Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

Game Thread: Iowa vs USA 2020

2 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

He polls well with black voters, but he polled well with Iowans for almost a year until it got close to show time. I think Biden’s support among black voters is a mirage. Now that everyone has started paying attention to this heretofore sleep inducing primary, they’re gonna see Joe for what he is as a candidate. And nobody thinks it’s good.

Do you think Biden would come out of a contested convention on top?

I dont know where they go. Pete's pulled at 0% with black voters and they completely rejected Bernie 4 years ago.

Maybe Sanders has made inroads since, but I still think Joe has a decent night in South Carolina. It's just a question as to how much he wins by.

I have no idea who would win a contested convention.  I definitely dont think Sanders would.  Biden or Pete would be a tough one for Democrats 

So which state is up next?

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

4 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

That’s how he describes himself

If he wasn’t anti-gun, I’d consider him. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

57 minutes ago, toonkee said:

cheese and rice, people. Pete "won" by a tenth of a percentage point and lost the popular vote and is going to get, pardon the expression, butt-raped in New Hampshire, probably Nevada and almost certainly in SC.  Long way to go for everybody.

Mayor Pete seems to have seen a polling bounce in New Hampshire from the coverage the last couple days and I think he's in a good place in there.  If I were a Klobuchar or Biden supporter in NH, I'd be thinking strategically about how to vote next Tuesday.  Do you vote for your preferred candidate after seeing the results in Iowa or for the least offensive of the top three? At least in Iowa, the non-viable candidate voters went disproportionately to Buttigieg.  With the mayor sucking up all the media oxygen right now I think he has a good shot of peeling off supporters from those two.  

I'm really curious to see how Warren does in New Hampshire.  Do her supporters believe she can beat Bernie?  If not, where do her supporters go?  Sanders seems like the obvious choice, but I think she has a pretty decent number of well-off, well-educated supporters that are never Bernies.  

The story so far:

In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

2 hours ago, toonkee said:

cheese and rice, people. Pete "won" by a tenth of a percentage point and lost the popular vote and is going to get, pardon the expression, butt-raped in New Hampshire, probably Nevada and almost certainly in SC.  Long way to go for everybody.

Pete didn't win anything.  First of all why is the media using a useless statistic that no one understands ... SDEs ... to determine the winner?  Not the popular vote, not delegates, but SDEs.  Give me a break.  Secondly they haven't finished counting ... excuse me, I should say that they haven't released the data yet but we know that Bernie won the popular vote and they'll probably get the same number of delegates.  Pete winning Iowa is fake news. 

18 hours ago, easybronc said:

Pete didn't win anything.  First of all why is the media using a useless statistic that no one understands ... SDEs ... to determine the winner?  Not the popular vote, not delegates, but SDEs.  Give me a break.  Secondly they haven't finished counting ... excuse me, I should say that they haven't released the data yet but we know that Bernie won the popular vote and they'll probably get the same number of delegates.  Pete winning Iowa is fake news. 

Because that's always how Iowa has determined its winners, and it's how delegates get awarded.

I agree that a system where we ignore the popular vote and give rural voters disproportionate power is a stupid one, but  just like the electoral college it's the rule

7 minutes ago, sebasour said:

Because that's always how Iowa has determined its winners, and it's how delegates get awarded.

I agree that a system where we ignore the popular vote and give rural voters disproportionate power is a stupid one, but  just like the electoral college it's the rule

They don’t give rural voters disproportionate power in Iowa. They give disproportionate power to places that reliably voted democrat in 2016 and 2018. Tough shit if your people didn’t show up back then Bernie.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

21 hours ago, easybronc said:

Right on bro, we agree on something. After they declare Bernie the winner (as if anybody needed that) they will have effectively robbed Bernie of having the momentum of winning the caucus which is effed up

I found this on feelthebern.org

BERNIE SANDERS ON GUN POLICY

Overall, Bernie Sanders believes in a middle-ground solution in the national gun debate, saying in a recent interview:

“Folks who do not like guns [are] fine. But we have millions of people who are gun owners in this country — 99.9 percent of those people obey the law. I want to see real, serious debate and action on guns, but it is not going to take place if we simply have extreme positions on both sides. I think I can bring us to the middle.”

Gun Control: Gun control legislation should ultimately fall on individual states, with the exception of a federal ban on assault weapons and instant background checks to prevent firearms from finding their way into the hands of criminals and the mentally ill.

16 minutes ago, Rocket said:

Is he anti gun? 

Yes. As are all the Democrats, which is why none of them will get my vote.

https://resources.peteforamerica.com/documents/PFA_Gun_policy_prevention_white_paper.pdf

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg