Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Spartans Athletics: Their stadium is almost unbelievable.

25 minutes ago, dudleyDgroot said:

So inaccurate!

Exactly. What I said was there were no longer any wooden bench seats in Spartan Stadium, which is 100% true. This was my statement in response to the tired jokes about people getting splinters in their rear ends. I never said anything regarding the steps. We now have our favorite Fresno State fans re-appearing on this board (after hiding out for months in order to avoid having to face the music of their football team’s poor showing in 2019), spreading falsehoods of what I wrote, and making the unsubstantiated claim that the east stands were removed for safety issues (and providing no documentation to back up that claim).

So, I challenge our recently absent friends to provide proof that I ever made any statement about there being no wooden steps in Spartan Stadium, or provide any documentation or official statement from SJSU or any other entity that the east side seats were removed due to safety issues.

Champ Logo.jpg

19 minutes ago, Mike Morgan said:

Exactly. What I said was there were no longer any wooden bench seats in Spartan Stadium, which is 100% true. This was my statement in response to the tired jokes about people getting splinters in their rear ends. I never said anything regarding the steps. We now have our favorite Fresno State fans re-appearing on this board (after hiding out for months in order to avoid having to face the music of their football team’s poor showing in 2019), spreading falsehoods of what I wrote, and making the unsubstantiated claim that the east stands were removed for safety issues (and providing no documentation to back up that claim).

So, I challenge our recently absent friends to provide proof that I ever made any statement about there being no wooden steps in Spartan Stadium, or provide any documentation or official statement from SJSU or any other entity that the east side seats were removed due to safety issues.

Mike, what I said is that an ESPN announcer said that. I don’t know if it’s true, but I doubt he made that up for no reason. It was said during the Fresno State vs SJSU game in 2019. I briefly looked for a video of the game, but all I found was a condensed game. If you can link me, I’ll watch it again to hear the moment it was said. It was an awful game after your Dirty, cheap shot LB knocked out our QB out of bounds, but I’ll watch it again. 

What he said makes sense. Why in the world would SJSU destroy half their seats before the season started without actually starting construction on moving the sound system/electricity? It’s been over 2 months since the season ended and there isn’t a single construction truck at Spartan Stadium. It doesn’t add up. Look at the facts. Take off your homer glasses for once. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

2 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Mike, what I said is that an ESPN announcer said that. I don’t know if it’s true, but I doubt he made that up for no reason. It was said during the Fresno State vs SJSU game in 2019. I briefly looked for a video of the game, but all I found was a condensed game. If you can link me, I’ll watch it again to hear the moment it was said. It was an awful game after your Dirty, cheap shot LB knocked out our QB out of bounds, but I’ll watch it again. 

What he said makes sense. Why in the world would SJSU destroy half their seats before the season started without actually starting construction on moving the sound system/electricity? It’s been over 2 months since the season ended and there isn’t a single construction truck at Spartan Stadium. It doesn’t add up. Look at the facts. Take off your homer glasses for once. 

You made the false claim on this site last summer that the City of San Jose condemned the east side stands, and you  provided no proof to back up that claim. 

And please spare us the tears about your crappy QB getting hurt. You’re just pissed that your prediction of SJSU never beating Fresno State again in football didn’t even last one game. Heck, you weren’t even willing to man-up and appear on this site for months. That’s been your MO for years. You hide when things get tough. Same goes for Cinc-less.

Champ Logo.jpg

1 hour ago, Mike Morgan said:

You made the false claim on this site last summer that the City of San Jose condemned the east side stands, and you  provided no proof to back up that claim. 

And please spare us the tears about your crappy QB getting hurt. You’re just pissed that your prediction of SJSU never beating Fresno State again in football didn’t even last one game. Heck, you weren’t even willing to man-up and appear on this site for months. That’s been your MO for years. You hide when things get tough. Same goes for Cinc-less.

It was a tough year. No doubt. Our team was garbage because our HC was having a medically challenging year, and you still needed a cheap shot to win the game. 

You’re also not remembering my post correctly. I posted that a few SJSU professors said that the east side was condemned and therefore SJSU was forced to destroy the seats. It was just a rumor being circled around. Like all rumors, it may be true or it might not. As time passes, I’m believing the rumor more and more. 

10 minutes ago, Mike Morgan said:

Doesn’t add up Mike. 

If new seating isn’t finished before the start of the ‘20 season, did it make sense to demolish all those seats before the ‘19 season?

It was built in 1933, so who knows what was used to make the hill. They’ve said there are removing the hill this offseason and doing the scoreboard. 

New stadium sketches look more in line with what SJSU needs, probably will be closer to 25k.

FBOpsBuilding_1.jpg

6 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Stunner,

This has been discussed several times. I’ll give you the facts and not the SJSU PR fluff. SJSU has had plans to build a football complex that has been discussed for nearly a decade, but they’ve been unable to raise the funds. About 2 years ago they changed gears and moved it from the end-zone to the east side. The administration then came out with some sketches that illustrated the entire east side of the stadium would be renovated. Problem was, they still hadn’t raised the funds. 

Fast forward to last year, their top fundraiser is suspiciously forced to step down, they hold a ground breaking, destroy their seats, and claim a timeline of 4 years to rebuild the seats and build the complex. Problem is, they still don’t have the funds to rebuild, but hope they can do so in that time frame. Originally, their administration claimed the berm would be removed this month. Now that timeline is suspected to have been pushed to May. No word from their administration.  

