Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ibanez

Looks like Air Force is looking to leave the MWC as well.

Recommended Posts

My opinion is that the odds of Air Force leaving the MWC are much higher than Boise State.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BSUTOP25 said:

My opinion is that the odds of Air Force leaving the MWC are much higher than Boise State.

Yeah but I wouldn't trust the guys from MW Wire with a potato gun. I am have tempted to go look around the AAC board to find their source.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

My opinion is that the odds of Air Force leaving the MWC are much higher than Boise State.

Yep, they make more sense

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kingpotato said:

Yep, they make more sense

As you care about basketball, I’m sure you’re as concerned as I am about sticking our oly programs in the Big West, Big Sky, or WAC. I hope that never happens.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

My opinion is that the odds of Air Force leaving the MWC are much higher than Boise State.

Hair will probably tell them that he’s got first dibs on Space Force and if AF can be a little patient, SF can be their traveling partner and rival. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BSUTOP25 said:

As you care about basketball, I’m sure you’re as concerned as I am about sticking our oly programs in the Big West, Big Sky, or WAC. I hope that never happens.

That's a hard no. I can't fathom a situation that makes them go there. It's the WCC or add a couple western schools to the AAC. I see none of those 5 things happening. Boise will stay in the MW

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ibanez said:

 

But let's be honest, these guys  have about as much credibility as @JuwanHWolv. But still, at least it wasn't a Boise State article. 

This was back in October when articles were coming out talking about this topic. Right now, there are no rumors of this move ever happening.

OLD NEWS

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Anon5251042 said:

This was back in October when articles were coming out talking about this topic. Right now, there are no rumors of this move ever happening.

OLD NEWS

Umm, read the headline. It says this article from the fall is now picking up steam.

I asked what their source was and they didn't answer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Umm, read the headline. It says this article from the fall is now picking up steam.

I asked what their source was and they didn't answer.

Oh ok. My bad.

I agree with you that there's no sources or rumors of the move ever happening though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Anon5251042 said:

Oh ok. My bad.

I agree with you that there's no sources or rumors of the move ever happening though.

No problem. Most of the time they get their info from this board. So I was a bit surprised to see this. And now it's getting passed around on Twitter from AAC fans.....of course.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

My opinion is that the odds of Air Force leaving the MWC are much higher than Boise State.

Agreed.  The WCC or Summit might be interested in AFA other sports, too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Hey @UofMTigers. This is for you.

jacking off GIF by Saturday Night Live

I went to the lake this weekend so spotty internet connection...

AF to the AAC sure makes a lot more sense than Boise, that's for sure.

I mean, look at AF hoops this season...they can't compete with MWC level programs. They could however compete with teams like Denver, Omaha, Oral Roberts, South Dakota, etc.

It would work out for AFA and the AAC. It also wouldn't sink the MWC because they still have Boise, SDSU, UNLV, etc (their 'name' programs) and could either add someone like NMSU/UTEP or just talk Hawai'i into going Indy and standing pat at 10 teams (9 game conf football schedule and 18 game conf basketball schedule)

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

I went to the lake this weekend so spotty internet connection...

AF to the AAC sure makes a lot more sense than Boise, that's for sure.

I mean, look at AF hoops this season...they can't compete with MWC level programs. They could however compete with teams like Denver, Omaha, Oral Roberts, South Dakota, etc.

It would work out for AFA and the AAC. It also wouldn't sink the MWC because they still have Boise, SDSU, UNLV, etc (their 'name' programs) and could either add someone like NMSU/UTEP or just talk Hawai'i into going Indy and standing pat at 10 teams (9 game conf football schedule and 18 game conf basketball schedule)

Lake? Reelfoot or one of the TVA made lakes? I think you were hiding because of that 40 point loss to Tulsa.

Anyways, yes, I agree Air Force makes more sense. Sadly this is fake news. The MW Wire is like the National Enquire of the Rockies.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be delighted if AFA remained a full member in the MW.  My admiration for the young women and men who attend school there, then serve their country is immense.

If they wanted a different situation for their olympic sports they could certainly leave their football in the MW.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Lake? Reelfoot or one of the TVA made lakes? I think you were hiding because of that 40 point loss to Tulsa.

Anyways, yes, I agree Air Force makes more sense. Sadly this is fake news. The MW Wire is like the National Enquire of the Rockies.

Horseshoe Lake in AR. Little 900 sqft A-frame on the lake. (family use cabin)

ISd4ckb68f9uwg0000000000.jpg

I saw the Tulsa loss but I missed our L to SMU yesterday. I'll be curious to see how Penny/the team responds.

Link to post
Share on other sites

AFA was (as @Ibanez put it) an enquirer type piece that was based on Calhoun's complaints about the MWC.  His primary complaint was travel.  I don't see how the AAC mitigates that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

AFA was (as @Ibanez put it) an enquirer type piece that was based on Calhoun's complaints about the MWC.  His primary complaint was travel.  I don't see how the AAC mitigates that.

But the headline says "This piece from the fall is picking up steam." So they are claiming AF is looking to leave the conference. They have yet to provide me a witness, name or even other outlets with the story. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...