Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

East Coast Aztec

CSU at USU

Hung tight for 30 minutes but Utah State just overpowered them down the stretch. Rams had no answer for San Merrill. I had this one for a loss so its no biggie.  Looking forward to the return game in Fort Collins in a few weeks.

7 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Hung tight for 30 minutes but Utah State just overpowered them down the stretch. Rams had no answer for San Merrill. I had this one for a loss so its no biggie.  Looking forward to the return game in Fort Collins in a few weeks.

Roddy has a good mentor with Carvacho to carve out his niche, because I think those little dudes y'all got are going to space defenses out very soon.  Rams are looking like they can be a very good team.  

2 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Roddy has a good mentor with Carvacho to carve out his niche, because I think those little dudes y'all got are going to space defenses out very soon.  Rams are looking like they can be a very good team.  

Those little guards are really quick and shifty. 

12 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

The program is headed in the right direction.  Two big home games coming up this week with Nevada and UNLV.  

Utah State got healthy during their bye. And other than 4 horrible minutes vs Boise, they’re killing it since then. I expect them to go on a run and to give SDSU a good game in Viejas.

ESPN's BPI is bullish on USU the rest of the way (from two days ago):

BPI prediction: 72% chance Utah State makes the tournament and 80% chance the Mountain West gets two teams into the tournament.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28538905/bpi-vs-bracketology-which-college-basketball-teams-leagues-buy-sell

1 hour ago, Swoll Cracker said:

The program is headed in the right direction.  Two big home games coming up this week with Nevada and UNLV.  

Utah State got healthy during their bye. And other than 4 horrible minutes vs Boise, they’re killing it since then. I expect them to go on a run and to give SDSU a good game in Viejas.

I really hope you are right about the Aggies - if we shoot like we did tonight (especially from 3) then we can raise hell with most teams. Problem is we have shot terrible most of the year. The conference really needs at least two teams in the tourney, with at least one going on a second weekend+ run. 

The Rams looked really good tonight - better than Boise or UNLV imo even though those guys both beat us. Their youth caught up in the 2nd half with some poor shot selection, but that is one team I have no interest in seeing in Vegas. Quick guards (the freshman guard is good), ball flying around on offense, Nico and the freshman PF playing solid inside, and #31 is a flamethrower from 3. The future seems very bright for CSU. 

9 hours ago, nielsbohr said:

ESPN's BPI is bullish on USU the rest of the way (from two days ago):

BPI prediction: 72% chance Utah State makes the tournament and 80% chance the Mountain West gets two teams into the tournament.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28538905/bpi-vs-bracketology-which-college-basketball-teams-leagues-buy-sell

Haha I'm not that bullish.  But the Aggies have the talent to pull it off if everyone is on top of their game the rest of the way.  Alfonso Anderson had a great game.  Play more physical and I've seen him play in a while.  I'm hoping he's turning the corner with his game and getting used to this speed.  The team does a little more healthy since the bye.