Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PTR

UNM softball player shot at a party hosted by JaQuan Lyle

1 hour ago, PTR said:

That's rough. I'm sorry to hear that. There are areas in Albuquerque that are truly beautiful and safe and in many ways it is a unique and interesting place to visit, but there are a disproportionate  number of murders and violent crimes here. 

That's unfortunate.  As Boise grows, so does the crime.  Still not that bad........  

down in a hole.jpg

1 hour ago, PTR said:

That's rough. I'm sorry to hear that. There are areas in Albuquerque that are truly beautiful and safe and in many ways it is a unique and interesting place to visit, but there are a disproportionate  number of murders and violent crimes here. 

Meth

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

5 hours ago, PTR said:

It also appears to be a coordinated and promoted party in which admission may have been charged. Did Lyle make money off of this? Even if there wasn't a shooting at the party, there are significant eligibility questions regarding Lyle. Also, in the era of social media, it seems to me that it would be highly unlikely that someone on Weir's staff didn't know about this party. At this point, I hope UNM starts looking at Weir's contract and what termination for cause would look like. 

Seems like this happens throughout the country.That is...in the interest of showing a recruit a good time on a recruiting visit, parties are a common occurrence.

Not speaking specifically to this particular party...but, I'm wondering who organizes these things? Are staff involved? As we all know, showing a recruit a fun time is part of the recruiting game.

43 minutes ago, LoboSage said:

Seems like this happens throughout the country.That is...in the interest of showing a recruit a good time on a recruiting visit, parties are a common occurrence.

Not speaking specifically to this particular party...but, I'm wondering who organizes these things? Are staff involved? As we all know, showing a recruit a fun time is part of the recruiting game.

It definitely does. I don't think it's normal to have a starting player rent an air bnb and possibly be involved in making money off the party in a clear violation of NCAA policy. If they can show that coaching staff are involved, Weir is done. 

PTR and Sage continue to be the best Lobo posters. I leave for a year, come back and its still the same.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

12 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

I was recently diagnosed with dyslexia. All my life I thought the 2nd was about the right to Arm Bears.

11 hours ago, Dirtball said:

PTR and Sage continue to be the best Lobo posters. I leave for a year, come back and its still the same.

The board misses you...but sometime life gets in the way. Congrats on your Aztecs.

UNM doesn't have a ton of posters on this board but they are all pretty reasonable and contribute positively.

59, Amor, Hoser, Seba, Swede and Sean are all good Lobos' fans and represent well.

On a side note...I see 'Blast posting on the Lair occasionally.

I have enjoyed this venue for many years and will continue to do so. This is the best message board around. Very well administered.

14 hours ago, Dirtball said:

You... hurt... me.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

1 hour ago, LoboSage said:

UNM doesn't have a ton of posters on this board but they are all pretty reasonable and contribute positively.

59, Amor, Hoser, Seba, Swede and Sean are all good Lobos' fans and represent well.

On a side note...I see 'Blast posting on the Lair occasionally.

I have enjoyed this venue for many years and will continue to do so. This is the best message board around. Very well administered.

Yes, blast is posting again there, and his posts have contributed greatly to the subject matter of the threads he posts in. Told him it was good to see him posting again there.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

On 1/28/2020 at 11:42 AM, nielsbohr said:

With Lyle out these last couple of games, UNM has looked way more like a team than it ever did with him on the floor.  Yes, he's talented, but just has such poor basketball sense and it sounds like just sense in general.  Vance Jackson, however, is a guy that the Lobos need back ASAP.

If he chooses to play another year at UNM, I could really see Vance emerging as a leader on the team. Hope he gets healthy. No word on if Lyle is suspended tonight. It would be a terrible look for UNM if there's no punishment. 

14 hours ago, Dirtball said:

Hope everything is going well! I hibernated from this board for a long period myself. Glad you're back.

24 minutes ago, PTR said:

Hope everything is going well! I hibernated from this board for a long period myself. Glad you're back.

I just have to do MWC Board in small doses. Cant let message boards consume me again lol.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

On 1/27/2020 at 7:13 PM, sebasour said:

I don't see how this is Lyle's fault

Lulz. It's not really that difficult you know... he rented the aBnB, as evidenced by the fact it is his name that appears on the rental agreement. He then proceeded to host a party for which admission was charged, and at which minors were admitted and served alcohol, and at which two people were shot.

He is every bit as responsible for every infraction of law and resultant consequences on-site as you or I would be if we had hosted a party at our respective homes under the same conditions.

Now that we've established an accountability baseline... :rolleyes:

According to Zeigler's article in today's U-T:

- The MBB team charted back from Reno that night, which in turn allowed several MBB players to attend the party. You know - the one hosted by a teammate at which multiple laws were broken and two people were shot? This cost the school approx. $15000 over staying in Reno overnight and flying home commercial the next day. Money well spent!:Clapping:

- There were FB recruits making official visits also at the party. You know - the one hosted by a MBB player at which multiple laws were broken and two people were shot? I bet Rocky's stoked he stepped into this cow patty of a program.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

28 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I bet Rocky's stoked he stepped into this cow patty of a program.

This last sentence smacks of bitterness that Rocky is here instead of there.

The Lobo football program is one of the lone bright spots in all of Lobos athletics right now.

Men's basketball is a mess as we all know.

Women's coach (basketball) is involved with player defections and has been accused by former players of abuse. W-L column is not where it has been in recent years.

Baseball has fallen on hard times record wise the last few years.

Stick with us MWC brethren. Don't kick us out yet. Sooner...rather than later, UNM will be back at or near the top with these programs.