Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

k5james

Historic day for SDSU

49 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

I will miss Qualcomm and its Brutalist 1950's Russian architecture charm.  I still have a touch of swamp fungal infection on my toe from the rain puddling underneath my seat.  We'll still all carry fond memories of Phillip Rivers throwing late interceptions to seal a defeat.

Farewell old friend.

I have a lot of great memories from the Murph. Started going there all the way back when it opened in ‘67 as a kid. Aztecs under Coryell, the Fouts years, saw every home game Faulk played there, the ‘94 season going to the Super Bowl, watching T. Gwynn all those years, some great Holiday Bowls back in the day, saw the last Pads game there. Some great soccer games. Saw a lot of not-so-good stuff too. That’s life. Elated about SDSU West but still sad. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

I'll miss the Q.  My first (and only) Aztec game there was vs UNLV in 2012.  I also went to three Poinsettia Bowls (2013, 2015 and 2016)

1 hour ago, fanhood said:

I dropped a can of wd40 into the wheels.of bureaucracy. B)

After reading the article I couldn't help but wonder where is the tailgating going to be located ?  Sandy Eggo is the greatest tailgate town in the world.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

1 hour ago, jdgaucho said:

I'll miss the Q.  My first (and only) Aztec game there was vs UNLV in 2012.  I also went to three Poinsettia Bowls (2013, 2015 and 2016)

The Q was garbage.  There was little to nothing that was good about that place.  I can't wait for Aztec fans to finally return to a home they can call their own.

1 hour ago, East Coast Aztec said:

The Q was garbage.  There was little to nothing that was good about that place.  I can't wait for Aztec fans to finally return to a home they can call their own.

And not have to deal with the Chargers or the city...

2 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Yeah but so was Candlestick Park, and I have some great memories of that place.

2 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

It might have been  garbage, but it was where I went to my first SDSU game and first bowl games.  I am looking forward to the new stadium.

4 hours ago, fanhood said:

JFC dude, let it go. congrats!  you now have a 100 year olf public university with a $250 million endowment and a $350milin dollar stadium debt.  Who could possibly be opposed to such outstanding fiscal stewardship?

You took thel argest single donation to the university ($15million) and are applying it to the stadium.  Another 25 more of those and you'll be in the black!

Education?"  What's that?

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

8 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

JFC dude, let it go. congrats!  you now have a 100 year olf public university with a $250 million endowment and a $350milin dollar stadium debt.  Who could possibly be opposed to such outstanding fiscal stewardship?

You took thel argest single donation to the university ($15million) and are applying it to the stadium.  Another 25 more of those and you'll be in the black!

$350M isn't for the stadium soccer boy.  That's to purchase the land, build the river park and develop the campus expansion.  That will be paid off by the development...exactly like your soccer bros planned to do.

Just now, k5james said:

$350M isn't for the stadium soccer boy.  That's to purchase the land, build the river park and develop the campus expansion.  That will be paid off by the development...exactly like your soccer bros planned to do.

LOL@ "campus expansion".  Not a single phucking student will ever. EV-VER attend a class in Mission Valley.  This is about a stadium and generating revenue to pay for it and the cash to pay off the cronies and corrupt state bureaucrats.  Plenty to go around for everyone to wet their beak.  Classrooms won't do that, nor will 6 POS MWC games /yr.

You phuckwits make it hard to continue financially supporting your alma mater.

The venality, profligacy and corruption on display during this process is  truly breath taking.

So like I said, congrats.  Have a beer on me.

letter.jpg.2ff3a1fe49501b7c6935ee96fe5030f8.jpg

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

31 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

That wasn't the largest donation.  The largest went to student scholarships.  Most of your post is inaccurate "facts" or pure opinions.  Perhaps stick to shooty hoops?