Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
halfmanhalfbronco

What will Hawaii's scheduling agreement look like when they announce their independence in a few months?

Recommended Posts

Lol what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lion king disney GIF

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jdgaucho said:

lion king disney GIF

 

 

Scar didn't kill Mufasa. Cats have a thing about knocking shit off ledges. That's what they do. Scar was acting on instinct.

Also, I don't think for one second Simba cared he died. Literally five minutes before his death Simba was dancing and singing that "I just can't wait to be King." He got exactly what he wanted.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ibanez said:

Scar didn't kill Mufasa. Cats have a thing about knocking shit off ledges. That's what they do. Scar was acting on instinct.

Also, I don't think for one second Simba cared he died. Literally five minutes before his death Simba was dancing and singing that "I just can't wait to be King." He got exactly what he wanted.

 

"Long live the king."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ibanez said:

4 MWC teams

3 PAC 12 teams

1-2 Indy

1-2 FCS

3 G5 teams

 

Seem about right.  I think they will also be playing 7-8 home games a year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Seem about right.  I think they will also be playing 7-8 home games a year.

Maybe 7 home games if they’re lucky. No way to 8. They’ll be forced to do at least a couple 1 and done money games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Scar didn't kill Mufasa. Cats have a thing about knocking shit off ledges. That's what they do. Scar was acting on instinct.

Also, I don't think for one second Simba cared he died. Literally five minutes before his death Simba was dancing and singing that "I just can't wait to be King." He got exactly what he wanted.

It’s the circle of life 💩.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that I think they are going anywhere, but Hawai'i is probably the only MWC school that would actually have a shot at pulling off Independence.

MWC schools would be happy to schedule them. BYU would be a great annual end of season match up for them. P5 schools would love to throw their boosters a bone with H-H games. NMSU is not a bad late season opponent they could have annually. Plus they've already got their own television deal. Unless there is something that I don't understand about that. Toss in an annual Big Sky team traveling there and they could put together nice seasons.

I'm not saying it would be perfect, or even easy, but they could do it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

Not that I think they are going anywhere, but Hawai'i is probably the only MWC school that would actually have a shot at pulling off Independence.

MWC schools would be happy to schedule them. BYU would be a great annual end of season match up for them. P5 schools would love to throw their boosters a bone with H-H games. NMSU is not a bad late season opponent they could have annually. Plus they've already got their own television deal. Unless there is something that I don't understand about that. Toss in an annual Big Sky team traveling there and they could put together nice seasons.

I'm not saying it would be perfect, or even easy, but they could do it. 

Air Force can pull it off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ibanez said:

Air Force can pull it off.

Maybe. They could fill a schedule, I don't know if they could get much in terms of television $, but I am no expert. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

Maybe. They could fill a schedule, I don't know if they could get much in terms of television $, but I am no expert. 

The only game that matters to TV when it comes to the military academies is the Army / Navy game. If Army and Navy were a big draw their games wouldn't be stuck on CBS sports most of the time. They are a niche product like the MWC and PAC-12. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

The only game that matters to TV when it comes to the military academies is the Army / Navy game. If Army and Navy were a big draw their games wouldn't be stuck on CBS sports most of the time. They are a niche product like the MWC and PAC-12. 

Not true - the latest Navy TV contract allows the AAC (read:ESPN) to choose 1 Navy home game per year to broadcast.  The ND/Navy game in even years will also be on Disney.  So it seems that Navy, at least, does have some value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Remember how AAC fans were predicting that UConn going Independent would be a disaster and that they'd have trouble with scheduling?

Looks like UConn is doing fine with scheduling so far.  I don't know if they have a TV deal yet.

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/uconn/

 

a 7/5 split in 2020 is REALLY impressive.

 

My WAG is that any TV deal will be announced right around the time of the official split on July 1st.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Remember how AAC fans were predicting that UConn going Independent would be a disaster and that they'd have trouble with scheduling?

Looks like UConn is doing fine with scheduling so far.  I don't know if they have a TV deal yet.

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/uconn/

 

Very true.  Plenty of games their fans should be interested in.  Their AD has done a good job.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×