Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spaztecs

Aztec new coaching hires

54 minutes ago, Lobo Amor said:

How do you feel about this hire after losing both Rocky and Arnett? Is he going to continue the 3-3-5?

Yes, Mattix is a 3-3-5 guy, though not a Rocky disciple. It will be interesting to see his take on the scheme. Rocky rarely made the wrong call. That is something very difficult to replace.

Based on one of the articles, Brady told the applicants he wanted to keep the scheme and the playbook on both sides of the ball. Easier for a dozen coaches to learn the system than an entire team.

It's about continuity, but a different approach on the offensive side. Jeff Horton is the asst HC, as opposed to a play caller. Brad wants Horton to challenge him and advise him. Brady is the Ball Coach, but JH will be his CEO.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

So much to be resolved in spring ball starting Mar 2. Lots of goats here hoping Brady ( not Brad) will fail. Great senior class has to absorb Rocky and Arnett’s departure. Will Brady Hokes new staff win over the team ? Oh, we shall see. Wish we played Boise this year . 

9 hours ago, Lobo Amor said:

How do you feel about this hire after losing both Rocky and Arnett? Is he going to continue the 3-3-5?

Good to very good hire. Nobody will replace Rocky, simple yet happy he is still coaching and will always support both of those guys.

You finally scored what you have needed since he left. Glad to see the progress at NM!

2 hours ago, ph90702 said:

He couldn’t get it done at Michigan.  He’s a LOSER!!!

Apparently you have no idea about that situ in Michoacán (National Champions of Inflated Self Worth) . And Obviously (perhaps Geographical ignorance has something to do with it) you wouldn't know a thing about the sport as your program has never experienced winning.

Loud obnoxious noise emitted from a fan of a HS D-1 coach.

Personally, I love this hire.

1 hour ago, Rev McQuervo said:

Apparently you have no idea about that situ in Michoacán (National Champions of Inflated Self Worth) . And Obviously (perhaps Geographical ignorance has something to do with it) you wouldn't know a thing about the sport as your program has never experienced winning.

Loud obnoxious noise emitted from a fan of a HS D-1 coach.

Personally, I love this hire.

I wanted Tony Sanchez gone.  I wasn’t a fan.