Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robe

It’s over. Trump smashed it out of the park

Not a good week for Democrats hoping for Trump to be out of offices. I cried laughed and cheered. Any honest Democrat knows last night was good for Trump. Pelosi actions was similar to Hillary’s it just added to his out of the park HR. You guys just +++++ one thing up after another. Everything the Dems do ends up benefiting Trump. 

The base is fired up and will come out in droves. Independents aren’t going to leave him and Democrats aren’t engaged. As of now it’s over. Could it change yes. 

Liberal pundits pretty much agree with me. No surprise I’m always right anyway.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

This guy can deliver a speech. His D day speech was good. This was for re-election was the best I have heard. The Democrats reaction really added to the night. Golden. I don’t think the Dems know what they are doing. I don’t believe they can change.

It’s like Trump even scripted their behavior and right on cue they performed perfectly. It’s was an absolute perfect night. 

Hire some PA guys you morons. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

1 hour ago, THEUniversityofNevada said:

The Cult is strong in this one! 👆🏻

At least they're no longer continuing on with the, "I don't like Trump, but I like his policies" nonsense. They're in love with the dude and are finally admitting it. 

Guest #1Stunner
7 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

You cried?

Seriously?

I admit that I teared up a bit when they had the Army widow and her 12 year old son stand.  That was more about seeing the lady get emotional at the loss of her husband, than about Trump, though.

Guest #1Stunner
24 minutes ago, Swedish said:

He lied repeatedly in this speech, slurred, and sounded sleepy. Sleepy Don.

I actually was impressed by the speech... Not so much the content, but the delivery.

I think Trump is actually a very good speaker and like Robe said, last night was a great night for him. 

The guy is unbelievable...I'm still shocked that he actually awarded Rush Limbaugh (of all people), the Medal of Freedom...during the freaking State of the Union.

I think last night was very sobering for Democrats ...  Trump is going to be very very difficult to beat this coming election.   This will be interesting to watch.

6 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

I actually was impressed by the speech... Not so much the content, but the delivery.

I think Trump is actually a very good speaker and like Robe said, last night was a great night for him. 

The guy is unbelievable...I'm still shocked that he actually awarded Rush Limbaugh (of all people), the Medal of Freedom...during the freaking State of the Union.

I think last night was very sobering for Democrats ...  Trump is going to be very very difficult to beat this coming election.   This will be interesting to watch.

Don' get me wrong. I think it's more likely than not that he is re-elected but he is not a great speaker by any means. The cult is so strong that it doesn't matter what he does or says. The issue for Democrats is not convincing Trump voters to vote for the democratic nominee. The issue is convincing enough non-voters from 2016 to vote and uniting the party behind the eventual nominee. Trump supporters are so deep into Trumpism that they can't be persuaded to vote D. It's all about getting as much of the 120 million or so that didn't vote to vote for the Dem nominee.

swedish-alfup.png

I like that he dropped the new Outkast album title- Stankuary! It's been a while since Outkast released an album. Cannot wait!!

Guest #1Stunner
12 minutes ago, Swedish said:

Don' get me wrong. I think it's more likely than not that he is re-elected but he is not a great speaker by any means. The cult is so strong that it doesn't matter what he does or says. The issue for Democrats is not convincing Trump voters to vote for the democratic nominee. The issue is convincing enough non-voters from 2016 to vote and uniting the party behind the eventual nominee. Trump supporters are so deep into Trumpism that they can't be persuaded to vote D. It's all about getting as much of the 120 million or so that didn't vote to vote for the Dem nominee.

Calling Trump supporters a "cult" has about as much credibility as calling Obama supporters a "cult".   Of course both sides get excited about "their guy / gal".

You aren't going to get "deep" Democrats to vote for Trump, nor are you going to get "deep" Republicans to vote for the Democrat.

People are going to support their team, their guy---basically whoever supports the views that they believe in.   Also, I don't buy the argument that Trump could do whatever he wants, and he'd have support.  If he started embracing Democratic Party ideas, his "cult" supporters would bail.  It is ultimately about the policies and what he does, in the end.

The election will be what it is always about.   Swing / independent voters in about 9 swing states.   Also, voter turnout, like you said.

Right now, Trump looks to be very formidable.   The Democrats really need to find a candidate that has as much charisma as they can (so many people respond to charisma).  It will be interesting.

36 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

I admit that I teared up a bit when they had the Army widow and her 12 year old son stand.  That was more about seeing the lady get emotional at the loss of her husband, than about Trump, though.

Happy for that family of course but if that image makes an individual more likely to support Trump then they've been played as was intended.  Dance little puppet, dance!

Edit:  Ooops I read as the soldiers family reunited during the speech.  Of course not happy for the family of the lost soldier.

Guest #1Stunner
5 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Happy for that family of course but if that image makes an individual more likely to support Trump then they've been played as was intended.  Dance little puppet, dance!

"Dance little puppet"???  I assume you are making a general statement?  

18 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Calling Trump supporters a "cult" has about as much credibility as calling Obama supporters a "cult".   Of course both sides get excited about "their guy / gal".

You aren't going to get "deep" Democrats to vote for Trump, nor are you going to get "deep" Republicans to vote for the Democrat.

People are going to support their team, their guy---basically whoever supports the views that they believe in.   Also, I don't buy the argument that Trump could do whatever he wants, and he'd have support.  If he started embracing Democratic Party ideas, his "cult" supporters would bail.  It is ultimately about the policies and what he does, in the end.

The election will be what it is always about.   Swing / independent voters in about 9 swing states.   Also, voter turnout, like you said.

Right now, Trump looks to be very formidable.   The Democrats really need to find a candidate that has as much charisma as they can (so many people respond to charisma).  It will be interesting.

Except I, and I am sure most people as well, do not recall Obama supporters stating publicly that they would defend him by killing political opponents or threatening civil war. Especially not praising him nor referencing him after terrorist attacks. Big difference. 

3 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

"Dance little puppet"???  I assume you are making a general statement?  

I was referencing the use of various individuals to gain political points.  Not referencing the families that get used but the people who associate a given politician, in this case Trump with supporting the troops more than the democrats.  Both parties do it and I find it distasteful.  It was especially egregious during the state of the union last night.