Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fbpack

Jalen Harris

3 hours ago, BacksThePack said:

Only 5 behind Tree's 11 for the program record?

I think that’s right. The best thing about Jalen’s run is he’s been pretty efficient in doing it. He’s been incredibly impressive.

I know Flynn will get player of the year (and much deserved due to the incredible year he and SDSU are having), but Harris is definitely worthy.

I really hope we're able to keep him around next year.

26 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

Maybe a definition issue, in my day gunners had a negative connotation. Harris is second on the team for rebounds, steals and assists. Sex god more appropriate.

You ever play on a team that had a player that was a black hole? Someone that you threw the ball to and never saw it again? Other than Jazz Johnson, Harris shoots the ball twice as much as anyone else on the team. 

3 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

You ever play on a team that had a player that was a black hole? Someone that you threw the ball to and never saw it again? Other than Jazz Johnson, Harris shoots the ball twice as much as anyone else on the team. 

Well you have never hidden the fact that you don't like Harris..

20 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

To be fair, we don't really have any scorers besides Jazz and Harris. Drew has taken over a few games, but most importantly we really don't have any consistent post scorers. He's shooting 46% which is very high for a guard.

I would've loved to see how this season would've gone had Jordan Brown stayed. We would be a much different team.

1 minute ago, bigd said:

To be fair, we don't really have any scorers besides Jazz and Harris. Drew has taken over a few games, but most importantly we really don't have any consistent post scorers.

I would've loved to see how this season would've gone had Jordan Brown stayed. We would be a much different team.

I was doing a luke warm troll. I wouldn’t mind having Harris on the Boise State team. Very good player and seems like a good dude. 

23 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Umm...don't you want your best shooter taking the most shots?

Gunner!

Jalen_vs_SJSU_2.jpg

https://www.mwcconnection.com/2020/2/11/21133418/nevadas-jalen-harris-awarded-oscar-robertsons-national-player-of-the-week

The U.S. Basketball Writers Association has selected Nevada guard Jalen Harris as the Oscar Robertson National Player of the Week Award for his performances from Feb. 4-8.

Last week, the 6-foot-5 guard averaged 35 points, 5.5 rebounds and 3.5 assists in two games. Harris shot 56.8 percent from the field with an astounding 61.1 3-point percentage.

Last Tuesday, Harris tallied a career-high 38 points on 12-of-21 shooting, including 6-of-8 from beyond the arc against Air Force. Harris added six rebounds and four assists.

Harris has totaled 30-point performances in the last four games. He has six 30-point games in his collegiate career (all coming this season).

On 2/10/2020 at 12:05 PM, bigd said:

I know Flynn will get player of the year (and much deserved due to the incredible year he and SDSU are having), but Harris is definitely worthy.

I really hope we're able to keep him around next year.

Harris is the best player in the conference...and I don't think it is particularly close. Flynn is certainly deserving of the award and will win it due to what he and his team have done but Harris is the more talented player. Where would Nevada be without him this year? Flynn is important to what SDSU is capable of but he is also one of many balanced pieces that SDSU has.

30 minutes ago, TrueAg said:

Harris is the best player in the conference...and I don't think it is particularly close. Flynn is certainly deserving of the award and will win it due to what he and his team have done but Harris is the more talented player. Where would Nevada be without him this year? Flynn is important to what SDSU is capable of but he is also one of many balanced pieces that SDSU has.

We would be way below .500 without him this year. Our only offense would be Johnson gunning threes while he's double teamed.

On 2/10/2020 at 2:20 PM, soupslam1 said:

There are players like that, no doubt. Take for instance Derrick Alston. Other than Jessup, he shoots the ball more than anyone else on the team.

Just getting in on the fun. 

On 2/10/2020 at 12:20 PM, soupslam1 said:

Awful take

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman