Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thatsmymammy

CSU VS Nevada

7 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

I thought Stevens was going to the rim and was hoping he'd get to the line.  A Freshman.  Damn!!

He usually shoots about an 8’ runner in that situation. Johnson cut him off and forced him to shoot a jumper.  Its Isaiah’s 3rd buzzer beater. two resulted in wins. The third got negated by Tulsa in a Hail Mary in a game CSU won in the3rd OT.

Nevada covered the 4 points.

WOW. What a game. Nevada men's basketball falls in a last second buzzer beater to Colorado State 92-91.

Jalen Harris has a monster second half and finishes with 31 points, 5 rebounds, and 7 assists.

Next up the Pack will travel to Boise State and take on the Broncos this Saturday.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

1 minute ago, Swoll Cracker said:

He usually shoots about an 8’ runner in that situation. Johnson cut him off and forced him to shoot a jumper.  Its Isaiah’s 3rd buzzer beater. two resulted in wins. The third got negated by Tulsa in a Hail Mary in a game CSU won in the3rd OT.

Something that was really cool IMO.  Stevens sank the shot and immediately ran to the student section to celebrate.  That's how I think it should work.

You know what else is cool?  This game was won by underclassmen.  Barely, but they did it.

10 minutes ago, Poster17 said:

Such a great win for CSU!!!  Hope they party for days after this one :hookah:  :cheers:.  Rebels need all the help they can get to pull out a W Saturday.  

I’m really looking forward to the game on Saturday.  It was no fun having to stay home and watch last night’s game on the computer.  I expect to be good to go by Saturday.

11 hours ago, sjsbuff said:

He hit a really tough shot over a taller defender with about 5 seconds left.  Great stuff.  On the flip side, I don't get the "shush" that players always seem to do when trying to "shut up" opposing fans.  FFS, the game wasn't over!  Not having a dog in this fight, honestly, I therefore think it's sort of karmic that Nevada ended up losing this game... 

I did have a dog in the fight, but I agree. I know people do that to opposing fans, but I've always hated that. 

Overall, this was a great "learning what it takes to win" game. Against USU, we started to collapse late and USU's talent took over the game and made it insurmountable.Last night, with about 8 minutes left , we just started fouling nearly every possession, getting into the bonus, and fell behind by 10. I thought we were in for deja vu but CSU reversed the script, found a way to get back in it, and ultimately had a freshman make the winning shot. Pretty cool to watch these young teams learn and react on the fly. Can be frustrating too, but last night was fun. Tough loss for Nevada so I feel for you guys. 

15 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Something that was really cool IMO.  Stevens sank the shot and immediately ran to the student section to celebrate.  That's how I think it should work.

You know what else is cool?  This game was won by underclassmen.  Barely, but they did it.

I hate to admit it, but the rams young guys are going to be a problem in this league for awhile. I really like Roddys game. Medved is building a solid team down there. I think they win comfortably against UNLV Saturday, rebels aren’t the same on the road. Hell, they needed OT to beat the pokes.

39 minutes ago, wyo 1 said:

I hate to admit it, but the rams young guys are going to be a problem in this league for awhile. I really like Roddys game. Medved is building a solid team down there. I think they win comfortably against UNLV Saturday, rebels aren’t the same on the road. Hell, they needed OT to beat the pokes.

I hope you’re right about UNLV. I’m a bit worried with them on a BYE.

As for where Medved has the CSU program, Wyoming will have the same opportunity to hire a coach to rebuild.  It is unfathomable to me that WYO is now a 300 level program. Time for them to get back to the Top 100 and help build this current edition of the MWC back into a great basketball conference.

3 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

I hope you’re right about UNLV. I’m a bit worried with them on a BYE.

As for where Medved has the CSU program, Wyoming will have the same opportunity to hire a coach to rebuild.  It is unfathomable to me that WYO is now a 300 level program. Time for them to get back to the Top 100 and help build this current edition of the MWC back into a great basketball conference.

It’s unreal to me how bad these last two years have been. I live 100 miles west of Laramie, and if the roads are open, I’m there. This year has been a different story, season ticket holder for 20 plus years and I don’t like to admit that I have missed more games this year in probably the last 10 combined. We are just horrible. I wish I was more confident in Burman to make a great hire, but who knows, he once gave Schroyer a extension so my fingers are crossed.

19 hours ago, Lester_in_reno said:

Nevada covered the 4 points.

WOW. What a game. Nevada men's basketball falls in a last second buzzer beater to Colorado State 92-91.

Jalen Harris has a monster second half and finishes with 31 points, 5 rebounds, and 7 assists.

Next up the Pack will travel to Boise State and take on the Broncos this Saturday.

Game is Boise is huge for both teams

4 hours ago, wyo 1 said:

Agreed. A lot to be excited about if you're a Ram. I think Isaiah Stevens wins FOTY over Orlando Robinson

20 hours ago, Chrysis said:

This hurts more than it should. Can't buy a damn road win this year 

Road wins are hard to come by in the MW this year. Outside SDSU and Wyoming the home team wins almost all of the games

4 hours ago, wyo 1 said:

It’s unreal to me how bad these last two years have been. I live 100 miles west of Laramie, and if the roads are open, I’m there. This year has been a different story, season ticket holder for 20 plus years and I don’t like to admit that I have missed more games this year in probably the last 10 combined. We are just horrible. I wish I was more confident in Burman to make a great hire, but who knows, he once gave Schroyer a extension so my fingers are crossed.

I hear you, I live in Laramie and can’t seem to make many games. It’s depressing.