Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
LoboMan59

Ranking the MWC Recruiting Classes...

Recommended Posts

Heard this morning on 610 the sports animal, in Albuquerque, that coach G’s first recruiting class is ranked #4 in the MWC? Does anyone have a link to such a rankings list? Would be interested in reading how teams classes are ranked. 
I don’t doubt that BSU has the highest ranked class, they always do... but hard to believe UNM would be #4, when we’ve traditionally, always ranked in the lower/bottom half of the conference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/?Conference=M-West

 

It's not completely accurate, but UNM did have a pretty good day, relatively speaking. Even more impressive considering the small amount of time they had to work. None of those signees are Davie's, except Stonewall, who decommitted and signed with Lamar.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks. This one has us about in the middle, which is probable closer than what i heard this morning on the radio 

Also, I read this tweet that we got a 24th signee out of California? I was under the impression we only had 22 schollies to give out? 
Tell Frank to edit that release, because we now have 24!!! We add another big, strong linebacker from California, let’s welcome to the Lobo family Syaire Riley

) #GoLobos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2020 at 4:14 PM, LoboMan59 said:

Thanks. This one has us about in the middle, which is probable closer than what i heard this morning on the radio 

Also, I read this tweet that we got a 24th signee out of California? I was under the impression we only had 22 schollies to give out? 
Tell Frank to edit that release, because we now have 24!!! We add another big, strong linebacker from California, let’s welcome to the Lobo family Syaire Riley

) #GoLobos

We had 25. 3 were used last year. 1 gray shirt - Dion Hunter, who is enrolled. The other two on blue shirts. On who showed up Eric Cuffee and the other who left to another school Jeremiah Webb. So we had the extra 24. We are still going to sign a late qualifier QB which would put us at 25 but we will count that one to next year since we have 25 schollies next year. We don't have to decide who to gray/blue shirt until June 1st.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was a really shitty year for the MWC recruiting.  Outside of Boise, the classes have fewer wins over P5 schools than usual.  SDSU and Fresno have particularly bad classes on paper, relative to their "status" in the conference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These classes really need to be rated after everyone shows up. Every year there are signees who don't show and get replaced or late qualifiers get picked up so scores go up or down.

What I don't get is how kids who gray shirt get penalized so for sitting a semester because now they'll have the benefit of spring ball before summer & fall camp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

This was a really shitty year for the MWC recruiting.  Outside of Boise, the classes have fewer wins over P5 schools than usual.  SDSU and Fresno have particularly bad classes on paper, relative to their "status" in the conference.

SDSU could only sign 17 because we had a small senior class in both of the last two years.  As you know, the recruiting rankings give more credence to numbers than average grade.  Look at average grade, and then dismiss it all because most of the highest rated recruits in the MW over the past eight years have never even played a down for the schools they signed with.

if recruiting rankings actually meant something then SDSU would be 0-6 in their past six P5 games as opposed to 5-1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Fowl said:

SDSU could only sign 17 because we had a small senior class in both of the last two years.  As you know, the recruiting rankings give more credence to numbers than average grade.  Look at average grade, and then dismiss it all because most of the highest rated recruits in the MW over the past eight years have never even played a down for the schools they signed with.

if recruiting rankings actually meant something then SDSU would be 0-6 in their past six P5 games as opposed to 5-1.

Not sure about the rest ot the teams in the Mountain West but most of Boise States highest rated recruits for the last four years certainly played alot of games for the school.

2016 Alexander Mattison NFL
  Julion Carter DNP
  Cole Bailey Backup
  Jabari Watson In rotation
  Curtis Weaver NFL
     
2017 Jermani Brown JC
  Isiah Moore  Graduated
  Otavius Evans In rotation
  Chase Cord #2QB
  CT Thomas In rotation
     
2018 Khalil Shakir In Rotation
  Tyneil Hopper In Rotation
  Chris Mitchell In Rotation
  Stefan Cobbs In Rotation
  Andrew VanBuren In Rotation
     
2019 Hank Bachmeier #1QB
  Casey Kline Redshirt
  George Holoni #1RB
  Khyheem Waleed 4 Games
  JL Skinner In Rotation
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2020 at 5:21 PM, BSUFan said:

Not sure about the rest ot the teams in the Mountain West but most of Boise States highest rated recruits for the last four years certainly played alot of games for the school.

2016 Alexander Mattison NFL
  Julion Carter DNP
  Cole Bailey Backup
  Jabari Watson In rotation
  Curtis Weaver NFL
     
2017 Jermani Brown JC
  Isiah Moore  Graduated
  Otavius Evans In rotation
  Chase Cord #2QB
  CT Thomas In rotation
     
2018 Khalil Shakir In Rotation
  Tyneil Hopper In Rotation
  Chris Mitchell In Rotation
  Stefan Cobbs In Rotation
  Andrew VanBuren In Rotation
     
2019 Hank Bachmeier #1QB
  Casey Kline Redshirt
  George Holoni #1RB
  Khyheem Waleed 4 Games
  JL Skinner In Rotation

Yeah, two were early entry high round NFL draft picks. The starting QB, RB, and leading WR were all some of the highest rated players in the MW. The entire starting WR group this year will most likely be the players in the above classes. There have been very few busts and a lot of home runs. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×