Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

What are the 5 biggest POS cities in the AAC? Seriously, these are some of the worst places on Earth.

14 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

The AAC obesity statistics will grow even larger when they add either Georgia State or UAB. 

My sister’s family lives in Greenville. They were invited to a dinner after first moving in. Among  the entrees(with the bbq pulled  pork) were rhubarb and sweet potato pies.I know, technically rhubarb is a vegetable and sweet potato’s are a legume but gads- no wonder obesity is a epidemic there.

7 hours ago, nashvillepoke said:

We are actively trying to pay Arkansas to take Memphis off our hands.

I REALLY hope that comes to pass...they have medical marijuana and a higher MW than Tennessee.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/news/2020/01/17/memphis-violent-crime-rate-drops-13-1-2-years/4498839002/

"Overall, violent crime in the Memphis area has decreased by 8.2% since 2018 and 13.1% since 2017.

'That's 2,300 less victims than the year before,' said Memphis Police Department Director Michael Rallings."

mem skyline sig.jpeg

5 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

@Tulsa Guy lost almost 10% of his mass weight last year just by cutting chicken fried steak out of his daily diet. But he still weighs 345 pounds. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

In all seriousness we shouldn’t make fun of people for being fat. We should encourage them to live a healthy lifestyle instead by moving to one of the MWC cities in the top 30 and engaging in the activities that keep people fit. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Guest #1Stunner
4 minutes ago, mugtang said:

In all seriousness we shouldn’t make fun of people for being fat. We should encourage them to live a healthy lifestyle instead by moving to one of the MWC cities in the top 30 and engaging in the activities that keep people fit. 

There needs to be an anonymous poll where everyone states their height and weight.

The quantity of sweet potato pie and chicken fried steak they eat in the AAC is unbelievable.

Just now, #1Stunner said:

There needs to be an anonymous poll where everyone states their height and weight.

I’m 5’11” 240 pounds.  Used to be 379 pounds.  I have worked my ass of, literally, to be not fat anymore.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

4 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Always the gentlemen.  It is not their fault they are fat, it is the city and culture.  I really do not want them moving West though. 

6 minutes ago, mugtang said:

People? Who said anything about people. We’re talking about AAC fans.

Guest #1Stunner
2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I’m 5’11” 240 pounds.  Used to be 379 pounds.  I have worked my ass of, literally, to be not fat anymore.  

zfEohFgt_400x400.jpg

a106660454.0.jpeg

4 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

zfEohFgt_400x400.jpg

a106660454.0.jpeg

While sugar is still my weakness, I have significantly cut back on my sugar intake. I’d rather live past 55 (not blessed with good genes, both my parents died young from health issues). 

Guest #1Stunner
3 minutes ago, mugtang said:

While sugar is still my weakness, I have significantly cut back on my sugar intake. I’d rather live past 55 (not blessed with good genes, both my parents died young from health issues). 

Just testing your resolve!

You sound like you are doing great!  Thanks for sharing with us.  Good example of hard work.

Will say, was in Tampa today...that's actually a hell of a nice city. Saw virtually no USF though, but lots of UF gear around town. It's definitely a UF town. Orlando is too (more people care about UF than UCF in Orlando), but Tampa is really pretty rad whereas Orlando is really a shithole. 

2 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

The quantity of sweet potato pie and chicken fried steak they eat in the AAC is unbelievable.

Girls in the AAC towns would not like me.  As they assume weight equals prosperity.

7 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

If we ever cross paths at a tailgate that I host, you can have some of my 16 hour Carolina BBQ.  I will leave it naked and let you choose your sauces.  :cheers:

I'd be happy to be proven wrong :D

8 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

@AAC fans, see above.  You can choose to live a healthier lifestyle.  

When AAC fans say they're “all that and a bag of chips,” they literally mean it.

21 hours ago, RogueStout said:

Let's list these third world cities out, I don't really know much about, or really even care about any of these schools, so I don't have much to go on.

Orlando - Basically one giant strip mall, with some of the most garish and gaudy "theme parks" on the planet. A magnet for uncouth midwesterners and their broods who want to feel like they really spent their vacation funds well. Kind of Vegas with no gambling (as far as I know). 

Cincinnati - Probably best known for WKRP, their ridiculous take on "chili", and not being Cleveland. Never been here so I am not an expert. 

Greenville - I got nothing here. Is this where the Andy Griffith show was supposed to be? I do like Carolina BBQ.

Houston - I think this has been well covered already, but let's not forget that the most remarkable thing about Houston is the amount of Purple Drank the denizens are able to consume while still managing to murder one another at an alarming rate.

Memphis - Awful, awful, horrible place. It's no wonder The King ate and drank himself to death. Also, the BBQ is shit

Tampa - I like a grouper sando as much as the next guy, but Tampa is just a lifeless, ugly, boring dump.

Dallas - Meh. Definitely not Houston, but nothing special by any metric that I am aware of. 

Philly - Never been. I would give some latitude for the cheesesteak sandwiches alone though. @VandalPride97 help me out with this one please.

New Orleans - Claims to fame are being abandoned by the federal government, and their pro franchise aiding and abetting the Catholic church systematically raping children. Sounds like a great place.

Tulsa - Never forget

What else am I missing?

Philly has vast swathes of crime-ridden hood, but it's counterbalanced by a great food scene, cultural options, fantastic public parks and my presence.  Also, I wouldn't write off New Orleans so easily - it has problems, but it's also one of the coolest and unique cities in the country.