Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RogueStout

Fresno State is a barely above .500 Football Program

9 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

You are right, my apologies.

We should get back to the topic at hand.

@halfmanhalfbronco, can you weigh in on Fresno sucking?

I would love to, Rogue.

The thing about Fresno is that their "success" constitutes what a good program would deem average, par, not noteworthy in the least.  In the past 20 years they have finished in the top 25 twice, 14 years apart.  A top 25 year every decade and a half and Buldog fans think they are a "peer" to Boise.  They are not our peer.  Boise has done more in the last 3 years than Fresno has done in 20 and these last three years are just "meh" for Boise.

Then we get to the city of Fresno itself.  Every breath of air in that town is toxic.  The smell is nauseating.  The architecture bland and gross.  The people barely speak English.  It is considered the dumbest, dirtiest town in America.  Why talk about the city?  Because it is core to who and what Fresno is.  They will never be able to recruit California the way Boise can, because they have to convince kids to spend 4 years in that dump.  They are as good as they will ever be as a program.

@TheTedfordTrain plays like a bitch.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I would love to, Rogue.

The thing about Fresno is that their "success" constitutes what a good program would deem average, par, not noteworthy in the least.  In the past 20 years they have finished in the top 25 twice, 14 years apart.  A top 25 year every decade and a half and Buldog fans think they are a "peer" to Boise.  They are not our peer.  Boise has done more in the last 3 years than Fresno has done in 20 and these last three years are just "meh" for Boise.

Then we get to the city of Fresno itself.  Every breath of air in that town is toxic.  The smell is nauseating.  The architecture bland and gross.  The people barely speak English.  It is considered the dumbest, dirtiest town in America.  Why talk about the city?  Because it is core to who and what Fresno is.  They will never be able to recruit California the way Boise can, because they have to convince kids to spend 4 years in that dump.  They are as good as they will ever be as a program.

That's all you got?  I was hoping for something a little more inspired.  And yet I am left with this same self-indulgent diatribe from a Bronco front running bandwagon fan who has been regurgitating the same small minded and vindictive dis-information that I have heard countless times from you in the past about the bulldogs.  I doubt you have ever lived in Fresno or let alone spent much time in California so your opinion regarding these areas is of little value or importance.  I hope your health has improved.  sincerely, SB

P.S.  Oh I forgot to mention what a chickenshit closet Fresno State football fan you are turning into.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I would love to, Rogue.

"The people barely speak English"

Not racist at all...

BDS.jpeg.b92a1351cc7ee6a0de0c311059007356.jpeg

As much as I love and respect Pat Hill, I would take the roller coaster ride we've been on these last 10 years over being 7-5/8-4 with zero conference championships, constant moral victories, and being Boise's whipping boy (57-7/61-10/51-0). Hill will forever be a Fresno State legend for getting our brand on the map, but he could never take us to the next level. This team is one good coach away from taking that next step and I'm bummed it wasn't Tedford because he brought toughness back to Bulldog football. I hope that with Tedford still working behind the scenes for support that coach DeBoer can take that next step and he sticks around to build some much needed consistency.   

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg