Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

Game Thread: Iowa vs USA 2020

12 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Oh we’ve known. We’re just gonna have a little gallows humor as they all slowly figure it out.

kewl just don't go around gas lighting anyone, it makes me angry and you don't want me to be angry. :engraged:

Just now, thelawlorfaithful said:

Should it happen? Shouldn’t it already have happened? Or is Obama right in staying out of the fray?

I suspect Obama was disappointed that Biden waited so long to announce his candidacy. Had Biden declared earlier, there wouldn't have been half as many people running and that would have helped. Hell, if Biden had declared when he should have, Trump's July 25 phone call would have happened a few months sooner making it more difficult for Moscow Mitch to pitch his "dissatisfaction with the president can wait until the November election" anti-impeachment mantra.

At this point I hope Joe gets embarrassed in both NH and Nevada so that South Carolina is meaningless. The guy has no war chest to speak of and despite keeping himself in great shape physically it's clear he lacks the requisite energy to fact Trump.

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 minute ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

I suspect Obama was disappointed that Biden waited so long to announce his candidacy. Had Biden declared earlier, there wouldn't have been half as many people running and that would have helped. Hell, if Biden had declared when he should have, Trump's July 25 phone call would have happened a few months sooner making it more difficult for Moscow Mitch to pitch his "dissatisfaction with the president can wait until the November election" anti-impeachment mantra.

At this point I hope Joe gets embarrassed in both NH and Nevada so that South Carolina is meaningless. The guy has no war chest to speak of and despite keeping himself in great shape physically it's clear he lacks the requisite energy to fact Trump.

Should Obama endorse Pete if he does well in New Hampshire?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, Rocket said:

Most of the Democratic party is already pro Bernard my right wing friends, not sure what that would mean for my ballot I already sent in :0

The DNC isn't the Democratic Party.

I think you are right.  This is where New York and California are.  The Democrat Party has not just stepped to the left.  They have done the triple jump to the left.

2 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

54 precincts left out of 1,765 and Buttigieg leads Bernie by 4 delegates. 

773-BCD29-C85-F-4-D37-A99-A-36-BEDBEAF36

Wait....Bernie is winning the popular vote but not the delegate count?  How could the Democrats use such a diabolical scheme to nominate a candidate?

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

He polls well with black voters, but he polled well with Iowans for almost a year until it got close to show time. I think Biden’s support among black voters is a mirage. Now that everyone has started paying attention to this heretofore sleep inducing primary, they’re gonna see Joe for what he is as a candidate. And nobody thinks it’s good.

Do you think Biden would come out of a contested convention on top?

"Polling well" and having folks show up and spend hours at a stupid caucus are different things.

44 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

Wait....Bernie is winning the popular vote but not the delegate count?  How could the Democrats use such a diabolical scheme to nominate a candidate?

They modeled their scheme after the same nationwide scheme that elected the last several Republican presidents.

Mayor petes success was kind of mind-boggling to me until I did a deep dive on his policy ideas and realized something:

he has positioned himself as the mythical “social liberal fiscal conservative.” If that sounds to you like im describing a unicorn, you’re right. They can’t possibly exist. But since so many people enjoy placing themselves in that category in order to not ruffle feathers at thanksgiving dinner, they’ve flocked to Pete because he speaks to their fictional ideals. 

We’re going from President drunk uncle to president conflict-averse cousin. I can’t wait.

3 minutes ago, toonkee said:

They modeled their scheme after the same nationwide scheme that elected the last several Republican presidents.

No sir. They modeled it awarding more weight to the places that most voted Democrat for President and Governor in 2016 and 2018. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

6 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Mayor petes success was kind of mind-boggling to me until I did a deep dive on his policy ideas and realized something:

he has positioned himself as the mythical “social liberal fiscal conservative.” If that sounds to you like im describing a unicorn, you’re right. They can’t possibly exist. But since so many people enjoy placing themselves in that category in order to not ruffle feathers at thanksgiving dinner, they’ve flocked to Pete because he speaks to their fictional ideals. 

We’re going from President drunk uncle to president conflict-averse cousin. I can’t wait.

I don't disagree on the mythical part but that's pretty much the description of Libertarians with a capital "L." If Bernie doesn't win the Democratic nomination he can run as an independent and name Rand Paul to be his running mate. Both are coo-coo as a dodo bird just like Trump and to borrow from soupslam, if Mayor Pete was to get the Dem nomination, the 3-man debates of both the presidential nominees and their running mates would figure to be great entertainment.

Boom goes the dynamite.

13 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

No sir. They modeled it awarding more weight to the places that most voted Democrat for President and Governor in 2016 and 2018. 

Listen here mister pedantic smarty pants....

Image result for flip bird run away gif

18 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

What about Pete is fiscally conservative?

cheese and rice, people. Pete "won" by a tenth of a percentage point and lost the popular vote and is going to get, pardon the expression, butt-raped in New Hampshire, probably Nevada and almost certainly in SC.  Long way to go for everybody.