Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at Colorado State

13 minutes ago, brillio said:

Keep crying baby. We own you fools still. You lost double digits to a team with no returning starters. That’s gotta hurt. And we’re getting better attendance than you guys still. 

who's crying? lol. Why are there so many Reno fans in this thread white-knighting MWC officiating? UNLV is still 60-30 all-time against Sun Valley Trailerpark University. UNLV is starting two walk-ons on this Frankenstein patch-work team while you guys are getting carried by Muss left-overs. Looking forward to Alford's 145th ranked recruiting classes replacing those guys. Reno will be back to their 1500 fans/game 30-year average attendance in no time. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

For all of those complaining about the officiating, maybe UNLV should learn how to defend without fouling.  Coming into the game, CSU fouled the least of any MWC team and are one of the best in the country at not fouling.  UNLV fouls more than any other team.  The free throw disparity should not be a surprise.

38 minutes ago, brillio said:

Just responding to him saying we all jumped off the wagon after Muss left 

gotcha.. it's a shame, too, because after Kruger left, and in Rice's first year or two we averaged 16,000 a game. It was a steady decline every year after, including the first couple of months of this season. Hopefully the fans will come back in the next couple of years, but it will take a while.

hopefully your fans stick around..

4 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

For all of those complaining about the officiating, maybe UNLV should learn how to defend without fouling.  Coming into the game, CSU fouled the least of any MWC team and are one of the best in the country at not fouling.  UNLV fouls more than any other team.  The free throw disparity should not be a surprise.

I was just watching part of the girls' game, and dang, they were pretty much letting them play over there, they blew the whistle when they needed to.

28 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

How’s the knee? Looks like it didn’t keep you down long

A few quick comments on the game.

UNLV was the most physical MWC team we’ve seen in Moby this year. That along with UNLV’s patience on the offensive end had the tempo in the Rebels’ favor for a good chunk of the first half.  Rams couldnt get any kind of pace until late in the half when Isaiah Stevens and Kendle Moore took the game over with their speed.  Rams adjusted well in the second half to UNLV’s tough inside play, especially David Roddy.  

CSU plays really well at Moby. Given how UNLV was rested coming off a BYE, I thought it was going to be much closer than it turned out. Our bench really delivered in the second half.

12 minutes ago, Cheek Patch said:

How’s the knee? Looks like it didn’t keep you down long

Its my hip actually. And its doing great. I walked down the stairs to get court side after the game.

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

Pretty amazing that we are as efficient offensively as we are.

5F0A31E7-E4B7-421F-A80F-1C2281604E6C.jpeg

Thanks for going through all my past posts. I’m living in your head rent free 

The reset is still very much in play. I don’t believe that Hardy Ever really bought in and EML isn’t in sync yet and still tbt if he buys in especially with his new roll. Today looked in every way like early December. I expect TJ to be @#$&*!

I agree that CSU very well might be the 2nd best team in the league. 

I also had mentioned that if UNLV could go 1-3 in their next four games that would be a huge win for them. Well, they're 0-3 so far with a trip to Logan. It doesn't look like that will happen. They padded their record with a super easy early conference schedule

9 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

I agree that CSU very well might be the 2nd best team in the league. 

I also had mentioned that if UNLV could go 1-3 in their next four games that would be a huge win for them. Well, they're 0-3 so far with a trip to Logan. It doesn't look like that will happen. They padded their record with a super easy early conference schedule

True to an extent. Those losses against the other second place contenders were all on the road and UNLV will get to return the favors in Vegas.

UNLV just needs to stay out of SDSU's side of the bracket. Whatever the seed.