Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toonkee

McCain's Concession Speech

1 minute ago, Nevada Convert said:

You wouldn’t know, you’re afraid to read about reality. 

...wrote the most fantastical thinking, out of touch poster on the board. You wouldn’t recognize reality if it punched in the nose. 

4 hours ago, NVGiant said:

I think we're going to break apart. I don't see how it ends. It won't be now or even 10 years from now, but it's going to happen. The cultural differences are becoming too profound.

The whole west coast, Nevada and Arizona go with Cali.  I know the Nev/Az politics are different, but their economies ride the coattails of the Cali economy.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

3 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Those days are gone and at this point it’s unlikely they will return unless Jesus reappears and becomes president. I take that back. The Dems are anti religion. 

"If Jesus were to return, he wouldnt join any religion." Mark Twain

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

4 hours ago, NVGiant said:

I think we're going to break apart. I don't see how it ends. It won't be now or even 10 years from now, but it's going to happen. The cultural differences are becoming too profound.

You don’t see what’s happening? Trump is prez because even some Dems are sick to death of out of control PC. The Dem Party is moving further left every 4 year cycle, yet the GOP has been also slowly moving to the left on some key issues. But the left is moving so fast that they’ll be finding themselves completely out of power and irrelevant. I would love to see moderate Dems rule their party again, and it’s going to take losing power for a while for that to happen. Trump is prez precisely to fight and push back on the Dem surge left. It’s as simple as that. If Trump had some self discipline, he’d be at a 65% job approval and cruising to a landslide. He’s right on the issues, but swing voters just have problems with his personality and lack of emotional self-discipline. 

kat.jpg

10 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

You don’t see what’s happening? Trump is prez because even some Dems are sick to death of out of control PC. The Dem Party is moving further left every 4 year cycle, yet the GOP has been also slowly moving to the left on some key issues. But the left is moving so fast that they’ll be finding themselves completely out of power and irrelevant. I would love to see moderate Dems rule their party again, and it’s going to take losing power for a while for that to happen. Trump is prez precisely to fight and push back on the Dem surge left. It’s as simple as that. If Trump had some self discipline, he’d be at a 65% job approval and cruising to a landslide. He’s right on the issues, but swing voters just have problems with his personality and lack of emotional discipline. 

Tldr 

5 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

I’m not even conservative dipshit if you look at position by position down the list that I’ve gone through a million times. 

Yes, I have read from an unimpeachable source on this board that you are a moderate who leans ever so slightly to the right.

Plus, I can tell from your always well thought out posts you don't even really like Trump.

Now go wipe that goo off your chin.

22 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Probably because Obama was anti military. Trump goes out of his way to praise the military and has restored the military budget Obama cut. Plus Trump is a renegade that speaks his mind which resonates with military types. He has also shown a reluctance to fight unnecessary wars at least so far.  Some war monger general’s may disagree but the grunts don’t want to die over a war not worth fighting. 

Let’s avoid the Truth.  The Military budget was “cut” as part of the sequester deal to reduce the budget deficit.  You remember right?  The budget deficit “conservatives” used to care about before Trump was elected. 

14 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

I think the Palin choice was a Hail Mary that failed him ultimately. If it worked, he'd have been heralded as a genius, but given her gaffes and the economy imploding over the course of that election, coupled with Obama as a generational candidate, and he was doomed. 

I always wish he'd have been the nominee in 2000 instead of Bush. Dude lost his edge after that IMO and became more or less a GOP water carrier, which was sad. Still, dude was a warrior, can't deny that. 

Yeah I donated to his campaign then.  But Bush’s disgusting rumors in South Carolina sunk McCain.

8 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I see your point, and I thought the Kavanaugh situation was disgusting; but I wouldn’t trivialize what McConnell did as merely flexing. I mean, he blocked a president from being able to point a Supreme Court justice for no legitimate reason other then he could. 

I don’t mean to trivialize it. I said it was BS at the time, and wanted him to hold the hearings and whip the damn votes if it was worth the fight to him. McConnell gambled, using Biden’s own stupid words against him, knowingly lowering the bar. He shouldn’t have simply pocketed it, nor should we hear a peep from the right when the boomerang comes back. We will, though.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

3 hours ago, PackNation said:

Yes, I have read from an unimpeachable source on this board that you are a moderate who leans ever so slightly to the right.

Plus, I can tell from your always well thought out posts you don't even really like Trump.

Now go wipe that goo off your chin.

There’s no doubt that being wrong isn’t just a hobby for you. You’re a dedicated professional.

I would like to know one thing if you don’t mind. What’s the story that your parents told you when you discovered that “Mistakes Were Made” was on your birth certificate? I’d almost pay money to hear this. 

kat.jpg

5 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

There’s no doubt that being wrong isn’t just a hobby for you. You’re a dedicated professional.

I would like to know one thing if you don’t mind. What’s the story that your parents told you when you discovered that “Mistakes Were Made” was on your birth certificate? I’d almost pay money to hear this. 

Hmmm.....

Where was I wrong? Are you admitting you aren't a moderate or that you  really do adore Trump? Definitely not the goo on the chin comment...it's there.

On 2/6/2020 at 9:02 AM, happycamper said:

Jesus Christ. Well I suppose that puts paid to any Trumpists on this board thinking they want to be the good guys.

You have got to be joking here. There was no way after 8 years of extremely unpopular Bush that a democrat wasn't going to win. Look at the House results; the democratic party annihilated the republicans in '08, worse than the Presidential race would lead you to believe. I don't think that Reagan could have beat Mondale in 2008. '08 was as pure a wave election as anyone will ever see. 

There was no politician in America that would have fared any better.  Bush's unpopularity coupled with Obama's charisma meant it was a losing fight from the start.  McCain did as well as anybody could have and he ran an admirable campaign.  

I would counter the OP though, McCain being so gracious in defeat sheds just as poor light on the democrats as it does anybody, probably worse. Trump is uniquely divisive and I admit that, however the reaction of the democratic party after his election is mind numbing.  It is outrageous.  

9 hours ago, PackNation said:

Hmmm.....

Where was I wrong? Are you admitting you aren't a moderate or that you  really do adore Trump? Definitely not the goo on the chin comment...it's there.

You set yourself up so well on jokes all the time, you must do it on purpose. If there’s anyone that knows about jiz, it’s certainly you. After all, you are DickNation, king of Dick’s. 🤣🤪😂😹🤠👍

kat.jpg