Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RogueStout

Fresno State is a barely above .500 Football Program

from 2010-2019, the Bulldogs went 68-62, netting a .523 winning percentage (thank you r/cfb).

I mean, that's fine for a middling program, but dog fans have been telling us how great they are for YEARS, and I just don't see it.

Their typical MO is to have a really nice year or two, then absolutely TANK, losing to their primary Rival SJSU, who is without question the Conference pariah. Their fans are so delusional they buy themselves championship rings and act like they are on the team.

Honestly, if anyone fits the bill of the typical AAC program, it's Fresno State, no doubt about it. A lot of big talk, a few flash in the pan seasons, then right back to the mean; average at best.

I say we drop this Boise State to the AAC garbage and start figuring out how to get the Bulldogs to that Conference where they will fit in a little better. 

For reference, Fresno is right between Troy and Memphis for winning percentage in the last decade. Maybe they partner up with Troy and see about getting in? 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

Idea — let’s boot Fresno out so they can join the AAC as a football only with oly sports in the WAC. Then we can cancel Boise’s term sheet but then compensate them with all the tv and travel subs Fresno would have received over the next 20 years. Everyone wins, get Hair on the phone!!!!

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Fresno fb lives on the extremes. It's a boom or bust cycle for them. They rarely perform to their mean.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

12 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Idea — let’s boot Fresno out so they can join the AAC as a football only with oly sports in the WAC. Then we can cancel Boise’s term sheet but then compensate them with all the tv and travel subs Fresno would have received over the next 20 years. Everyone wins, get Hair on the phone!!!!

This is the type of bold, forward thinking, and out of the box angle that the MWC has been needing for many years.

I officially nominate BSUTOP25 for MWC commissioner. 

12 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

I think barely above average over 10 years truly is the mean. 

Over the ten year cycle, yes. Four seasons with 42 wins and 6 seasons with 26 wins indicates a boom and bust cycle. If you played to the avg or mean you would have had a whole mess of 5 to 7 win seasons.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

7 hours ago, RogueStout said:

Conference pariah.

This is an oxymoron

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

7 hours ago, RogueStout said:

from 2010-2019, the Bulldogs went 68-62, netting a .523 winning percentage (thank you r/cfb).

I mean, that's fine for a middling program, but dog fans have been telling us how great they are for YEARS, and I just don't see it.

Their typical MO is to have a really nice year or two, then absolutely TANK, losing to their primary Rival SJSU, who is without question the Conference pariah. Their fans are so delusional they buy themselves championship rings and act like they are on the team.

Honestly, if anyone fits the bill of the typical AAC program, it's Fresno State, no doubt about it. A lot of big talk, a few flash in the pan seasons, then right back to the mean; average at best.

I say we drop this Boise State to the AAC garbage and start figuring out how to get the Bulldogs to that Conference where they will fit in a little better. 

For reference, Fresno is right between Troy and Memphis for winning percentage in the last decade. Maybe they partner up with Troy and see about getting in? 

Yep, they are a poor man's UCF

The Vandals killed Pokey...

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

39 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Yeah it would be interesting to see the average and standard deviation.   Can you calculate that with your Boise Education? :BananaComputer:

I could but I think the burden of outlining Fresno’s pitiful performance should fall on a Bulldog poster.

5 hours ago, RogueStout said:

I could but I think the burden of outlining Fresno’s pitiful performance should fall on a Bulldog poster.

news flash, there is not one other school (besides Boise) that is currently a member of either the MWC or ACC conference that has a better all time winning percentage than Fresno and that includes BYU. There is also not one other school in either the MWC or ACC that has as many conference championships as Fresno with (28).

1 hour ago, SBBulldog85 said:

news flash, there is not one other school (besides Boise) that is currently a member of either the MWC or ACC conference that has a better all time winning percentage than Fresno and that includes BYU. There is also not one other school in either the MWC or ACC that has as many conference championships as Fresno with (28).

Cool.  We are talking about the last decade.  Congrats on the Cali buss league titles though.