As a side note, an ESPN announcer said during a broadcast that SJSU was forced to destroy the seats for “safety reasons”. SJSU fans will claim that they were destroyed in order to move infrastructure- but none of this makes sense. Why destroy the seats without actually starting any construction? I believe the ESPN announcer has it right. The seats were probably unsafe (see Mugs photos when he visited) so the administration destroyed them without the funds to begin construction on replacing them. 

I hope the SJSU administration gets this done. They have a reputation for announcing projects for which they don’t have plans to complete. The golf complex was never completed. The softball field still doesn’t have seats. They destroyed their track and their baseball Field without ever replacing them. 

To end, here’s a graphic that highlights SJSU’s fundraising woes

C3C6D74B-39D3-4578-B92A-64D4F7DAF5D0.jpeg

sjm-sjsuad-0520-06.jpg?w=810

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

It was built in 1933, so who knows what was used to make the hill. They’ve said there are removing the hill this offseason and doing the scoreboard. 

New stadium sketches look more in line with what SJSU needs, probably will be closer to 25k.

FBOpsBuilding_1.jpg

That is such a weird stadium design.  

8 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Stunner,

This has been discussed several times. I’ll give you the facts and not the SJSU PR fluff. SJSU has had plans to build a football complex that has been discussed for nearly a decade, but they’ve been unable to raise the funds. About 2 years ago they changed gears and moved it from the end-zone to the east side. The administration then came out with some sketches that illustrated the entire east side of the stadium would be renovated. Problem was, they still hadn’t raised the funds. 

Fast forward to last year, their top fundraiser is suspiciously forced to step down, they hold a ground breaking, destroy their seats, and claim a timeline of 4 years to rebuild the seats and build the complex. Problem is, they still don’t have the funds to rebuild, but hope they can do so in that time frame. Originally, their administration claimed the berm would be removed this month. Now that timeline is suspected to have been pushed to May. No word from their administration.  

As a side note, an ESPN announcer said during a broadcast that SJSU was forced to destroy the seats for “safety reasons”. SJSU fans will claim that they were destroyed in order to move infrastructure- but none of this makes sense. Why destroy the seats without actually starting any construction? I believe the ESPN announcer has it right. The seats were probably unsafe (see Mugs photos when he visited) so the administration destroyed them without the funds to begin construction on replacing them. 

I hope the SJSU administration gets this done. They have a reputation for announcing projects for which they don’t have plans to complete. The golf complex was never completed. The softball field still doesn’t have seats. They destroyed their track and their baseball Field without ever replacing them. 

To end, here’s a graphic that highlights SJSU’s fundraising woes

C3C6D74B-39D3-4578-B92A-64D4F7DAF5D0.jpeg

So you're telling me that Fresno State receives $1.3 million more than BSU in fundraising? Interesting. I was told that the additional revenue BSU receives from the TV contract is the only reason BSU has the best football program.

11 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

FBOpsBuilding_1.jpg

Looks like they have enough parking close by for all of the fans.

And from theAthletic:

The major work will begin Dec. 1, when crews will start tearing down the entire east side of the stadium and removing the large hill those bleachers were built on. That will last until about mid-March as they haul away a massive amount of dirt and the first shovels for the new building are expected in the ground by next summer. Construction will occur during the 2020-22 seasons with the goal of being ready by 2023.

https://theathletic.com/1172474/2019/08/30/why-a-grassy-hill-represents-hope-for-a-san-jose-state-program-in-need-of-progress-on-and-off-the-field/

10 hours ago, Danimaji said:

So you're telling me that Fresno State receives $1.3 million more than BSU in fundraising? Interesting. I was told that the additional revenue BSU receives from the TV contract is the only reason BSU has the best football program.

CALNow probably puts those two programs about even.  :coffeecomputer:

2 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

CALNow probably puts those two programs about even.  :coffeecomputer:

OT for this thread I know. But, Title IX has been hitting Boise too.

BSU needs to figure out where the additional money side of Title IX will come from.

A 2019 article said:

Boise State did not, however, meet the proportionality standard for the second part of Title IX compliance as it relates to scholarship aid, showing a 2.1 percent advantage to its male student-athletes....................

.......Facility upgrades for softball, women’s soccer and beach volleyball as well as improved women’s locker rooms for many sports will require significant funding, but the university has not yet put a monetary figure to those needs. The softball and soccer facilities are in need of lights, Apsey said, and a video board could be added for soccer and artificial turf for the softball team at Dona Larsen Park. Apsey concedes the installation of lights and a video board in time for the 2019 soccer season, which starts in August, isn’t a realistic timetable, but a decision on the subject is imminent. “I don’t think we can wait very long. We’ve got to make a decision on what we’re going to do,” Apsey said. “... I could certainly see us making this realistic by the next season.”

Boise State could face more Title IX concerns once the baseball program begins play in 2020 and potentially moves into a new stadium in 2021.

https://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/college/mountain-west/boise-state-university/article231454908.html

4 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Lots of deceiving information is being given out by their administration. It amazes me that some individuals continue to eat it all up and even regurgitate it here. 

16 hours ago, Danimaji said:

In the past, Fresno State was one of the top G-5 schools in the nation in terms of scholarship fundraising. Those numbers were shattered by our old AD Thomas Boeh and the DeRuyter years killed it even more. They had a pretty successful year last year of growing it back to where it should be. 

BDS.jpeg.b92a1351cc7ee6a0de0c311059007356.jpeg