Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

BYU Columnist Dick Harmon defends Boise State, calls out the MWC

Guest #1Stunner

This article is legendary.

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2020/1/24/21079439/boise-state-football-byu-tv-contract-bonus-lavell-edwards-college-television-mwc-lawsuit-mormon-lds

Rebuffed Boise State, BYU football can feel your TV pain

Boise State has filed a lawsuit against the Mountain West Conference over a newly signed television contract that the Broncos say goes back on an agreed bonus plan.

@robe

Ugh... Can Boise just leave already? BYU and Boise can then play each other 10 times a year while their fans gaze into each other's eyes and tell each other how special they are how much espn loves them... seriously... every conference has a top end that drives eyeballs and $, bottom dwellers that don't pull their weight, and programs in the middle. The way the journalists and fans of both schools carry on you would think it's Alabama being stuck in the Sun Belt.... and then threatening to go to the MAC... You clearly want a seat at the big kids table but there aren't any seats to be had right now. I wish both schools were all in on being equal members of the MWC... the conference would be a great western rival to the PAC and would be in a position to poach some of the AAC schools, but clearly that isn't in the cards. If playing AAC schools is more appealing than MWC schools, go... If your oly programs thrive in the Big Sky, cheers... be an equal member or go be an Indy and play UConn every year... Please just end this misery...

According to reports, two MWC directors voted to nix Boise State’s sweet deal and notice was given to the Broncos who took it as a slap on the hide. Two directors (university presidents or chancellors) wanted it to go into effect immediately, to kill BSU’s favored status dangled as a carrot nine years ago.

This hurt my brain to read.

I think, therefore I'm.

5 hours ago, Rambouche said:

Ugh... Can Boise just leave already? BYU and Boise can then play each other 10 times a year while their fans gaze into each other's eyes and tell each other how special they are how much espn loves them... seriously... every conference has a top end that drives eyeballs and $, bottom dwellers that don't pull their weight, and programs in the middle. The way the journalists and fans of both schools carry on you would think it's Alabama being stuck in the Sun Belt.... and then threatening to go to the MAC... You clearly want a seat at the big kids table but there aren't any seats to be had right now. I wish both schools were all in on being equal members of a MWC that would be a great western rival to the PAC and would be in a position to poach some of the AAC schools, but clearly that isn't in the cards. If playing AAC schools is more appealing than MWC schools, go... If your oly programs thrive in the Big Sky, cheers... be an equal member or go be an Indy and play UConn every year... Please just end this misery...

Sure, as long as you poor schleps pay us alimony. :D 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

6 hours ago, Rambouche said:

5 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

Boise State and byu* can suck each others' co-ks until the cows cum home. Doesn't change the reality of no one wants them.

Maybe BYU can give Boise some tips on getting B12 membership. Especially how to go about getting LGBT certification.  

But don’t even think about asking CSU for any B12 membership advice.......they ain’t going to help any traitors shitting on and selling out the conference that really wants them. The MWC has even proven to CSU its love for diversity and embracement of cutting edge ideas such as CSU’s pilot program of ‘Future Student Season Ticket Holders”. This would be an expansion of their already popular current student season ticket plan. 

It’s impossible for anyone to know this, but I wonder how many great recruits Boise had at the doorstep ready to walk in, but just couldn’t get over the blue field. Of course it’s happened, but I wonder how much. 

kat.jpg

51 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Sure, as long as you poor schleps pay us alimony. :D 

While it seems a tad petty since since BSU will be signing a $100M per year contract with ESPN (to lock in the broadcast rights to BSU's 12AM EST game against umass in Dec, on their way to a national title against BYU of course), if that's what it takes to be relieved of you sh**birds, pass around the collection cup and I'll kick in my share.

14 minutes ago, Rambouche said:

While it seems a tad petty since since BSU will be signing a $100M per year contract with ESPN (to lock in the broadcast rights to BSU's 12AM EST game against umass in Dec, on their way to a national title against BYU of course), if that's what it takes to be relieved of you sh**birds, pass around the collection cup and I'll kick in my share.

Sweet — just don’t be late. Time is money. 

10 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Sweet — just don’t be late. Time is money. 

That's only fair...I appreciate those conference bus trips across Idaho aren't going to pay for themselves, either... shall we set the individual donation goal at the cost of filling up the gas tank to get the basketball team to Moscow for the big conference showdown?

43 minutes ago, Rambouche said:

That's only fair...I appreciate those conference bus trips across Idaho aren't going to pay for themselves, either... shall we set the individual donation goal at the cost of filling up the gas tank to get the basketball team to Moscow for the big conference showdown?

Doesn’t matter as long as you guys stay current on your payments. 

10 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Doesn’t matter as long as you guys stay current on your payments. 

I'm glad we can find common ground during this period of turmoil for the conference. 1st tank is on me...to be clear, I won't pay for the bus driver. I think it's only right that a bright mind in the trucking program get some practice with that CDL!