters a bone with H-H games. NMSU is not a bad late season opponent they could have annually. Plus they've already got their own television deal. Unless there is something that I don't understand about that. Toss in an annual Big Sky team traveling there and they could put together nice seasons.

I'm not saying it would be perfect, or even easy, but they could do it. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

19 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

The only game that matters to TV when it comes to the military academies is the Army / Navy game. If Army and Navy were a big draw their games wouldn't be stuck on CBS sports most of the time. They are a niche product like the MWC and PAC-12. 

Not true - the latest Navy TV contract allows the AAC (read:ESPN) to choose 1 Navy home game per year to broadcast.  The ND/Navy game in even years will also be on Disney.  So it seems that Navy, at least, does have some value.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

13 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Remember how AAC fans were predicting that UConn going Independent would be a disaster and that they'd have trouble with scheduling?

Looks like UConn is doing fine with scheduling so far.  I don't know if they have a TV deal yet.

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/uconn/

a 7/5 split in 2020 is REALLY impressive.

My WAG is that any TV deal will be announced right around the time of the official split on July 1st.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

19 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Remember how AAC fans were predicting that UConn going Independent would be a disaster and that they'd have trouble with scheduling?

Looks like UConn is doing fine with scheduling so far.  I don't know if they have a TV deal yet.

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/uconn/

Very true.  Plenty of games their fans should be interested in.  Their AD has done a good job.  

Guest #1Stunner
19 minutes ago, RSF said:

a 7/5 split in 2020 is REALLY impressive.

My WAG is that any TV deal will be announced right around the time of the official split on July 1st.

15 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

Very true.  Plenty of games their fans should be interested in.  Their AD has done a good job.  

Agreed.  I think UConn will probably get a mixed TV deal from ESPN and SNY TV, which will be pretty good exposure for them.

Also, I think going Indy in the Northeast is a lot easier, scheduling wise, since schools are a lot closer to each other.  Syracuse, for example, benefits by scheduling regionally close UConn.