Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Game Thread: SOTU speech

7 hours ago, Bob said:

Trump is a FANTASTIC public speaker. He utterly captivates his audience. People hang on his every word. 

Tonight was awesome. Trump is the man. period. Love it. Four more years!!!

Good lord. Lol

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

11 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

History is a long time. It’s not like they seceded from the union, seized military supplies, and fired on an American base.

Most Democrats couldn’t fight their way out of a paper bag. They’re having a hard time finding the right restrooms these days! I highly doubt seizing military supplies is within their capabilities.

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

7 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Poor white people who don’t own stocks love to point at the stock market for proof of how great the economy is doing.. 

Anyone with a 401k has benefited greatly...the largest growth of jobs have been in the lower tier.  Whats your better solution for "poor white people"?

Good speech by Trump standards...  his facial expressions while speaking are entertaining and annoying at the same time 😂.  I liked the content for the most part.  I can’t stand the dog and pony show that the SOTU has become....  the applauding, stank face of opposition party, political exploitation of the folks they ask to attend, etc.  It all just seems so incredibly superficial to me.

v0icAvfW.jpg

9 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I’m no economist, but a lot of them agree that was a temporary “sugar high.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/patrickwwatson/2018/12/04/this-is-the-end-of-trumps-economic-sugar-high/#4a0b43e45238

He’s no boogeyman. The boogeyman has the decency to hide in the closet. 

No, you and many other people have created the Trump boogeyman that only exists in your own mind. To be fair many people who opposed Obama did the exact same thing. 

10 hours ago, Bob said:

Trump is a FANTASTIC public speaker. He utterly captivates his audience. People hang on his every word. 

Tonight was awesome. Trump is the man. period. Love it. Four more years!!!

Question.  When Trump is done, do you spit or swallow?

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 hours ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

Most Democrats couldn’t fight their way out of paper bag. They’re having a hard time finding the right restrooms these days! I highly doubt seizing military supplies is within their capabilities.

Maybe so, but Nancy can tear paper with her bare hands.

1 minute ago, retrofade said:

I didn't watch it, but I just finished reading the transcript. It read like one of his typical MAGA rallies. 

That’s basically what it was. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

6 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I didn't watch it, but I just finished reading the transcript. It read like one of his typical MAGA rallies. 

I did not tune in, but I read it too.  I don't like listening to him.  He would be one of my more favorite presidents if he just never spoke.

1 hour ago, bornontheblue said:

I couldn’t believe The Democrats sat on their hands and booed when he specifically pointed out all of the economic gains by minorities and women. Not a good look. 

Well, what choice did they have?  Those groups are their bread and butter at the polls.  They can't admit in any way Trump has been good for them.