Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

The best thing about the MWC.

4 hours ago, since1670 said:

This thread is a joke. You are comparing backwater towns to World class cities.

It is true the MWC does reside in attractive landscapes. That's where the story starts and where it ends.

Cincinnati, Dallas, Houston, Philadelphia, and D.C. have World class:
    universities,
    careers,
    research,
    entrepreneurship,
    medical care,
    sports,
    threatre,
    museums, and
    cuisine.

I have lived in Texas most of my life without even traveling through a ghetto.

All those people moving from Cal. to Texas disagree with you.

The entire city of Houston is a shit hole ghetto.  Ugly as +++++, filthy, disgusting, flat, crime ridden dump.  Your shit hole city has made headlines like this you mouth breathing idiot (aka typical Houston redneck racist).  The AAC is filled with nothing other then disgusting dumps and their campuses are located in poverty stricken ghettos.  Your city is garbage and even the air is toxic and kills brain cells.  If you think otherwise you have clearly never stepped foot an locations like Boise, Logan, where the quality of living is literally like comparing a first world cities to to third world cities.

image.png

38 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The entire city of Houston is a shit hole ghetto.  Ugly as +++++, filthy, disgusting, flat, crime ridden dump.  Your shit hole city has made headlines like this you mouth breathing idiot (aka typical Houston redneck racist).  The AAC is filled with nothing other then disgusting dumps and their campuses are located in poverty stricken ghettos.  Your city is garbage and even the air is toxic and kills brain cells.  If you think otherwise you have clearly never stepped foot an locations like Boise, Logan, where the quality of living is literally like comparing a first world cities to to third world cities.

image.png

I was only there a few days but I really enjoyed the Galleria as we never ran out of things to do and it's all in one spot (movies, great food, up-scale shopping, connected hotels, ice rink) ...Galveston was also cool, I suggest visiting the Galveston Pier.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

4 hours ago, since1670 said:

In 2018, the Houston Chronicle reported:

Two Houston communities are ranked among the nation's 25 most dangerous neighborhoods, according to a new study by NeighborhoodScout.com . The website analyzed FBI data from 17,000 local law enforcement agencies to find specific neighborhoods in America with the highest predicted rates of crime, MSN Money reports.

Coming in at No. 15 in the U.S. is a Houston neighborhood centered at the intersection of Dowling and McGowen Streets, located in Houston's historic Third Ward - a broad geographical area that includes stately mansions, the University of Houston and Texas Southern University.

https://www.chron.com/business/real-estate/article/Two-Houston-neighborhoods-called-most-dangerous-4476367.php

53 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

image.png

While all of these are absolutely facts, you forgot to mention how fecking fat everyone is there. I don't even need to google it, Houston has to be the fattest city in the world

17 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

I was only there a few days but I really enjoyed the Galleria as we never ran out of things to do and it's all in one spot (movies, great food, up-scale shopping, connected hotels, ice rink) ...Galveston was also cool, I suggest visiting the Galveston Pier.

Of all the gorgeous locations in the country, why would anybody ever go out of their way to visit Houston, for any reason?

14 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Of all the gorgeous locations in the country, why would anybody ever go out of their way to visit Houston, for any reason?

this was when SW was new to the area so we would grab up the random 49 dollar one way tickets when they would pop up. We were able to fly to San Antonio, Dallas (love), Houston (hobby), and Harligen (south padre island) for cheap.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

4 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

this was when SW was new to the area so we would grab up the random 49 dollar one way tickets when they would pop up. We were able to fly to San Antonio, Dallas (love), Houston (hobby), and Harligen (south padre island) for cheap.

I guess that may be an option for entertainment because you live in another AAC ghetto dump.  I would much rather stay in my backyard, looking at Boise foothills and ride my bike down to a fishing hole then have an all expenses paid trip to Houston.

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I guess that may be an option entertainment because you live in another AAC ghetto dump.  I would much rather stay in my backyard, looking at Boise foothills and ride my bike down to a fishing hole.

as the locals say, it do what it do...

I think you would like our 'green line' project that took miles and miles of abandoned train track and turned them into biking/running paths that provide quick bike access across the city.

10291.jpg

they even converted the old car path along the Harahan RR Bridge downtown so bikes/pedestrians can cross.

Big-River-Crossing-1024x640.jpg

https://styleblueprint.com/memphis/everyday/biking-in-memphis/

mem skyline sig.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

No offense but the bad in Memphis far outweighs the good. It's just not a very nice city. It's not as bad as the reputation but out of the four main cities in Tennessee, Memphis stands out for all the wrong reasons.

The only city in our conference footprint that is as bad is Fresno. As bad as Memphis is, West Memphis and Jackson are right there as well. You just can't defend those places.

Memphis is what it is because of all the history that's happened there dating back to the Civil War. Cities like Memphis have a history from Beale St to Gracland, Sun to Stax that you won't find in Fresno. West Memphis is a dump...it's like Kansas City, Kansas.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

1 hour ago, UofMTigers said:

as the locals say, it do what it do...

I think you would like our 'green line' project that took miles and miles of abandoned train track and turned them into biking/running paths that provide quick bike access across the city.

10291.jpg

they even converted the old car path along the Harahan RR Bridge downtown so bikes/pedestrians can cross.

Big-River-Crossing-1024x640.jpg

https://styleblueprint.com/memphis/everyday/biking-in-memphis/

Boise's greenbelt goes from the lake on the far east side of town to Eagle (NW of Boise). All along the river, going right through town.

They are also in the works of turning the train tracks that go from Horseshoe Bend (north of Eagle) up to McCall (resort/mountain town/multiple lakes and ski hills). It'll be a road biker paradise ride. 100 miles through the mountains along the Payette River. I think it'll be a destination type of ride. 

12 minutes ago, Danimaji said:

I wish I shared your excitement about staying in the MWC, but I don't. Staying in the MWC represents complacency in a time when BSU needs energy and upward mobility.

hey, you're making 1.8 million dollars more than everyone else in your conf...it could be worse, you could be them.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Never been there but the Memphis fan says it has a cool mall and I'll be damned if having a mall doesn't make Houston really special.

I mean, how many cities have a mall?

Boom goes the dynamite.

5 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

Never been there but the Memphis fan says it has a cool mall and I'll be damned if having a mall doesn't make Houston really special.

I mean, how many cities have a mall?

that's what I said when I found out we were going to Houston...I was wrong. We also took a shuttle over to the Museum of Fine Arts (maybe a 10-11 minute ride) and then walked to the Natural Science Museum.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g56003-d144355-Reviews-Museum_of_Fine_Arts_Houston-Houston_Texas.html

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g56003-d105911-Reviews-The_Houston_Museum_of_Natural_Science-Houston_Texas.html

mem skyline sig.jpeg

8 hours ago, since1670 said:

Congratulations....I guess.  They do exist, though.  Stop 6 in FW, SOC in Dallas, 3rd Ward in Houston and so on. Avoiding them isnt an achievement.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

57 minutes ago, RSF said:

Congratulations....I guess.  They do exist, though.  Stop 6 in FW, SOC in Dallas, 3rd Ward in Houston and so on. Avoiding them isnt an achievement.

As I mentioned above, the University of Houston sits in one of those 3rd Ward neighborhoods. UH is only a short distance from one of the most dangerous areas in the US. I was scratching my head at his comment also.

From my previous post.

4 hours ago, FresnoFacts said:

Two Houston communities are ranked among the nation's 25 most dangerous neighborhoods, according to a new study by NeighborhoodScout.com . The website analyzed FBI data from 17,000 local law enforcement agencies to find specific neighborhoods in America with the highest predicted rates of crime, MSN Money reports.

Coming in at No. 15 in the U.S. is a Houston neighborhood centered at the intersection of Dowling and McGowen Streets, located in Houston's historic Third Ward - a broad geographical area that includes stately mansions, the University of Houston and Texas Southern University.

https://www.chron.com/business/real-estate/article/Two-Houston-neighborhoods-called-most-dangerous-4476367.php

6 hours ago, kingpotato said:

While all of these are absolutely facts, you forgot to mention how fecking fat everyone is there. I don't even need to google it, Houston has to be the fattest city in the world

And he also forgot to mention how miserable the weather is there.  It rivals Saigon as far as the heat and humidity goes.  From late April to November is pure misery there.

That’s one of the nice things about the MW - no schools in places with any humidity (I.e. places that suck)

12 hours ago, since1670 said:

This thread is a joke. You are comparing backwater towns to World class cities.

It is true the MWC does reside in attractive landscapes. That's where the story starts and where it ends.

Cincinnati, Dallas, Houston, Philadelphia, and D.C. have World class:
    universities,
    careers,
    research,
    entrepreneurship,
    medical care,
    sports,
    threatre,
    museums, and
    cuisine.

All those people moving from Cal. to Texas disagree with you.

That's the first time I have ever seen Wichita and Greenville alluded to as world class.

All those positive attributes for Philly, DC, etc. also apply to Honolulu, San Diego, San Jose, and Las Vegas.  The Air Force Academy is certainly world class, albeit in a nontraditional sense.  Lots of flag ships and land grants here in MWC Land.

I'd throw my conference into the mix as well, but that'd be just piling on.